TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 06, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Cooking Shows: Food Network Star 2017: Archive through July 06, 2017 users admin

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, June 19, 2017 - 6:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I thought the same thing Roxip, if it takes all day to develop the flavors, don't try to cook it in 30 minutes. Ridiculous!

Lyn

08-06-2002

Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 6:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
I thought the same thing about the flavours. She keeps going on about it and yet she STILL cooks these foods. Time to move on to other ideas as these are NOT working for you

I was happy to see Suzanne go...being there was not doing her any favours

I really like Jason - he seems like a lot of fun. So far I'm thinking out of all the contestants, he's the one I would likely watch on tv/internet

Matthew I would NOT watch. Comes across as too practiced...very phony and insincere (in his videos)

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 11:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I think that if they let Matthew go far they would be doing so in hopes of attracting a younger audience...his brand of sarcastic, smart=alec (are those the same thing?) humor seems to be more in tune with people of my daughter's generation (young 20s). Not so much for me. I like him much better than I used to but he still comes across as entitled. I can deal with cocky but I have a real problem with entitled.

But the man can cook.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 1:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, what a fabulous BANNER....thank you so much Jimmer.!!!!

And WoW I think I see a male winner this year, didn't even realize how few women were still on the show.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 1:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I think the finale will be between Matthew, Jason, perhaps Caoden (because they have been searching for someone who is an Asian food expert for several years), and perhaps Cory (although I think he is too similar to several other chefs they have on the network), with David having an outside shot also. I don't think Trace, Amy, Addie or Rusty have a shot. Addie is too perfect (spent way too much time with Martha!), Amy - don't they already have a home cook in their lineup? - Rusty is too undisciplined and I just don't think Trace will make it too far because it is obvious Jason is their chosen Southern one.

Lyn

08-06-2002

Wednesday, June 21, 2017 - 1:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
I'm hoping Jason goes far - I like his quirky fun self.

For some reason I keep thinking Addie and Amy are the same person, until they go from one to the other.

Liking David too

Roteach

06-01-2003

Thursday, June 22, 2017 - 8:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
I loved Jason when he was on the Holiday Baking Show and I still love the quirky guy. I'd watch a show he was on even if he was only a judge.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Thursday, June 22, 2017 - 8:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
I'm a Jason fan. I find him authentic, which I can't say about most of the contestants. Matthew might be the best cook there (maybe) but I'd never sit and watch a show he might have.....he's not authentic on camera.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, June 22, 2017 - 8:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I think regardless of the outcome, Jason has a career ahead of him on food tv. He's almost unanimously liked.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, June 25, 2017 - 9:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I have never heard of corn in potato salad; maybe I heard that wrong.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, June 25, 2017 - 9:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok, I did hear that wrong, she isn't putting corn in the potato salad.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, June 25, 2017 - 9:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, she did put corn in the potato salad, LOL, jsut didn't mention it.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, June 25, 2017 - 9:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Now why would they run a commercial for next weeks show right in the middle of the actual how.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, June 25, 2017 - 10:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
And Trace goes home.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, June 26, 2017 - 12:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I am of the opinion that potato salad is something devised for the sole use of torture. It assaults all the senses:
Taste: gawdawful
Sight: stomach turning
Touch: slick & slippery-not with a 10 foot pole
Hearing: heavy plate plopping
Smell: vomit inducing

Jason for the win!

Texannie

07-15-2001

Monday, June 26, 2017 - 4:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
LOL Sugar, I have never seen such a strong reaction to potato salad.
I can't imagine using canned potatoes for anything. And i thought what the heck at the corn.
I make a really good twiced baked potato salad with roasted potatoes.
Matthew was awful talking all over her.
Wasn't surprised about Trace.My top 3 are Jason, Corey and David

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, June 26, 2017 - 7:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I wasn't surprised about Trace either. I knew he would leave early because they already have Jason in their deep southern charm role. Besides his food didn't work well.

David dodged a peanut allergy bullet!

Matt is starting to show his jerkiness again.

Lyn

08-06-2002

Wednesday, June 28, 2017 - 12:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
Matthew needs to let others shine...he's really not doing himself any favours

Jason came off very well once again. Honestly, I'd probably watch a show if he were hosting

I wasn't surprised Trace went home. I think he needs a bit more time as a cook to grow and then come back and try again

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, July 02, 2017 - 9:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Grocery Shopping on a Budget. These budget amounts are sort of weird.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, July 02, 2017 - 10:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
And Caodon goes home.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, July 03, 2017 - 6:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
And Matthew once again gets praised even when he totally hogs the camera. Psshhht!

I have a great new potato salad recipe. Darn Weight Watchers!

Lyn

08-06-2002

Tuesday, July 04, 2017 - 8:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
I really thought during the private talk someone would address Matthew's need to take over. Also, I wonder if he would do this to any of the other contestants.

At least it was noted during the comp...

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, July 05, 2017 - 6:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I would like to see Rusty and Matthew together for a team challenge - I DARE him to try and upstage Rusty...or Jason for that matter.

Lyn

08-06-2002

Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 6:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
Now there's something I'd like to see, Roxip

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 6:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Now that I think about it why have they paired him up with (relatively) weaker women? I don't see any of the male chefs allowing him to try and walk all over them like he has with the women. He can't out-chef Cory and David, Jason and Rusty all have strong personalities that would probably clash with Matthew. I'm kind of getting excited about future episodes when this will have to happen!