TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 19, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Cooking Shows: Food Network Star 2017: Archive through June 19, 2017 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, June 06, 2017 - 9:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh and why does everyone not like Matthew? I can't really remember him.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, June 06, 2017 - 9:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
He behaved like an arrogant little ass and this is his third time on the show. I just don't want to watch him again. I will concede my mother agrees with some of you he has grown up.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, June 07, 2017 - 6:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
He's smarmy. That's my reason.

I don't think he's grown up at all. I just think he has gotten more television wise, but he does seem to know his food.

I will believe he's grown up when under the week after week pressure of the show he doesn't go back to his former self.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, June 07, 2017 - 9:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I like him. :-)

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Wednesday, June 07, 2017 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I like him to... I always enjoy a good "growth" story... and Matthew has come leaps and bounds from the "Hashtag" guy from 2 seasons ago. He thought his idea/brand was sooooo great that was all there was to it. I also think he has the training and experience to pull it off.

BUT the proof is going to be IF he is going to be able to perform challenge in-challenge out consistently enough to make it to the end. In that regard he has a slight leg-up on the others that he knows what to expect... but still it's a long competition process.

I do love Jason... his ideas on Holiday Baking Championship were fantastic!!!

So until I get to know the others better... GO Matthew... GO Jason!!!!

Texannie

07-15-2001

Thursday, June 08, 2017 - 4:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I thought the judges always liked Matthew's food. I got the impression that because his food was so good, they kept him despite the attitude. Well, until he finally got so snarky Giada changed her vote and kicked him off.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, June 12, 2017 - 4:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Well two left last night, the older woman and the lady with the crazy hair, LOL....don't remember their names.

Matthews team lost the comp.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, June 12, 2017 - 5:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I didn't like Matthew so much last night. He was not a team player.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, June 12, 2017 - 10:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
it is hard to be a teamplayer when you don't really have a team. I am not a Matthew fan, but seriously they were all over the place. I don't understand why they did not buy everything on a list, have a list and buy things from the list. That is what I would fault Matthew on. anything else is stupid. Oh and it is suggested in some recipes to leave the peel on the potato for Vichyssoise and strain them out.

I really was quite shocked at that one guy taking 1/3 of the budget for his caviar, did everyone else get budget items?

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, June 13, 2017 - 7:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I was shocked that one of the teams left a bag behind and yet they still managed to put on a decent enough meal to stay on the show! The woman with the big hair (Toya Boudy - I just looked it up) will be on a Hallmark Channel cooking show in a week or so. Hopefully it will suit her better. That grandmother woman just didn't know how to work well with others.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, June 13, 2017 - 10:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I will never for the life of me understand how a team leaves a bag behind - especially now in most stores where you have to load your own cart. As the cashier fills a bag she hands it to me to put in my own cart. I've never left a bag behind.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, June 13, 2017 - 2:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
It's hard to collect all those bags when you are too busy patting yourself on the back like those men were...LOL!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, June 14, 2017 - 3:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
LOL... I never looked at it like that Roxip!!!

Lyn

08-06-2002

Wednesday, June 14, 2017 - 7:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
I like that one of the contestants shared baking powder with another cook so she could make her dish. I respect players like that

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, June 19, 2017 - 7:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I'm so glad that horribly annoying woman left last night...I was worried that it was going to be one of the other two! I think her saying she was from someplace she was not put the final nail in her Food Network dream.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, June 19, 2017 - 9:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I'm glad she left too. I honestly don't know how she made it on the show. Her misspeaking may have been nervousness, but she couldn't put together a coherent sentence.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, June 19, 2017 - 9:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
She definitely had a victim mentality. She blamed everybody else for her shortcomings. They should have just let her make a bad video and given themselves more time.

Besides, she should have rocked that baklava.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, June 19, 2017 - 9:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yeah, even I can make a pretty decent baklava, and I'm not so talented.

I think they just didn't want their team to lose, but they did anyway.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, June 19, 2017 - 11:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
How hard is it to add more butter? At my house it is a lot harder to NOT add more butter!

I give that New Orleans chef credit - he was trying hard to make his team work well together (Cory?) and be successful...but he should have reined in that first guy - I think he would have won if he had made an appetizer instead of a side dish.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, June 19, 2017 - 11:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I knew she was leaving as soon as she made those comments at the first of the show, after she spoke I saw to the TV, and she is probably leaving...at least I hoped.

Oh I went and checked, her name is Suzanne and she was from Detroit...I remember thinking why did she say mountains of the middle east (and I immediately thought....are there mountains in the middle east? hmm, what are they called? hmm, I really would only call them hills...it totally distracted me from the food, LOL), does that have some sort of link to Baklava? I don't really think of Baklava as middle eastern, but then again I can't think where I relate it to, maybe greek, LOL???

Plus she totally screwed her team in their videos I think to the degree that they didn't get that many orders, just because she took up so much time they didn't really get to try and sell their food and had to be done on the first take.

And finally, what the heck does Mountains, Desert, Beach, Forest and whatever else the final one was...have to do with food. The only one that even makes sense is Beach and Seafood; the rest have not any correlation to food unless they were trying to say regions, like the Carolinas, or New Orleans, or California.

I just thought that was odd and all those projected photos on the walls and sounds....oh that's right Jungle was the last one, seemed really cheesy and cheap to me.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, June 19, 2017 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Mountain was Dessert
Desert was Meat
Beach was Seafood
Forest was PASTA? Seriously?
Jungle was appetizer.

People must be really desperate for excitement if this is what makes for "an experience" in their culinary world.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, June 19, 2017 - 12:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I haven't really watched this show for several seasons as I dislike Bobby Flay. I liked the original format with the Food Network executives. I decided to watch the last 2 episodes as I like the gentleman who won the Holiday Baking Championship, Jason.

I thought the location challenge theme was silly.

I would love to know what wasn't fair to the eliminated contestant, she was a wreck.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, June 19, 2017 - 12:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Ok another show were people don't follow the stupid theme and no one cares.
Are there mountains in the middle east, of course - the sermon on the Mount,
Moses descending Mount Sinai with the 10 commandments
the ark is supposedly caught up near the top of a mountain in Turkey dropped from the flood.

The contestants missed the obvious - Camel meat for the dessert, Backed alaska for dessert (looks like a mountain). I see the mushrooms for the pasta, but not Pho. Jungle appetizer should have been little cookies like people with a boa wrapped around them or a head in a lions mouth.
They really need to tie hashtags hands behind his back when he does a video.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, June 19, 2017 - 1:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
And another thing...if a dish takes too long for the flavors to develop...DON'T COOK IT! (And I would really like that contestant to do well but geesh...do these people have any sense at all?)

LOL@hashtag hands.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, June 19, 2017 - 1:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Sadiesmom, I totally forgot about all those references...in my mind I see miles and miles of flat sand.

Oh prosciutto wrapped asparagus would have been great for the jungle appetizer, LOL.

LOL, Roxip.