TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 06, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Cooking Shows: Food Network Star 2017: Archive through June 06, 2017 users admin

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, June 05, 2017 - 7:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Ugh! So disappointed to see Matthew on my summer obsession once again. Yes he has approved and yes he won the "comeback" show...but UGH!

And what is with the multitude of people from the deep South? Are they missing Paula Dean's accent? I love me some southern cooking and southern accents but this seems to be overload...and does the guy from the baking championship show have to wear those ugly shirts? Is it in his contract?

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Monday, June 05, 2017 - 9:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I was by no means a Matthew fan... but he really won me over during Comeback Kitchen. I really enjoyed seeing his growth. I'm glad he's back over Jamika. I also enjoyed Danushka... but knew she was long-shot at getting back in. It was going to be either Jamika or Matthew and I think Jamika sealed her fate with her unedited Insta-Story. Matthew really had no big mistakes...

Glad Healthy Food guy left... Grandma can go next... and then one of the Southern cooks...

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, June 05, 2017 - 9:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
It's interesting that they used Danushka so much in the confessionals and narratives. She was much better in those than her tasks... she may get a job out of them yet.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, June 05, 2017 - 10:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
We had bad storms last night so I missed the last half of Comeback Kitchen...and for some reason it wasn't rerun later on that night...hope to catch it sometime this week.

Jamika reminded me way too much of that woman who won - was it last season?

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, June 05, 2017 - 3:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
This has slipped down the list for me for the last couple of season as the food has seemed so secondary to the show. Now even more so as the odious Matthew is back. I'm not sure it's going to cut it on my pvr line up.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, June 05, 2017 - 4:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I removed it from my DVR when it seemed like the winner was never really the "next Food Network star." It also got real annoying at them having the contestants do a "live" performance when there is no such thing as a "live" show on Food Network. It was more annoying and grating than anything so I deleted it.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Monday, June 05, 2017 - 4:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Who was the last FNS to really-truly get their own show? Jeff? Arti?

Texannie

07-15-2001

Monday, June 05, 2017 - 5:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Matthew won me over too. And it makes sense that they want him to succeed....it's a demographic they don't have. But I give it to Food Network, they just won't give someone a show just because of demographics.
I even laughed all the southerners! The hick guy from Kentucky won the baking championship. He's all cornpone and grits but he did seem to produce good products. It will be interesting to see how he does consistently in front of the camera.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, June 05, 2017 - 5:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Three of the last four have current shows. Tregaye? and Eddie Jackson. And Damaris.

The other one of the four was the cowboy who got canned for his homophobic and racist history.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Monday, June 05, 2017 - 6:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Don't forget Guy Fierii and Jeff Mauru and Justin Warner have all done very well!

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, June 05, 2017 - 7:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
If I see guy fieri TV, I change the channel with lightening speed. He just grates on my nerves. I was disappointed that he won, I remember being much more impressed with the person who was in 2nd place.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, June 05, 2017 - 8:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yes, and Jeff has done very well, and Aarti is a guest judge on many shows, as well as sometimes a contestant. Melissa D'Arabian has done well also.

But the question CassCat asked was about who was the last one to get their own show. And I just wanted to note that 3 of the last 4 have shows that are currently being aired.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Monday, June 05, 2017 - 8:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Eddie Jackson has only been a host... right? Have any recent winners had shows where they cooked.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, June 05, 2017 - 8:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Eddie has his own show: BBQ Blitz.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/shows/bbq-blitz

All three that I mentioned have their own shows. Check out foodnetwork.com for more info.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, June 05, 2017 - 8:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Here's a good slide show by season:

http://www.sheknows.com/entertainment/slideshow/6055/food-network-star-where-are-they-now/are-they-still-food-network-stars

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, June 05, 2017 - 10:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Just saw a commercial tonight for Eddie. New show called kids BBQ championship.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, June 06, 2017 - 7:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Yes, the cornpone guy one the baking championship...just wondering how that will translate over to FNS!

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Tuesday, June 06, 2017 - 8:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
This is the 2nd season of Kids BBQ Championship... and they've switched up the format. Instead of the same group of kids for the entire season - eliminating 1/wk - they have 4 different kids each week and award $10K prize each episode. Eddie was the Host in season 1 along with Matthew McCouaghy's wife... This season they dropped her but added Damaris as co-host.

I really appreciate the list... some of the winners I remember and most I don't.

I had no idea of some of the shows as it seems whenever I look at FN as I'm flipping channels it's usually Guy's Triple D, Guy's Grocery Games, or Chopped...

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, June 06, 2017 - 1:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I really miss the shows where they show you how to cook, they are harder and harder to find. I end up watching old Martha's and shows on Create and PBS.

Can't stand Guy.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, June 06, 2017 - 2:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Seems like all the "cooking" shows are on during the day, which either means DVR or whatever, and you are right - there aren't that many of them. I guess they think only women who work out of the homes are interested in them. If they had a show that showed simple, quick meals I would probably record it all the time.

One of my favorite shows (that doesn't come on that often) is Dinner at Tiffani's. For the most part she does recipes that are easy enough to follow and look divine. I also liked the show (I think it was called Simply Southern) that the blonde haired singer from a C&W group had for a while but I haven't seen it lately.

Oh, and I like Trisha Yearwood's show.

Guy's French fries on deck of the cruise ship I was on several years ago were the highlight of the cruise for me!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, June 06, 2017 - 2:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I used to always watch Pioneer Woman, Trisha Yearwood and Ina and several others from 5 to 7ish, but this last switch them moved them all to the morning/early afternoon. It is annoying.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, June 06, 2017 - 4:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Saturday morning for me is Pioneer Woman, Trisha Yearwood and The Kitchen. Enjoy those.
I

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, June 06, 2017 - 7:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I had taped the show and just finished watching it. For the first time in a long time I actually enjoyed it. Maybe this time they won't do so many stupid prank cooking segments and concentrate on the actual cooking and personalities.

I was cracking up a Jason (bald guy with the watermelon shirt), was that the brightest pink print jacket you have ever seen. Plus he had really good commentary on all the other contestants.

And I would like to see Coadan go far, she may have unique dishes with her point of view.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Tuesday, June 06, 2017 - 8:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Jason was a contestant on one of the Halloween/Holiday Baking Challenges and he was a hoot then. I know he can bake. Looking forward to seeing his cooking skills.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, June 06, 2017 - 8:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I thought he looked familiar but I had no idea why.