TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 21, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Dance Shows: Dancing With The Stars - Season 24: Archive through May 21, 2017 users admin

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, May 15, 2017 - 10:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Agreed. The judges were so shocked, I yelled at the tv that they were the reason she went home. They just kept pushing her. IMO there was no reason for Carrie Ann's comment last week. And yes, I think she just got tired of it. There's motivation, but that was not it. I'm in the Rashad camp now.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, May 15, 2017 - 10:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
At least Simone gets to come back for the finale next week--and she doesn't have to learn a new dance! Who needs a stinkin' Mirror Ball trophy when you have five gold medals?

Shocked, I am.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, May 15, 2017 - 10:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think it will serve them right if David wins.

That really sucked..

How dare the judges act so shocked..

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 6:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I can't say I'm all that surprised. There's more to this show than just pure athletic ability.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 9:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I thought that Simone faced an uphill battle from the first show - she was following in the steps of another gymnast who won the mirrorball trophy last season - it might not have been the best season for her to be cast. I am glad to have gotten the opportunity to know her as something other than a gymnast though and I thought she went out with great grace.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 10:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
They've announced a spinoff show- DWTS Junior (celebrity kids and kids of celebs teaming with junior dancers)

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 10:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
She did go out with class. I think she might have been relieved. She seemed happy. I'm sorry. David Ross seems like a nice guy, but Simone is a much better dancer. This show is ridiculous. And I thought David looked embarrassed to still be there when Simone was kicked out.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 10:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
David seemed to double check with his partner on the result.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 12:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I noticed he hung back while the others were hugging Simone...I'm sure a person who seems to be as humble and caring as he does (or at least as he has portrayed himself throughout the show) had to feel very sad for her.

But in other cute news...

http://www.justjaredjr.com/2017/05/16/normani-kordei-says-yes-to-bonner-boltons-date-invite/

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 1:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
As long as a contestant is trying his or her best, I see no reason for them to feel sad or guilty about being voted through or even winning.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 1:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Oh gosh, I didn't complete my thought! It is in no way Mr. Ross's fault that his fans have voted for him. He has been a good spirited, willing contestant and seems to have truly enjoyed the journey. It is, however, human nature to feel compassion for another person, especially when you know that if you compared apples to oranges that based on dancing alone he was not the best competitor...but he did not cause Simone to get voted off.

He has children that are not that far from her age - I'm certain as a father he felt for her.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 9:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
After re-watching the elimination, I did feel the judges were a bit over-dramatic. Especially Len and Carrie Ann. I felt bad for David having see them upset that he wasn't the one to leave. That wasn't very nice.

I actually missed their reaction the first time I watched, because when they said Simone was eliminated, I jumped off the couch and screamed in absolute total surprise and happiness.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, May 17, 2017 - 7:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I think the judges know when somebody is going to be eliminated...I think the surprise is faked.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Wednesday, May 17, 2017 - 8:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Someone mentioned that Simone probably was judged harsher due to comparisons from last season, Lauren, I tend to agree

I too am shocked David is still in it, but he has danced with heart, and has improved. But there's such a divide in talent

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, May 17, 2017 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Reader, and that's my issue with this show. It should be about someone who is "most improved," not someone who has professional dancing experience (Heather and Normani) or Olympic athletes that have the discipline to practice 8-10 hours a day. (Which is kind of why I hope Normani goes home and it is between David and Rashad.)

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, May 17, 2017 - 12:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Most of the general public doesn't know how to judge "proper" dancing. If they wanted the show to be all about the best dancer winning then they would leave the decision to the judges.

Plus no one seriously thinks that Chris, Charo and Mr. T etc. had any shot at winning. If the show was just about good dancing or the best dancer they wouldn't invite at least a third of the contestants.

For them to invite those people and then claim that the show is all about the best dancer is laughable.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, May 17, 2017 - 7:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I am sure for the finale the judges will make a point of scoring David low enough that no amount of fan voting can overcome it.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, May 17, 2017 - 8:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I thought the same thing

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, May 17, 2017 - 9:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Probably.. they usually do that but I wish they would just JUDGE and not pump up some scores for popular but not as good as several others dancers so that then they feel they have to manipulate things at the end.

I also think they sort of manipulate for certain of their pro dancers to win.. like it is their "turn" or something.

And yes, many viewers don't care about the technical dancing but the judges seem to harp on technical points with some dancers and mark them down, yet with others they mention technical problems, then shrug and score them just as high. Like the Davids who already have fanatic fans, get a 9 for much less than someone else might get a 9.

Luckily this isn't life or death..

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, May 20, 2017 - 2:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Normani may have injured her ankle. Will she dance? I bet she does, but ??

Link

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, May 21, 2017 - 4:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I'm going a little OT but a girl I work with went to the show the other night put on by Derek and Julianne. She said the show was absolutely amazing. She also said that Paula Abdul was in the audience (she was giving a concert the next night with Boyz-to-Men and another boy band - I think it was New Kids on the Block). She said Paula was taking pictures and giving autographs after Derek and Julianne's show and said she couldn't have been more gracious with the fans.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, May 21, 2017 - 4:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
thats cool!!!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, May 21, 2017 - 8:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That must have been fun for her, Lexie.

I think it's highly unlikely that Normani won't dance.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, May 21, 2017 - 11:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
My daughter and I are going to the show in a week or so. I hope our seats allow us to really enjoy it. I do worry about how it is in person, rather than on TV. I'm excited to see them. I think he is one of the best choreographers.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, May 21, 2017 - 11:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The promos for DWTS are really playing up the idea that we all thought Simone would win ( not with the way they were judging her and psyching her.. I worried about exactly what happened).. But they seem to be loving the supposed surprise, to troll for more viewers.

Bachelorette starts, too.