TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 15, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Dance Shows: Dancing With The Stars - Season 24: Archive through May 15, 2017 users admin

Jmm

08-15-2002

Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 7:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
I wondered about that too, Bbpeach. As they were announcing the trio partners I was like "who?". LOL

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 8:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I thought Bonner's trio was cute, but I think it was time for him to go home. Loved how Normani brought him into her trio. Seems to be a little bit of a crush there. I was surprised at how well he did, but it was painful to watch him dance. I was so afraid he was going to hurt or injure himself, knowing about all that metal in his back. He did well, but it was time for him to go.

Bbpeach, that's a very interesting observation about the difference between Simone and Laurie. It could just be a difference in personality also. Simone is adorable and very athletic, but I think Normani is just a naturally better dancer. Her Paso Doble last week was amazing!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 8:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I thought several of the trios were sort of underwhelming and had no idea who some of the dancers were.

As for comparing two different dancers just because they are gymnasts .. why would they have the same style and why would that be a good thing?

I do think the judges are trying hard to manipulate things, more than ever.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 9:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Simone likely cost herself some votes with that smiles dont win medals comments.

Bonner seemed defeated before it even started.

Rashad is soooo damn sexy! I love Normani. Dave grew on me but he better not be final 2

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 9:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Maybe, Pamy, but I suspect the judges lost some cred with some voters who will vote FOR Simone. Hard to say how it will balance out.

She wasn't put with Maks or Val, so maybe she isn't set up to win?

Reader234

08-13-2000

Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 9:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Exactly Seamonkey

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, May 10, 2017 - 4:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
In Simone's trio dance, I thought the girl pro was crowding Simone at times. I blame the choreography. You can't put her between two taller people and expect her to stand out.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, May 10, 2017 - 6:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree that Simone lost votes with her "smiles" comment. So much of this show is about feeling good and creating a good feeling and that did not feel good.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, May 10, 2017 - 9:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Unfortunately it came off as a bit bratty. First they ding her for smiling too much, not showing any other emotions. Then they tell her to smile more. Honestly, I'm a bit tired of how they seem to bash her.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, May 10, 2017 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I didn't find it bratty at all. I found it refreshingly honest. That girl has been trained for years to suppress natural emotions and tendencies and just focus on being a perfect gymnast. She has had to forego regular classroom environments, friendships, socialization - all she has done is gymnastics. It has made her one of the best gymnasts in the world today. There is a price for that though, and that is she hasn't had many life experiences. I suspect also that coming from her background exacerbated her ability to focus and suppress emotion. Learning to allow herself to be less than perfect is something new to her.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, May 10, 2017 - 11:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
But didn't Laurie have the same life experiences and lack of experiences? She came across very differently. They're simply two different individuals. In that case, maybe the judges' comments are fair. Big difference in the two competing on DWTS is their pros.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, May 10, 2017 - 12:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
It could also have a lot to do with family environment. Laurie seems to have had a very stable family life whereas Simone had a chaotic early upbringing. Or it could just be their personalities are vastly different.

They are both extremely bright and likeable young women no matter what, right?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, May 10, 2017 - 10:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I don't think they had similar backgrounds at all and regardless of that, even if they were identical twins they might simply have different personalities. Laurie is a very bubbly person, period, let alone for a gymnast.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, May 10, 2017 - 10:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And Laurie had Val as a partner/choreographer and I think it was "his time" to win as well.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, May 11, 2017 - 1:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Seems Simone is getting support online, including from Tom Bergeron, who apologized for the question he asked, how it was worded..

Others are responding, having been told to smile by others (have to say I get that too.. some of us just have grumpy cat faces at times).

ABC news..

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, May 11, 2017 - 5:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
She definitely has a game face. I never noticed that she wasn't smiling. Sometimes I think when they can't find any real critique they go for this type of nonsense.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, May 15, 2017 - 7:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
OMG!OMG!

Simone went home and David is in the finale!

WOO HOO!

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, May 15, 2017 - 7:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
WOO HOO!

WIN

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Monday, May 15, 2017 - 7:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
That was a shock! After two perfect scores, too. But like you said, loyal baseball fans.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, May 15, 2017 - 7:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
And hopefully some loyal football fans!!!!
But, I am happy for you Cubs fans.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, May 15, 2017 - 7:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
and I really think she turned off some viewers and lost votes when she came off rude last week.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, May 15, 2017 - 7:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
It will be a damn shame if Dave wins over Normani/Rashad!

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, May 15, 2017 - 8:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Unfortunately, the winner of DWTS is not always the best and most improved but who has the most avid fans who vote.
I'm rooting for Rashad. I thought he was great tonight.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, May 15, 2017 - 8:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I put all my votes to Rashad. I'm so disappointed Simone won't be in the finals. Darn it!

Cricket

08-05-2002

Monday, May 15, 2017 - 9:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
So much for watching the show on time to vote for Simone. I wish the judges, (Carrie) would watch her mouth. She kept going after Simone for 'something more' and basically broke her.

I hope Rashad wins, but won't be watching. This is the weirdest season ever.