TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 09, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Dance Shows: Dancing With The Stars - Season 24: Archive through May 09, 2017 users admin

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, May 08, 2017 - 8:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I think the F2 will be Nomani and Rashad. I would like a Rashad win.
Sorry Cubs' fans.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, May 08, 2017 - 8:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
You don't have to be sorry. I think most of us Cubs fans understand he isn't likely to win at all. We are just happy he has made it so far.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, May 08, 2017 - 8:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I want Rashad to win!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, May 08, 2017 - 8:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I'd like a Rashad Simone final two with a Simone win.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, May 08, 2017 - 8:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Sort of like when Jerry Rice competed. He made it to the final 3, but probably shouldn't have been there.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, May 08, 2017 - 8:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Liked David's dance, not so much Conner.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, May 08, 2017 - 9:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The second I saw Bonner got all 7s on his first dance, I knew David had a chance of staying tonight. No matter what, David scored higher than Bonner. For the night, Bonner had 61 and David had 65. So yes, David deserved to stay tonight just based on tonight's points.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, May 08, 2017 - 9:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Conner & Sharna gone.

David & Lindsay dance another week. David & Lindsay's first dance had Len near tears!

I think Normani will win mirrorball. David no. 2?! Good dancer. Extremely popular.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 12:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Simone is so talented, it's just not transferring on the dance floor, I don't know.

I never thought David would get this far after his very first dance that first night! He's having fun, and so am I, and like most I doubt if he'll go much further, but I'll still root for him!

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 4:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I am glad Simone stood up for herself. She is only 20 (i googled that because i actually thought she was younger!)
She hasn't had the life experiences of a normal 20 year old.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 6:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Laurie Hernandez didn't either. But she had much more bubbly personality.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 7:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I thought Simone and Laurie were around 16 or 17.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 8:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
At this point, I think I would be happy with any of the remaining contestants winning this season. They are all excellent, with David just being a person who I didn't know I would love at the beginning of the season. He really tries his best, no matter what. Beautiful waltz last night.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I like them all, but I just can't get behind Normani because of her dance experience. I absolutely hate that they put "stars" on that have dance experience.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Does anyone feel the judges (DWTS) pushed Heather out and now they are trying to push Simone out? Heather would have gotten a lot of votes from being on Glee. I feel the judges are pushing for Normani to win, which is so wrong. The judges are judges; not supposed to be fans.

I like Normani, but I feel she uses her sexuality to get high marks; whereas Simone is spot on in every dance and they just tore her down. She was so mad before her trio dance. They basically told her she wasn't good enough. That's BS. I'll take her great dancing, hard work and SMILES any day over young women using their sexuality.

I'd like to see Simone & Rashad in the F2 and may the best dancer win.

Lexie girl...what dance experience has Normani had? I didn't know that.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 12:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Normani belongs to that girl group Fifth Harmony.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 12:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I'm hoping the harsh treatment of Simone got people voting. I know it did me! I put all 10 of my votes toward her.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 12:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That makes her a singer but what about dance experience?

Bbpeach

07-07-2005

Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 12:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbpeach a private message Print Post    
I actually agree with the judges in regards to Simone. She is excellent in executing the steps, but find her dances are just blah. Which stands to reason, considering that is what gymnastics is all about, execution not emotion.

I'd like Rashad/Normani final 2.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 1:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
I looked up Fifth Harmony and found this video of them dancing, with the gals on the video showing viewers how to do their dance. So yes, Normani does have dance experience, but to be fair, so did Heather and I LOVED Heather. Love watching Heather dance. Normani has a natural rhythm, but I feel Simone has worked harder. JMO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bmtNZgncpw

Brenda, so hope you are right and viewers vote for Simone. I usually record this show and watch later, but next Monday I will watch live so I can vote for Simone. However, I no longer trust the DWTS franchise. As one article said about them, they have become as 'reality' as The Bachelor. Hmmm.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 4:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Simone has a smile that lights up the room. They are asking her to 'dig deep' and feel emoticons and use her experiences.... Welll, she hasn't dated, she has lived in a gym. What experiences would they like her to dig from. She did dig and use her emotions/feelings on being adopted/foster child. But if she kept referring back to that time and time again, she would be accused of pandering.
What they want from her? She smiled too much in the first dance and not enough in the second.???

Jmm

08-15-2002

Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 5:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, I think what a lot of people feel is unfair is that she (and others in the past) have had an advantage of having danced and learned to pick up choreography. Then again athletes have had the experience of knowing how to listen to coaches, so everyone has their own "advantage".

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 5:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I'm very much enjoying Normani's dancing. She certainly doesn't do ballroom dancing with Fifth Harmony, but she is doing so well. I'm amazed at her tangos!

Simone is adorable, but she still looks like she's performing gymnastics. She is a good dancer, but her hands look more gymnasticsy than graceful. I agree with the judges that she is very precise. She needs to be more emotional (and yes, teenagers can be emotional! Especially girls! I know I was.)

And I have to say that David and Lindsay's father/daughter dance absolutely devasted me. I sobbed for 5 minutes afterwards. I used to dance on my dad's feet like that, too, when I was about 5 or 6. My dad's been gone almost 29 years, but you never stop missing a parent.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 6:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Babyjax...that killed me too. My daughter dances still (age 23) on her dad's feet. She talks about how she will have to do that at her wedding.
(((And you never stop missing a parent))))

Bbpeach

07-07-2005

Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 7:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbpeach a private message Print Post    
If you look at the difference between Simone and Laurie Hernandez from last season, I think it is a great juxtaposition of each girl's strengths. Laurie was able to drop her guard and show her personality, while Simone has yet to do that. In a lot of ways I think that is what makes Simone a better gymnast, but Laurie the better dancer.

In another thought, does anybody else think that the judges were trying to pull more viewer votes to Rashad and Normani with the choices for the trios? At this point I think many of the dancers have their own fan bases, and Whitney I would think has a fairly good one, and somewhat Alan as well. The other 3 I don't think I'd ever heard of. Seems like usually you see Tony, Val, Kim, etc, not usually those just in the troup.