TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 05, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Adventure: Stranded with a Million Bucks - MTV new show: Archive through April 05, 2017 users admin

Kmm

10-07-2005

Tuesday, March 14, 2017 - 8:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kmm a private message Print Post    
Per twitter, we are actually Team Makody...and 99.9% of twitter is on our team too!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, March 14, 2017 - 10:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Amazing turnaround.. Cody started out being the one to hate, but he actually has been building his shelters from scratch and certainly isn't a drag (as too many of them are).

And the guy who is some sort of on tv personality has gotten uglier and uglier in actions, with others following him.

So what a turnaround for Cody.

Still sorry his dark haired friend left. I liked that Cody did not try shaming him to stay and was really supportive.

Anyway I do hope that Team Makody/Minority can someone get to use the tent or win a tarp, at least..

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, March 14, 2017 - 11:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
OMG could those four be any more annoying, and deluded that people will be proud of them for just taking food, then stealing the little bit of food that the other two had.. (all of this paid for by all six of them).

Of course given this is on MTV they are probably correct, since MTV so often sinks to the celebration of the most unpleasant and disagreeable people.

I was SO happy that they didn't think of (or maybe they were told they could not) doing that one competition in the style of Biggest Loser competitions where other teams can give up and gang up.. I was afraid that the two girls on the majority team would start putting water into the containers Alex and the other guy were filling.

At least they won something but then had their only food stolen.

And the majority brays that the guy who wants to quit will have his kids so PROUD of him?

I just cannot say how negative I feel about the Alex Ailish and other two majority at this point.

The peanut butter, sure, order that but then be fair about it.

But a $3000 burger and $3000 sandwich that you don't share?

Of course Mekani took that temptation..

Yacky

07-06-2005

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 - 8:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Yacky a private message Print Post    
They are such cry babies.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, March 22, 2017 - 12:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
https://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/2017/03/stranded-with-a-million-dollars-episode-4-in-tents/

Alex is trying to splain it all.. and I gather while at first he just trashed Cody, after getting feedback after several episodes he is trying to do some damage control.. but then blaming Elish and his male ally for being more adamant about NOT sharing the first tent.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, March 22, 2017 - 12:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Tonight's Episode

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/smallscreen/stranded-with-a-million-dollars-recap-the-kick-her-like-a-stray-dog-and-starve-her-out-edition/

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, March 27, 2017 - 10:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
ok, I binge watched because I was sick and awake inthe middle of the night, OK, I can see kids behaving that way but aren't soem of these people in jobs where people can see how they are behaving and that guy with the girlfriend, is she not going to think about how he would treat her in the future? That one guy arguing with the girl about only carrying a tent and he could only manage carrying a tent himself such whining such unbelievable whining, I can not see any of the four making it far - they seem relatively incapable I did miss how they started fires, I expect not with a bow drill, ha ha. So if they are going to deny others fire, I hope they don't think they can deny them matches.
I do know why they did not drag her out of the tent though, touching people can get you eliminated, how many nights did she stay up in the rain while they whined about it while being covered by a tarp? This has to be a classic case of not thinking to the future.,

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, March 27, 2017 - 10:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
oops too late to edit, I see it was Alex who did indeed have bow drill experience, for shame others should have studied it. or they should have bought matches.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 10:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The bow and drill .. They went through several shoelaces.. Those people had to flare out.. Looking shoes in mud.

They bought a flint.

So two of the"Good People " got sick and left.

Eilish was to have an appendectomy. That water they drank did a number.

Just after the 4 crammed down 2 fully loaded pizzas.. I mean 5 different meats, etc., And this was after the one guy already had diarrhea.. The temptation was given to one of the 4, who took their leader. She was so sick that the $15k reward was too much.. Since she was already bloated from gorging on food that was not shared with Makody.. So they spent only $5000 and got water, just and other goodies.

Early on, after arriving at camp the four left a bunch of clothing on a big rock on the beach.. So funny when waves washed over.. The non leader guy lost his socks, so part of everyone's money bought a new pair, but by the time they arrived he chose to leave. The medic said he could wait 24 hours and might be ok. His vitals were normal. He chose to leave.

Eilish was taken to check more and not allowed to continue, though we didn't see that part.

I wonder if those hard to digest nuts pushed her appendix over the edge.

So now there is no majority.. In previews, Cody reverts to bully, saying they cannot use the pot.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Makani pointed out that the four would spend massive amounts on pizza, eat it all, and have nothing.

She and Cody ordered a bag of carrots and crunchy peanut butter. They still had rice.

Kmm

10-07-2005

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 9:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kmm a private message Print Post    
With everything Makani and Cody put up with from the majority, I don't blame Cody at all for being a jerk...I wish he wouldn't, but I get where he's coming from.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 30, 2017 - 9:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yeah.. I don't blame him, but hope he doesn't go too far..

Gina is fragile already and likely to flare out on her own.

But, no more pizzas..

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 30, 2017 - 9:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I don't. Cody was ugly and mean right from the start, doing everything he could to get others to quit. He's arrogant and rude, and I'd hate to see him win.

What the others did to Cody was in retaliation for how he behaved toward them in the beginning. Now he'll retaliate against them.

They're all rather childish.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 30, 2017 - 9:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Their reaction has cost them in so many ways, including their health.. the glampers, I mean.

And the reaction to spend over $200,000 .. if they really thought they could starve Makody into leaving, cost them a lot.

The pizzas they built were SO unhealthy.. And they gifted on them.. Plus burgers and sandwiches the first time.

Interesting with the guy who chose to leave with the medic.. His vitals were normal, medic did not suggest that he had to leave, but there was no doubt he would leave.

Childish, for sure, but MTV thrives on who is the most outrageous., so I guess it isn't surprising.

They may struggle to carry everything with only 4 left and added weight in their money stash.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 30, 2017 - 9:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I agree that they did not make wise purchases.

I do think the tents were a necessity, given the weather and the circumstances which meant they couldn't build a permanent shelter. They should have given MaCody the tarp they wanted too.

I just don't agree that Cody is blameless for the predicament that he and Makani were in. They were ugly, condescending, and Cody was quite clear from the beginning that he was not trying to bond, he was trying to drive *all* the others out. And he only took up with Makani after his buddy left.

So, they did the same to him. They just weren't very smart about it.

Cody and Makani are clearly stronger physically and with their ability to survive the elements. But they've been disgusting people.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 30, 2017 - 5:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I agree that Cody have all you said. And that a simple tarp might have made a difference in relations. I think the glampers have gone way beyond Cody in terms of hateful behavior, greed and gluttony. And stealing the peanut butter out of spite was low.

But it still has me watching.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 30, 2017 - 7:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I think the group of four only looked worse because they had all the power.

Pretty sure if Cody had the power, he would have tried to starve them out too.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, March 31, 2017 - 12:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
OK, no one is a saint here, they are all bad, but
Cody, wanted to drive the unfit people out, he does have some survival skills, he has built shelters, Most of which kept him dry, he does not complain about nature, only other people.
Makani - Sad that she left home at 16 and has survived herself, got her GED though and apparently got a computer, etc. so she is a survivor already. She has not really done anything really bad except with her mouth, hey we all say bad things and the camera is ready to catch it. She took the tent, well they bought it with her money and would not share it - more power to her after that, it forcedthe others to by her a tent because they could not stand one night of what she has bene standing night after night. She ate some of their left overs after they had not allowed her to use the pot, did not offer to share their food and left the pot full of left overs and dirty and walked away. Now she could have thrown their food out and started over, but what is the use of that. It was not like they had a way of preserving the left overs. I think she has been playing fairly if not politely and stood up for herself with no help from anyone including Cody. This is a winner.
Alex - blowhard - he says he is a tv commentator, - maybe a wannabe, but I read his articles at reality blurred where he is trying to justify his behavior and trying to get people to stop criticizing him, as if he was just an observer (seriously) and not a participant of bullying. He was a ring leader.
Alonzo - the man said he had PTSD, and he acted weirdly enough to make that seem honest, the whole guilty thing over his temptation was sad, very sad. I do believe he wanted anyway out of there and he never should have gone on this trek to begin with being so fragile. I don't hold any meanness against him, he just never should have been selected, he has a lot of problems.
Gina, just a party girl, who does not belong there and definitely the next out probably the next show. Can't think of anything nice.
Eleesh, I don't really believe the appendicitis, just don't. She is a mom that is going to get some serious wake up calls. She wanted the money but not what went along with it.
OK, my opinions, I don't think that Manika is a nice person, but I do believe bad things have happened to her in her life, and she is more prepared to live in this nature, I don't know what else they are eating, but she is thriving. Yes, they could have built shelters, she built her own, much as Cody built his own. Glampers not so much.
Abut the water - the glampers are hogging the pot and not sharing water, so they come to this place and according to an interview with Cody, they are drinking from a muddy pool of water, Where as Manika and Cody are walking a few thousand feet and getting water from a waterfall. Common sense, the people hogging the pot are not even boiling their water. So amy complaint about water problems is on them. They wanted the others to get sick, but their laziness is doing them in.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, April 01, 2017 - 1:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I don't think Cody wanted to starve anyone (he does now, of course) but he Mekani and his friend who left just wanted to hold down on the purchases.

And of course the craziest part was that the majority was allowed to hoard what was bought and not share it. I would have a rule where something bought for one person (like the socks) would come out of his or her share of the prize should they reach the end. And thus if four people spend $20,000 on pizza it would come out of their share, not the share of someone not allowed to share it.

The flint and pot and that knife would be prorated to all and tents.. but it would get complicated for sure.

Sadies.. yes to 99% of what you just wrote!

The glamper 4, now 2, just seemed so lazy, like leaving their stuff by the water.. they have been on that island long enough I would think, to know about tides and waves.

That is interesting that they took water from a puddle. The camera showed the waterfall, maybe thinking they would at least go there. Seems like there would be time on their hands in between ordering stuff, eating and temptations and only two go on those.

And the "stolen" food that Cody and Makani took was something like Taro that they found growing there so it wasn't something ordered for thousands of dollars.

Oh well.. if there is a season two you'd think it would have to be different since people would have seen this season. Definitely don't sacrifice your shoelaces if you want to stay on the island.. and probably buy at least tarps and a flint.

I wonder if there was a smaller pot available. That one is so cumbersome to carry..

And with only four left, assuming Gina doesn't flare out before they move, then it would be three.. they will have even more weight in money, the pot, flint, the ordering device, and flares and gun, two tents, the knife and the deck of cards to carry

Kmm

10-07-2005

Saturday, April 01, 2017 - 9:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kmm a private message Print Post    
Hahaha, Sea, don't forget the all important deck of freaking cards...idiots!!!!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, April 01, 2017 - 10:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
. ⛺ 💸

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, April 01, 2017 - 11:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
As I recall, the first show, Cody said he wanted to not allow any purchases to make people so uncomfortable they all leave and it is just him and he could stand anything.
About the puddle they were getting water from, I think that is the same water that Cody came to to wash out his underwear and butt after his "nature calls" incident. Oh I think he wants people to get sick and leave. Then the campers commented on it and how rude to do that in their drinking water, and still did not boil the water. ?
Oh Seamonkey, this is MTV, they want there to be anger and angst. It is the real plot. This is not a survivalist show like alone. Not prorating the money is part of the deal of control.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, April 01, 2017 - 11:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
oh here is the interview about the water
monsters and critics

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, April 05, 2017 - 9:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
You should wash your butt downstream from where you get water and the place you get water should be upstream from any contamination.

Last night I realized that Alex hasn't been helping Gina..in the past it was Eilish.. Last night it was Cody.

I don't like the starving and Karma isn't so simple but it would be hard not to be harsh.

I thought we would find out if Gina and Alex stole all the peanut butter from Makody.. And wonder if Gina even are the carrot she stole.

There is still time for Cody to be injured, though.

I hope that doesn't happen.

I love that they lost the weight each is carrying.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, April 05, 2017 - 1:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
It was not Alex and GIna stealing the peanut butter, Alex filled his face at the tent and brought a small amount to Gina, so he is not fair even when he steals.
He has written another blog about how good a person he is and what good people the glampers were (insinuating the others were not).

Seriously how can you not hate this puffed up pretend good guy. The show has been over for a while, yes he knows what is not filmed,but we have eyes and ears and can see what has been said and done, I know about editing and they generally do not split up words and make new sentences, I remember the glampers denying boiled water to Makani, if not Cody, and Denying them a food order the first time while the glampers feasted. They can't say Makani stole their food when she late left overs from a dirty pot she was mostly denied access to and as compared to each clamper gladly stealing her peanut butter even when it was all they let her have. Someone needs to find a moral high ground, his leaving his "partner" to struggle in the water did not look good last night, he did not discuss that.

He did discuss how he would have made a good partner with Cody and they could be strong enough to finish this. As he lies to each person left in the game badly, ha ha . So sad.