TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Iron Chef Gauntlet

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Cooking Shows: Iron Chef Gauntlet users admin

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, April 17, 2017 - 8:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Anybody else watch this new show last night? I thought it was good but seemed rushed (of course the first episode always seems rushed, doesn't it?). Even better was the pre-show that kind of went over the history of Iron Chef and showed some of the top Iron Chef moments.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Monday, April 17, 2017 - 10:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
I just watched my DVR. I like Alton Brown so I think I will enjoy the show but I'm a little sad that Mark Doscasscos (sp?) will no longer be the chairman. I like Alton as the commentator in Kitchen Stadium. I wonder if he can do both or if someone else from Food Network/Cooking Channel will take that gig?

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, April 17, 2017 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I agree. I do miss The Chairman but honestly Alton did most of the commentary...although I did kind of miss the other guy who was going out in Kitchen Stadium and interviewing people.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Monday, April 17, 2017 - 3:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
I think his last name was Braush or something like that. Maybe he will get Alton's commenting job in addition to the interviewing. Who knows? I haven't seen any spoilers on the new show.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, April 17, 2017 - 3:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I just read some articles and it sounds like it is Alton's show, his ideas and he will be doing all the roles. He wants it to be more about the food and less about the drama...he seems delighted to be the Chairman!

It seems to be a mashup of Next Iron Chef and Iron Chef America and he says that he realizes that there might not be a winner due to the gauntlet portion where they have to compete against the three iron chefs. Should be interesting!

Lyn

08-06-2002

Saturday, April 22, 2017 - 1:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
I think the US is a week ahead of Canada - it doesn't premiere here until tomorrow.

I'm looking forward to it

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, April 29, 2017 - 11:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
so how many of these people do we know? Stephanie - top chef 5?
Sarah Grueneberg top chef texas
Nyesha Arrington - top chef texas

Isn't this just a renamed next Iron chef?

Roteach

06-01-2003

Saturday, April 29, 2017 - 12:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
The guy with the glasses and long hair I think was on Beat Bobby Flay.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, May 01, 2017 - 6:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Yes it is basically Next Iron Chef but with the twist being at the end the final contestant will have to compete against real iron chefs to determine if they are worthy of becoming an iron chef.

I was kind of sad to see the guy go last night (the guy from Louisiana). The Asian young man has been in the bottom twice now - and he only seems to be able to cook fish really well. I get that he's very talented but he doesn't seem very well rounded.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Monday, May 01, 2017 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Roxip, I agree with you. He only wants to cook in his Asian style. Granted his presentations area beautiful but he needs to branch out in cooking style. There just might be an ingredient that can't be cooked in the Asian manner although he'd do his best to cook it that way.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, May 01, 2017 - 2:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
He appears to be very gifted for his age and has a very engaging personality...but I don't think he's ready for Iron Chef status yet...unless the network of course is trying to attract a younger audience and then he'll win for sure.

Lyn

08-06-2002

Tuesday, June 06, 2017 - 7:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
Chef Izard grew on me during the competition and won me over during the Finale. I respect that she chose to go up against each Iron Chef and their strengths. By doing this, she proved that whether she won or not, she really was Iron Chef material.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, June 06, 2017 - 8:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I kind of liked the other woman chef better but I agree Chef Izard did an amazing job...but did we really think she wasn't going to win at the end?

However, any time I get to see Chef Morimoto (or however you spell/pronounce his name) on my television screen I don't care whatever reason...I have such a huge crush on him (and I don't even like seafood!).

Lyn

08-06-2002

Wednesday, June 07, 2017 - 8:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
My first pick was the chef who went out final 2

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, June 07, 2017 - 11:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Was her name Chef Gerschler?

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, April 11, 2018 - 6:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I enjoy Alton Brown,
Today's secret ingredient is bread so Alton suggested if you have a gluten problem back away from the screen, ha ha .

yum someone is making a high level BLT

Lyn

08-06-2002

Friday, April 13, 2018 - 2:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
Reinventing the sandwich...I thought the ice cream sandwich was REALLY thinking outside the box

Vsmart

02-10-2003

Thursday, April 19, 2018 - 9:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
Even Alton Brown thought making wild boar tartar was a terrible idea. Yet she stayed by one point. At least she didn't make boar ice cream.

Lyn

08-06-2002

Thursday, April 19, 2018 - 12:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
Thank heavens she listened to him, the whole idea of pork tartar gave me the willies. (I just finished two courses of food handling and safety, so...yeah )

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, May 09, 2018 - 10:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
not impressed by the food LeFavre made today, his scores were high though. I am sure it all tasted wonderful, but it seemed to lack imagination.

Lyn

08-06-2002

Friday, May 11, 2018 - 11:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
He didn't seem to take any chances, just making what he knew (a pattern all season). As a potential Iron Chef I would think he'd go all out

Alex Guarnaschelli always impresses me. I'm thinking out of all of the Iron Chef's she would be the hardest to beat

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: