TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 10, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Adventure: Stranded with a Million Bucks - MTV new show: Archive through March 10, 2017 users admin

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Tuesday, December 13, 2016 - 11:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
This looks like fun, I saw an ad on TV tonight & went looking for more info.

Ten cast members are stranded on an island with nothing but the clothes on their back and a million dollars in cash! Those who can survive for 40 days will split that money as their prize. The catch? They can buy any supplies they want, but everything is crazy expensive -- and comes out of their winnings. Tollbooth TV is producing. Kevin Lee is executive producer.

rumored spoiler - sorry I couldn't find how to do spoiler tags but highlight if you want to see:

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
Are You The One cast is getting their own spin off competition show like the challenge.

Here is the show Gio is rumored to be on...
(AYTO4 Giovanni Rivera)

Stranded with a Million Bucks

<added spoiler box ~jr>

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, December 14, 2016 - 4:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Sounds interesting. I'll check it out especially now that Survivor is ending.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Thursday, December 15, 2016 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
I'll be checking it out too. I couldn't find a start date or times for this show.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Thursday, December 15, 2016 - 6:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I caught a glimpse of an ad on TV but didn't catch the details, but I'm not finding anything online. I would assume it would be scheduled if they were advertising it - never know with MTV though.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, January 22, 2017 - 2:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
It starts February 21 per a note on my calendar.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, January 22, 2017 - 3:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Thursday, January 19, 2017 - 2:36 pm Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post
MTV's new show Stranded with a Million Dollars starts 2/21- 10 players have to survive 40 days on an island- those who don't quit split the prize money. They start with a million dollars, but can buy stuff to help them out- but it's expensive ($30,000 for a 2-person tent for example), and the more they spend, the less the prize...but the more who quit, the larger the shares of the prize...

http://thefutoncritic.com/news/2017/01/18/mtv-announces-provocative-new-survival-series-stranded-with-a-million-dollars-833311/20170118mtv01/

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Sunday, January 22, 2017 - 1:07 pm Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post
Thank you, thank you Wilsonatmd! I had been searching for info with no luck on this show, I saw an ad on MTV but couldn't find any details online.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, January 22, 2017 - 5:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
this sounds interesting

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, January 22, 2017 - 6:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
It actually does..

I assume they have to vote on spending money or not. And that they will not agree.

Remember on BBI when they could even buy cigarettes but ran out of toilet paper (as we famously tried to resuppy)..

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Saturday, February 18, 2017 - 7:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Some clips are up-

http://www.mtv.com/shows/stranded/video-guide

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, February 22, 2017 - 12:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
So.. a couple of guys who are bullies.. trying to psych others into leaving..

Drones monitor all.

They just barely managed to not buy anything on the first opportunity, but then one woman who was identified as a week link over food is offered a "temptation" and can take anothr person. They have three choices.. $8000 for some food, $15000 for more food or don't take the temptation.

This money comes out of the first $100000 the group has. And they spend the $15000 and eat a lot of food but then lie to the others, saying there was a challenge and they failed.

They have to move 9 times, each time for another $100000. So by the end of the hour, they are going to move and one woman is sick and the bully guys really psych her so she quits (there is a flare gun and a flare for each if they want to give up).

Preview shows that of course they are notified that $15000 was spent on the temptation.

And the rest do NOT like the two bullies, so I wonder if there will be a revolt leading to money spent.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Wednesday, February 22, 2017 - 11:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
The majority had to vote with the 2 bullies to not spend any money.

Very interesting strategy, the 2 bully guys talk the majority into not spending money to make life miserable so the weaker ones would quit.

One night sleeping in the rain in a shoddy shelter, no food or water & some are pretty miserable but the first one quitting lasts 3 days but is sick & vomiting (from a bad coconut, she thinks) & is bullied into quitting before the hike even starts.

Since they can't vote off anyone, only quitters won't share in the money. All that last 40 days share what is left of the money after expenses.

A two person tent costs $30,000. A bottle of champagne costs $3000. A can of Pepsi is $1000. An axe is $8000. I forget how much water & matches are but they are also expensive but they are given a $100k to spend or not - majority vote.

The weakest link is identified & offered a "temptation" by production. She chooses a cohort to join. Loved his manipulation, you were chosen for a "treat" it's up to you to choose whether to take it but you know what others would do ...

The group didn't plan on having to move campsites every 4 days, so the guys hunkering in at their own personal shelter may rethink their separation strategy when they have to create new shelters instead of buying portable tents.

They have to ALL be at the next campsite (a long way away) within a short amount of time (3-4 hours) with all the items they want to take to beat the deadline & collect the next $100k

The minority group should have gone on strike & said if you aren't going to buy the items we need to survive (shelter, food, fire) then there won't be any money to collect. Hopefully they do this before the next buying opportunity, which is only allowed every few days.

Cody (the main bully) reminds me of a young Spencer Pratt from MTV's The Hills (& BBUK) Heidi & Spencer. He even looks like him.

I think I'm going to love this show!

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Wednesday, February 22, 2017 - 12:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
I'll put the over/under at the final total at $550,000- I suspect they'll miss at least one checkpoint time limit and lose the $100K there plus purchases. However, I also put the over/under as to the number of players left to split the money at 5- so if 5 players are left to split $550K, that would give them $110K each...and I think the main instigators are getting the "overconfidence" edit and will end up quitting halfway through..

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, February 22, 2017 - 12:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think the backlash against the bullies may be some stupid spending..

They probably won't show it but the foods the two ate ate the temptation would likely cause indigestion on an empty stomach.

But now they had protein.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, February 22, 2017 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I would be ok with them leaving. They were so arrogant about not helping in the efforts to make fire..

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Wednesday, February 22, 2017 - 1:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
I think the phrase "penny wise and pound foolish" is going to be apt for this show- I wouldn't be shocked if they end up losing $100K in a camp move because they got sick drinking bad water when they could have gotten some good water for $6,000...

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 5:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Day 4, 3 out of 10 people have quit already & only 36 days left to go.

The casting call was for a survival adventure show so the people had an idea of what they signed up for but it rained on 11 of the first 12 days, at least they were in the tropics.

The majority agreed to buy a small tent, pot, a flint, backpack (to carry the money) machete & a pizza all which totaled $105k. Two temptations have been used for a total of $30k, so far they have accrued $65k.

I don't know why they bought the machete when they could have bought an axe for less. I guess they aren't offered rice & beans.

I expect that $15k temptation will be taken each time, since the first 2 took it. Others will rationalize that they need to get their share too - especially as they get more hungry. I'm sure there will be even more temptations. A letter from home for $25k???

Wilson, I think your total of $550k is probably twice the max of what I would guess & I think that it will be even less.

They asked the audience to vote for who we wanted to be on the next "MTV Challenge" Since this has been mostly the "Cody show" not really fair to ask this early.

I *do* like them getting contestants for "MTV Challenge" from this show rather that AYTO though. Also much more likely these people can compete.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 10:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The majority, which was only 4 or 5.. since they ignored one woman and the two bullies.

And they just spent willy nilly and then their logic was that since THEY voted for these items, only they could use the tent. HUH?

They have become the bullies/spendtrifts.

After the majority taunted the two guys. who didn't get any pizza and later threatened to get in the tent but didn't.. the temptation was offered to the lead bully, who of course took his friend and there was no doubt they would spend the $15,000. And at least they each got an outfit.. new shoes, hats, one had a poncho, which seemed really smart of him.. and they got food.

The one woman who hates all the divisiveness and wasn't consulted because she was staying by the fire so it wouldn't go out.. she accuses the 4-5 new bullies of just wanting to camp and not survive so they are now ostracizing her and she is talking to the two guys.

The two guys also got food so that made up for not getting the pizza.

I really am not liking almost anyone already.

At least two of the weaker ones went out on the way over to the second location.. one was one of the guys who seemed strong but those who gave up shoelaces in the first attempts to make fire, had shoes pulled off or lost in the extreme mud.. and the former strong guy had trashed feet and finally gave up.

anyway that is why this rather small group is the "majority".

Oh the first two who took the temptation and ate are gone so now we have the two bullies having eaten in the second temptation and the "majority eating pizze". I think the one woman may not have gotten any pizza, so that is sad if true. The two guys felt bad that they couldn't get her a hat or food.

I think they spent some of that money out of spite, actually.

As for a vote, I missed it but I don't give a royal rip who is on the mtv challenge or not. I've been SO over that for so long..

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 12:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Hmm no one else watching this?

Actually it is pretty disheartening that 4 of them can just spend the money and then hog the tent.

Looks like one of the only two left on the other side (one tapped out tonight) may demand that they get to use it some of the time.

Tonight the two who were offered temptation didn't take it.

And they only bought a large duffel bag.. because they have to carry the money from location to location and only had a small backpack.

Then there was a storm coming in and they were offered a small list of items for half price. The three without a tent wanted to get a tarp but were overruled.. they did get a large jar of peanut butter and at least that was shared.

But that storm did come and the shelter built by the three without a tent, collapsed.. after which the dark haired guy shot his flare.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 12:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I know Cody started out being the one to hate but that guy who is some sort of tv personality.. I'm really disliking him and Eilish too.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 10:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
It sounds good Seamonkey but I don't get MTV anymore. I'm enjoying reading your synopsis so thank you for posting!

Kmm

10-07-2005

Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 10:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kmm a private message Print Post    
Me too, Sea...I don't care for any of the majority...I was sorry to see the dark haired kid give up.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 11:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I liked him.

I was hoping he'd leave the blue hat with the woman who was allied with him and Cody after the others made all those decisions without even talking to her. And I hope he left his jacket or whatever.. but probably not. And I do understand him wanting the hat as a souvenier too.

I'm just so incensed that those four think they can spend a giant chunk of the GROUP money and then claim the tent for the four of them.

But of course they are majority.. pfft.

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Friday, March 10, 2017 - 9:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
I really dislike everyone in the majority group. They are just mean and nasty not sharing tent. not allowing other 2/3 to even get a tarp after all the money they spent.

I really hope the minority two outlast them all and share the money at the end.

Kmm

10-07-2005

Friday, March 10, 2017 - 6:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kmm a private message Print Post    
Team Minority

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, March 10, 2017 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yeah!