TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 01, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Dance Shows: Dancing With The Stars - Season 24: Archive through March 01, 2017 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, February 25, 2017 - 9:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Nancy Kerrigan has been out of the spotlight for so many years I have no clue what she is like now. Actually, for that matter, I don't have much of a clue of what she was like back when she was a competitive skater. It's not like we get to see a lot of personal stuff about these athletes other than the typical short Olympic pieces. That was one crazy time in U.S. figure skating.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, February 25, 2017 - 10:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I also read today that Erika Jayne from RH of Beverly Hills is going to be on.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Saturday, February 25, 2017 - 3:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
And Chris Kattan from SNL.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, February 25, 2017 - 5:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Erika Jayne (Girardi) has the personality of a wet mop that has been sitting in dirty soapy water for a week. She has zero sense of humor. There is nothing pleasant about her. I can't wait to vote her off by not voting for her. I'll vote for Chris Kattan before I'll vote for Erika Jayne. I wonder if her grandfather-husband will be there to support her.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, February 27, 2017 - 10:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Read today on People that Heather Morris from Glee and Charo are dancing. Also some bull rider/model named Bonner something.

Bbpeach

07-06-2005

Monday, February 27, 2017 - 10:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbpeach a private message Print Post    
I like Erika Jayne.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, February 27, 2017 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Heather Morris is a professional dancer. I realize they have certainly gotten close to the line several times in their cast but a professional dancer? Hmmm....

And I always liked her character.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Monday, February 27, 2017 - 12:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
I had forgotten that Heather Morris was a dancer. Now I recall that she I think had worked with the Glee choreogrphers before the show. Her dance training may help her or if her training was more hip hop/street and less of the technical training then it might hinder her. At least she should be able to pick up the choreography easily. Wonder who will partner her? Mark or Maks or Val?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, February 27, 2017 - 1:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, Roxip, I was wondering if they have just given up on the "Start that can't dance" premise of the show.

Anyone with dance training can pick up choreography so much easier than others.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Monday, February 27, 2017 - 2:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I had to google Charo as I remembered she was seriously hurt in a golf cart accident years ago and didn't know she was still alive.
Her DOB is 3/13/1951!?!? How is it possible that she is only 65 years old? I remember watching her on Merv Griffin when I was a very little girl and she was an adult then. She can't possibly be only be 7 years older than me!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, February 27, 2017 - 3:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Believe it or not, I have heard a rumor that sometimes people in Hollywood lie about their age.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, February 27, 2017 - 3:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
From wiki...

Charo's year of birth has been the subject of dispute for many years. Official documents in Charo's birthplace of Murcia, her original Spanish passport, and her naturalization papers state that her birth date is March 13, 1941.[3] After immigrating to the United States, Charo claimed that she was born in 1947, then changed it to 1949.[4] She asserted in a 1977 court hearing that her passport and naturalization papers were wrong and that her true year of birth was 1951.[5

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charo

Texasgirl

07-14-2013

Monday, February 27, 2017 - 5:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasgirl a private message Print Post    
Couples spoiler alert (from what I can gather this is pretty accurate). If you want to wait to be surprised on GMA, don't open the link.

http://www.puredwts.com/2017/02/27/puredwts-season-24-whos-dancing-with-who-couples-spoilers/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, February 27, 2017 - 8:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
No way was Charo born after I was.. just saying. I'd say those records saying 1941 are closer than the other dates.

Charo was on some reality how.. was it Surreal World?? Anyway at that time she was somewhat annoying but won over the people and at least me in the audience (I think others as well)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, February 27, 2017 - 8:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, Surreal World.. it is listed in the Wikipedia link..

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, February 27, 2017 - 8:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
OMG
Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
they put Charo with Keo

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Monday, February 27, 2017 - 8:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Kym Johnson is returning as a pro this season.

Starr

07-09-2005

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 - 8:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Starr a private message Print Post    
Wow!! Charo's full name:
María del Rosario Pilar Martínez Molina Gutiérrez de los Perales Santa Ana Romanguera y de la Hinojosa Rasten

She was also on Wife Swap. Her sister is a lot like her, if i remember right.

Nancy Kerrigan has been performing on the ice and was a correspondent as recently as the 2014 Olympics. Just a few months ago, she and her family skated in the Musselman's Family Skating tribute. (It's a fun family show, all the favorites from the past skating with spouses and children of all ages - so cute!) But she's been all about her kids/family for the last 20+ yrs.

Sadly, even if she weren't doing DWTS, she'd be back in the news soon, since "Hollywood" is currently making a Tonya Harding movie.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 - 9:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Interesting cast so far. It's alway fun to see who rises to the top. Still enjoy the show after so many seasons.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 - 1:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I saw a headline that they offered Hillary and Michelle Obama spots on the show... both women turned them down... Not surprised in the least... neither have anything to gain being on the show. To me, it seemed like a step down for them. Former FLOTUS and Democratic Presidential nominee on the same stage as Nick The Bachelor... (just sayin')

Missyb

07-28-2004

Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 7:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
Sounds like half the cast has a pretty good dance background. And in all age groups. Should be interesting to see how they are judged.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 7:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Love the fact that David Ross is competing. First Baseball player to compete and before he played with the Cubs, he played with the Red Sox so I have to cheer for him. Looks like this could be a fun cast this season.

Jeep

10-17-2001

Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 7:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jeep a private message Print Post    
Good Morning America had the cast on their show this am.

Well, they've paired Heather Morris with Maks. Might as well give them the trophy now. I consider her a professional dancer. Don't see how that is fair.....oh well.

The bull rider is Bonner Bolton. He fell off one of the bulls and was paralyzed and made a miraculous recovery. Then he went on to model. Looks pretty good. He's paired with Sharna. I'm going to root for him and hope he has another miracle in his pocket.

Looking forward to this year!

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 9:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I'm excited to get to know them.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 9:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I wonder if Mr. T is still his old bombastic self?