TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 31, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Fashion Design/Modeling/Pageant Shows: Project Runway 15 and Project Runway Junior: Archive through January 31, 2017 users admin

Abby7

07-17-2002

Monday, January 09, 2017 - 2:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Abby7 a private message Print Post    
Granjan, ty.....but it was a typo I meant skirt (not shirt).

Flossiebebe

09-01-2005

Monday, January 09, 2017 - 9:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flossiebebe a private message Print Post    
About the Jessica Biel dress. On another site that dress was named one of the worst!! Guess it's all in the beholder, but I do agree with Roxip. Didn't like Sophie turner's dress either and that too was on both best and worst lists

Granjan

05-10-2011

Tuesday, January 10, 2017 - 1:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
Oh, sorry Abby.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, January 10, 2017 - 7:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
And Natalie Portman's vintage maternity dress had huge white sequins on the bottom and was that bilious yellow...if that's high fashion then I'm so glad I don't have to go there! (HA!)

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, January 10, 2017 - 7:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Trust me when I say as a photographer that the subjectivity of art can drive you crazy at times. But that's why it's art.

Roblover

05-17-2011

Thursday, January 12, 2017 - 11:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
So impressed by the juniors. IMO they are so much better than the adult contestants. I wonder if it is because they are younger they don't have those negative messages floating around in their heads that creative people tend to accumulate as years go by?

Does anyone, besides me, think the young man and woman who won the Avante Garde challenge look like brother and sister?

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, January 13, 2017 - 7:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I'm so distracted by Molly's overdone eyebrows that I can't really look at anything else but no, I really don't see any resemblance (but then again I haven't looked for any either - again, those eyebrows!).

I'm glad that Rene went home as opposed to the other girl (sorry, have gone blank on the names - I know one of the girl's names is Izzy and then there is the other dark-haired girl whose name is on the tip of my tongue - I know one of them was up for elimination because she made a boring dress and I think she has more potential than Rene, although I enjoyed what he created because it was interesting). Wasn't crazy about the winning jumpsuit (I think the judges just got tickled about her back story about ninjas and whatever!) and also thought the judges were kind of hypocritical on judging the whole "day to night" thing - there were many of those outfits that really weren't appropriate for daytime wear - if you think that daytime wear generally means something you would wear to work. Several of them had cropped tops - don't see that in many workplaces unless you are serving alcohol!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, January 13, 2017 - 10:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I must have not seen the latest.. the one I recorded and watched last night was the avant garde comp where the girl who wears head covering as a fashion statement (along with attetion grabbing piercing and often garish makeup) and the youngest guy, who is loved by the judges was her partner.. she was unhappy from jump, but he was eliminated, then saved by Tim Gunn. But I may have recorded later, so I will return after I watch.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, January 13, 2017 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Sea, that episode you posted about is two weeks old.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, January 13, 2017 - 12:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
That was last week's episode. And yes I'm still annoyed by the Tim Gunn save.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, January 13, 2017 - 5:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I knew Tim would do it..

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, January 13, 2017 - 6:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think it was Izzy who stayed over Rene.

I did watch it tonight.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, January 13, 2017 - 7:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I added a link above to the Project Runway Junior info...

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, January 13, 2017 - 8:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Thanks. I get Cartier and Izzy kind of mixed up.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, January 13, 2017 - 10:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/project-runway-junior/cast

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Saturday, January 14, 2017 - 7:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
Why do you say that Hawwaa wears her hijab as a fashion statement? She is Muslim and states she wears it as a symbol of her faith.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, January 14, 2017 - 9:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Because she said that it wasn't about faith.

My Muslim friends who cover their hair, arms, legs don't go for attention getting faces.. sort of contradicts the reason for covering, seems like.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 - 12:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
She stated that on the first show - when one of the other girls asked her whether she wore it for her faith she said that she wore it as a fashion statement.

Florin

08-27-2006

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 - 1:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Florin a private message Print Post    
Here is how much I am confused by Hawwaa. There are times when I think she could be male. He/she confuses me.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 - 1:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Oh thank you for saying that - I've thought the very same thing!

Flossiebebe

09-01-2005

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 - 5:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flossiebebe a private message Print Post    
Surprised to see Rene go as he had really been under the radar. His designs were very similar , but it was the first we'd heard that comment.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Friday, January 27, 2017 - 9:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I really didn't any of them did really well... Cartier was saved by Tim's suggestion... I wonder if a reason could be that they're still pretty young... not much of a reference as to what adult date night is like... Maybe is the challenge was teen date night... make the challenge more age-appropriate.

For the looks of next week... someone designs a dress with a very revealing top. I wonder how well these designers are sheilded from the nudity of the models trying on their clothes and such. In a regular season you see the models standing there without tops quite frequently... the images are blurred.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 12:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I don't know what Izzy was thinking - that dress was horrible. It wasn't flattering - it made that poor woman look very frumpy.

I loved that pink dress, but wasn't crazy about the pink. Thought it should have been another color. The woman in Cartier's dress felt and looked amazing - she sold that dress more than the dress itself!

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 3:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Agreed about the woman wearing Cartier's dress... she 1000% sold it!!

Is anyone watching the "Reacts to the Runway" 5-minute segment just prior to the new episode? It has Kelly Dempsey (really liked her, she was on a couple of seasons ago) and Alex and Laurence from the season that just ended... I really like their opinions and commentary of the previous episode and the looks created.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 4:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Cass cat, I watch the show on demand the next day. It's on to late at night for me. They don't have that part on demand. Dang.