TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 03, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Adventure: Hunted: Archive through February 03, 2017 users admin

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 10:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
LOL, Kappy. Me too.

And as for giving fake answers to security questions? Geez, sometimes I can't remember the real answers, happened to me just yesterday. So, I'd never be able to remember fake ones.

Carolinagirl

05-07-2011

Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 1:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carolinagirl a private message Print Post    
I know one of the couples who had not been shown yet from college. Let's just English and Stephen will be entertaining. They are the couple shown dragging their three daughters across a parking lot after being told they are on the run.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 2:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It's always cool when someone here knows people on a show!

I always think it's a good sign when there are a number of posts about a show and this one has quite a few posts.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 4:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
LOL Kappy! Cool Carolinagirl, did you help them on the run!??

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 9:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
You know, I would be all behind the hunts if these people were criminals (and yes, I KNOW they signed up for this!) but since these teams seem likeable and trying to win money, I just feel kind of sick at how much information can be dredged up on them.. like a burner phone being not a burner phone.

I swear they seem to get permission for stuff like that more quickly than they do in a real manhunt for a real criminal!

And the drones! Yikes.

Also so limiting in terms of the money they can get and that it instantly pinpoints where they are, yet the searchers seem to have unlimited resources (not totally but an awful lot of them).

And their gloating when they "win" and how much they want to take people down..

Sigh.

Still watching.

I also imagine people are watching and taking notes to help them avoid capture later when they may be on the run for real.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 9:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I"m still watching too. It does seem like the hunters have an unfair advantage.

If someone was really going on the run, they would clear out their bank account before they go, not in $100 increments as they go, that seems unfair.

The rest of it, I think is okay, except questioning children. In real life, I get it. In a tv show, I think it's inappropriate.

I do agree with your last point.. no burner phones when I go on the LAM. :-)

Oh, and if someone is driving me somewhere, EVERYONE's phone must be turned off!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 9:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I agree on the questioning of children..

Yeah.. phones off, no butt dialing!! And no tracing.

The one woman was smart in terms of collecting numbers from her phone to use on the burner phone, but I would think if she left her real phone at home, they'd just break in and take it.

I still think I might try to go to and work with homeless people in our area.. (some live in campgrounds, in cars or vans and there are areas of tents ..stay off phones and streets altogether if possible. Make my body unpingable, change clothing AFTER getting the money from the ATM, etc.

But I suppose I'd be caught before 28 days.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 10:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Haven't watched yet but I agree that the runners don't really have it fair.

As I said earlier, they should have been allowed to have a go bag ready to go, also, I have "earthquake" money stashed, so they should be able to have cash put aside so they don't have to use the atm's.

The first thing I think of for these people is don't use banks, phones, etc.

I agree with Seamonkey, the best plan would be to blend into the homeless and not contact one person from your life until you are done. It's only 28 days.

I imagine that these people are very social/extroverted (MO why the are on a TV show) so just can't go 30 days without getting in contact with their family/friends, but I that is just my supposition.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 10:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I think the no contact is right.

However, the two young men didn't contact anyone, and they were caught by the lure of the reward. Sure would like to know how much the reward was.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 12:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
If I recall right, I don't think it was even clear that they actually gave out a reward. It was pretty vague.

I was amazed at how willing people were to take those two guys in and help them. Either they had a way of knowing they were safe or they haven't seen too many horror movies. I was also fascinated by their technique. They rarely directly asked a person for help. Instead they asked the person if she had a friend who could help them. Very clever psychologically.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 12:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
The social media ad said "reward," and the women talked about how much it might be, one said it might be "a lot", but was talked out of calling. And then the sister called. So, it seems like a reward was offered and they speculated on the value and one woman decided to go for the money.

Whether she got it or not, or how much it was, we don't know.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 12:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
So if I'm a real criminal, I need to wait until I am MILES away from the ATM I used before I buy a burner phone. Lesson learned.

Another note to self, if I'm in a game and decide to blend in with the homeless, make sure there's a soup kitchen nearby so I don't have to call friends for food. Think of it as Survivor located in the US. You only have to be hungry for 25 days.

I would like to know more of the rules up front. Were they told to be at a specific place on day 25 or do they just have to not be caught in that time?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 1:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Kappy, good points. I think the only way to make it work is to become homeless, and dramatically change your looks so you can't be identified.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 2:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I don't think any of them have made much effort to change their appearance. That one couple bought cheap wigs but it only made them look silly and stand out more. You'd think that guy with the big beard would consider shaving it off but maybe he is too attached to it.

It will be even more interesting if this show has a second season. I suspect that next season's contestants will learn a lot from this season and play a much more savvy game much like Amazing Race contestants learned tricks from watching the early players.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 2:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Anyone else have a problem with how they found the 2 young guys in the marina area? It's hard to tell when it's fake vs just really bad editing.

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 2:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I dont understand how the Hunters can access things like security cameras, receipts from stores, ATM machines? Dont you have to be the police or something to be able to get those things?

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 2:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Jimmer said, "I was amazed at how willing people were to take those two guys in and help them. Either they had a way of knowing they were safe"

I think the camera clue kind of gave a hint that they weren't murderous criminals.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 2:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Good question Cablejockey. Heck, I was appalled when they went into the backyard of the friend's house, lol. I have this thing about private property . . .

Then again, I have been known to take fake reality shows way too seriously!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 3:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That's a good point, Willwillbe but I wonder how much of a crew is with them? The old "we're filming a movie or a TV show line" may work with some people but I'm not sure it's a good idea to even accept that one.

As far as the show being fake, they clearly state that parts of it are recreated. I guess when watching a show like this, the viewer has to accept that not everything they are showing is "real". It's more the concept that is interesting and we can hope that everything played out fairly in a manner similar to what is being shown on TV. Anyway, it's fun to watch.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 3:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Another thing I was going to mention is that they are all quite nice looking teams but their mugshots make them look pretty scary. Not exactly flattering.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 7:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The internet posters just said "may be" eligible for a reward..

And of course with a camera crew, it would be more difficult to blend in with the homeless... but if I could approach someone legally moving from camp to camp, I might be able to hide with the crew and offer that footage to help my helper in the end.. and some share of the $ million or more likely some help with getting housing.

And you have to hook up with someone who is homeless, between places to live, not part of the less stable group of homeless who suffer from mental illness and cannot or won't be treated..

At the Civic Center in Santa Ana, which groups city, county, state and federal courts and other entities like social security, there was a large group of homeless and they had self segregated in separate parts of the open area. Some were "relocated" for some project that would use part of that area (and people had been impacted.. employees, the public and superior court and federal juries.. as well as the county grand jury..

Anyway a big fear was that the homeless people who were a bit more temporary would be thrown in with some more dangerous folks.

There have been more beds added in several areas, including Santa Ana, in shelters, which is hopefully of some help.

Anyway noticed one of the runners in the last show speaking to a confessional cam of some sort which made me think some of the cams are not with crews.. but clearly some seem to be. They may have dash cams that they are required to run anytime they are in a vehicle.

So much we don't know!!

But as mentioned above.. a camera crew would actually attract some people to help!!

The few efforts to change looks have actually backfired, since they were used (wigs, hats) AT the ATM in front of cameras and the hunters have instant access.

I did think in real life the hunters would have to get court orders for some of what they are getting, but the teams may have signed away their rights.. I mean they had to allow the hunters into their homes!! In one case I saw a cat inside and cringed at the thought of people busting in and grabbing things.

Seems like a second season could be filming now or just prior to this season airing.. but that would require that they were given two seasons, I suppose.

Yep.. the mugshots are made to look grungy or scary..

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 10:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I call bs on the butt dial.

It is scary how easy those girls let to strange boys(good looking boys) into their home. They probably felt safe because of the camera crew and they probably said they were filming a show.

If I was a bad guy that would give me an idea on how I could get my next victim. Anyone can get big fancy looking video equipment and say they are filming a tv show. scary.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 10:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Sea, I am in that civic center for work. It has become so scary to walk into the building in the morning. The shelter they built at the old bus depo has brought even more people to the area. Our building is going to be re done over the next 5 yrs and they blocked off areas around our work so it pushed the hundreds of homeless closer to the court house. Now jury duty people are afraid to go. Its a very sad difficult situation

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 10:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I fear they are just giving the wrong people more ideas.

I know, Pamy.. I worry.. about the Civic Center.

Where do you guys park? I parked at various spots across Civic Center and at the end it was even paid for by CSC but it was a two or three story garage and being I was working with payroll and on call, I often was there late, or called in.. it was sometimes scary walking out to that garage. If I got called in, I would talk my way into that pit area which was by a loading dock. I'd tell the operators to meet me there to let me in (no cell phones, so we just had to time it).. and that was SO many years ago.. so much scarier now,.

And jury duty.. yeah.. you have to park down beyond the stadium and walk up.. at some times of day there are lots of jurors but even the last time I went there were definitely some of the homeless people around there too.

There are no winners in the situation.. public, jurors, employees, cops and certainly the homeless.

I've notices that with the rains, there are tents up above the canal areas near Talbert here in FV.. I think they are letting them camp where it is safe vs under the bridges..

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, February 03, 2017 - 10:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I had not considered the camera person when it comes to blending in the homeless ~ good point!

It would be interesting to have a reunion show for this one so the teams could tell us more about their experiences.