TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 28, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Adventure: Hunted: Archive through January 28, 2017 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, love the banner, truly looks like a bunch of suspicious characters, LOL. I had to tape it because I had a board meeting, can't wait to watch.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 12:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
We need to put red x's on the captured ones, like they do on the show:

Angela & Michele
Matt & Christina
Troy & Chele

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 12:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Normally I gray out eliminated contestants but doing it like the show does with the red x is a nice touch.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 1:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
No Last Chance Breakout.. Red X is final.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 6:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
I was surprised about the level of information the snail mail. Didn't know they photo every piece of mail.

No wonder USPS is going bankrupt.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 6:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Another prob with this show is it has already established a way to figure out who will go home each week, which eliminates all of the excitement of who will get caught.

people introduced the week before and are more featured in the ep we are watching are the ones that will go home. I knew the southerners were going to get caught in the first 3 mins of the show.

I also agree that David and Emiley will win.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 7:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
GREAT BANNER -Thank you Jimmer!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 8:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Off topic (sorry), but I wanted to clear up this misconception. The USPS is not bankrupt based on its activities. It's profitable.

The only reason they are in financial difficulty is because Congress passed a ridiculous law that says they must prefund their future pensions and health care liabilities. No other gov't entity is required to do so. That act was passed in 2006 under Bush because they wanted to use those funds to balance the budget.

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 9:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
The only reason they are in financial difficulty is because Congress passed a ridiculous law that says they must prefund their future pensions and health care liabilities. No other gov't entity is required to do so. That act was passed in 2006 under Bush because they wanted to use those funds to balance the budget.

YES, and the ridiculous part was they needed to prefund liabilities for 75 years - for people not even BORN YET!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, January 27, 2017 - 3:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I can't believe it, I taped the 2 hour show, and had it cued up to watch, got busy, didn't think a thing about it.

As I was on the bus to go downtown I realized I had just set my VCR to tape....OVER the show! I swear, somehow I am doomed to watch this show.

Guess I will try online.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, January 27, 2017 - 4:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Not fair to interview a kid!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, January 27, 2017 - 4:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok, this is a fun show, but some of these people certainly have not thought this thru. You only have to stay out for 28 days, you do not contact your kids.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, January 27, 2017 - 5:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I agree.. you do not HAVE to call.. if you have one key person then prepare to give THEM a burner phone when you get yourself burner phones.

Whoever it was leaving a cat behind.. wow.. I hope someone is caring for the cat.

And really. If they went om BB, survivor, etc they wouldn't be calling their kids.

And whoever has the kids should be instructed NOT to let anyone interview them.

Have code words set up like someone did.

And definitely get off the grid.

That reward thing.. and the surveillance camera.. well I know it is in the rules but it really pissed me off.

The show is ok but kind of leaves me angry.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, January 27, 2017 - 6:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It's interesting you say that because I've found it to be more fun than many reality shows. The couples all (so far) seem very nice and get along well. And the "Hunters" seem nice as well and just doing their job. There doesn't seem to be any malevolence. It all seems quite sporting and in good fun and entertainment. Plus quite educational about all the information that everyone has out there about themselves.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, January 27, 2017 - 6:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I think people on BB and Survivor *would* contact their families if they could. It eats at them. So if you make it voluntary, I think it would be difficult not to.

And didn't they say that they could trace the burner phones too, it just takes longer?

I'm learning a lot too. Like how easy it was for them to hack that Email account....

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, January 27, 2017 - 8:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Dipo, I also thought it was unfair to interview the kid.

There must be a rule they cant stay in one place more than x # of days.

That email hack seemed way to easy. Out of all of the security questions you can choose from, they guessed the question he used.
I purposely pick a security question and give it the wrong answer because I already figured out it would be super easy to find out my high school mascot, fav sports team, fav color, bff, bridesmaid, moms maiden name, etc

This show is good to key us in on ways cyber hackers could hack us though

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, January 27, 2017 - 8:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Pamy, maybe I am misunderstanding you, but I believe when you select security questions, and you are trying to recover a password, it ONLY presents you with the ones you answered. They didn't have to guess the question, just the answer.

Hate to admit it, but I have to do that often, so I'm pretty familiar. I forget a lot of my own passwords... LOL.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, January 27, 2017 - 8:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, love the Red X's! :-)

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, January 27, 2017 - 10:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
ahhhh Kar, I didnt think of that. I guess I was envisioning the set up process when they give you a bunch of choices

I suck at remembering them too! and I'm terrified to use one of those online password keepers

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, January 27, 2017 - 10:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Jimmer. the red Xs are perfect!!!! Thank you!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, January 27, 2017 - 11:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I am finishing off watching and I am very entertained, it is interesting to see how some of them fail and others seem to be good at hiding.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 12:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
It's interesting you say that because I've found it to be more fun than many reality shows. The couples all (so far) seem very nice and get along well. And the "Hunters" seem nice as well and just doing their job. There doesn't seem to be any malevolence. It all seems quite sporting and in good fun and entertainment. Plus quite educational about all the information that everyone has out there about themselves.

Exactly, Jimmer! We feel the same way. It's really interesting to see all the ways the hunters can get information on the people who are "running." And I don't see the hunters as being malevolent at all. They are just enjoying their jobs and of course they would feel a sense of triumph and satisfaction when they find someone. That's what they're out there to do.

I do find myself conflicted about who I should be rooting for: the hunters or the people on the run. I find myself switching sides the whole show!

And how mad do you think Troy was at stupid Ian coming after him on the ATV and tipping off the hunters, who were leaving!!!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 12:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think they said they had tracers on the phones of people they knew were associated with those they seek and then maybe they can get a location of the incoming calls from the burner phones and the numbers.

They can only go within I think four contiguous states and they know where they are starting from when they are told they are on the run.

Jimmer, we often have different preferences.. which is ok.

But I also like the couples.. just end up rooting for them and NOT for those chasing them.

If the couples were criminals I'd be on the other side.

I really like the big RED Xs

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 9:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, we often have different preferences.. which is ok.

Of course. That's one of the things that can make for a fun, interesting discussion.

Glad everyone likes the X's! :-)

I think email is one of the weakest links in online security. As people have mentioned, they encourage you to create a strong password and then have you answer password recovery questions where the answers would be easy to guess and figure out. I always create fake ridiculous answers that no one could figure out.

And your email is linked to so many other accounts. Once they have access to your email, they can use the forgotten password feature on other accounts to get them to send instructions to the hacked email to get access to the other accounts. It's a major weakness.

I love the way this show gets us thinking about this stuff.

Oh and as Babyjaxmom mentioned, they often panic and give themselves away at the end. David (the lawyer) and Emiley may do well because he has more experience but even he gets panicky.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 10:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
RED X's = Excellent!

I forget a lot of my own passwords... LOL.

I won't even bring up how long my file of passwords is and then the list is coded as well in case someone gets the file ~ And then I forget the codes I gave myself.

Sigh