TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 26, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Adventure: Hunted: Archive through January 26, 2017 users admin

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, January 23, 2017 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Karuuna, we did too. Hubby watches of lot of ID channel (he loves to see how they figure out who did it and how they catch them), so we were laughing at all the rookie mistakes. That engaged couple taking money out AT THE BUS STATION WHERE THEY WERE TAKING THE BUS, that was really stupid.

I think they must have rules that they're not allowed to prepare ahead of time. It might be that they don't even know they're on the show, until they're told, "You're on the run!" They did say they could only take out $100 at a time from the special account and that there's only a total of $500. Not enough to stay in a hotel or anything.

Pamy, a lot of people in police-type jobs get burnt out and retire or go to other fields. That's why there are so many "former" professionals on this show--and in real life. I'm always hearing about someone who's a "former cop," etc. It's a high stress life with a lot of office politics. Many don't last that long.

I thought this show was fun. Of course it's produced, cause it is a TV show, but hubby and I had fun discussing how we would have done things differently. We've only seen three teams so far. Perhaps some of the later ones will be smarter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, January 23, 2017 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
hahahaha, Babyjaxmom, I couldn't believe when I read they did that, so much a rookie mistake.

But I am sorry, they should have been able to pack/have ready a "go" bag. I have one and I am not planning to run off anywhere anytime soon (its for earthquakes, LOL). So makes no sense to me that they couldn't have some preparations.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, January 23, 2017 - 12:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hunted ‏@HuntedCBS · 1h1 hour ago
We are going LIVE with #Hunted Commanders Lenny DePaul & Theresa Payton on Facebook @ 2pm ET/11am PT https://www.facebook.com/HuntedCBS/

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, January 23, 2017 - 12:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I think they should be allowed to get money from friends, because that would be more realistic.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, January 23, 2017 - 12:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Well the couple took monet out at the bus IN COSTUME. So they could not even use that for a second.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, January 23, 2017 - 12:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yes, the smart thing might have been to take the costumes off for the money grab and then put them on?

And his wig was awful. I was thinking maybe they were planning on getting caught early, because that was sooooo bad.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, January 23, 2017 - 1:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wonder how they get paid, is it one of those you get a higher "bonus" the longer you stay like Survivor, or you just get the standard per week stipend.

New show on Wednesday.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, January 23, 2017 - 1:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I kept wondering why they didn't ask the bus driver to let them off before they got to the station. That's what I would have done if I'd been dumb enough to use an ATM at the bus station! Haven't they ever seen Jason Bourne? :-)

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, January 23, 2017 - 5:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I recorded this last night. Is it DVR-worthy or should I go ahead and delete without watching?

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, January 23, 2017 - 7:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Lexie, watch it and see what ya think. I didnt love it but I will still give it one more shot next week

It would be nice to know if they are allowed to get money from friends and if they can withdraw all 500 in 1 day in 100 increments at different atms

I agree that having the camera crew makes it super easy to spot these people.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Monday, January 23, 2017 - 8:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I would think the one fellow who realized withdrawing money near house was best would have done it all if allowed. The others didn't think it through.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, January 23, 2017 - 8:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Lexie, what Pamy said.. see what you think.

I still wish I knew the rules and restrictions.

Hmm another tactic would be to find a homeless person with a tent, or a woman sleeping in her car or an rv in a regional park and offer to give them a split of the prize if they helped you out. Might work and we certainly have tons of those people around locally.

The other day I noticed a line of tents up above one of our flood control canals and guessed that the cops were allowing them to camp there so as to avoice danger to them where they usually camp under bridges and such.

Just thinking that hooking up with someone already off the grid might possibly work.

That is why I thought of thru hikers, though they are pretty hooked up in terms of GPS and cell phones these days.

I just wonder why CBS went to so much trouble advertising this show and then the very first episode it was time delayed and while they showed the entire show, if you were recording it you would be out of luck unless you recorded part of the following show.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, January 23, 2017 - 10:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I've pretty much given up on Sunday evening CBS shows.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, January 23, 2017 - 10:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
DH and I just watched the first ep. We both rolled our eyes through the whole thing and thought it was a ridiculous show. It's off the series passes.

Starr

07-09-2005

Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 1:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Starr a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed it. It was fun seeing some make such dumb mistakes - like using the ATM *in* disguise or leaving the indentation of your plan on the calendar! The couple on the bus should've bought decoy tickets for anywhere, then not use the bus system for a few hours.

If there is a season two, people will have learned what not to do! Haha

I hope it doesn't backfire and actually teach criminals how not to get caught. Sheeesh!

I think the cameraman does make it harder. The couple in the trunk are going to be found at the checkpoint, when the federal agent shines a light in and sees a cameraman huddled on the backseat floor.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 1:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
Okay, I'm totally going to get money at the bus station and then go to the window and ask questions about the nearest big city so the person there recognizes me, then I'm going to head out like I'm taking the bus and keep on going, most likely in the opposite direction. I'm taking notes...

And, they had to know the general month because the girlfriend mapped it all out on paper, on a calendar. Who doesn't know to burn the whole pad when you're done? I seriously watch a few cop shows and know this, why didn't they study?

Love the show!!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 10:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Just a reminder that there is a new show tonight. This will be its regular timeslot. :-)

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 12:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
My paper is showing it as a two hour show, so be aware.

Roblover

05-17-2011

Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 8:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
At end of show there is a message that some of the scenes are recreated so guess cameramen are not with them all the time.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 8:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
well that is why I thought it seemed so fake last week.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 8:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, the banner is better than the show!! great job!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 11:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I thought the second night was a lot better. I do recognize the script and think the criminal lawyer is the 'selected' winner but we'll see.

I liked the couple that camped out near the swamp. I was hoping their friend would come up with an excuse to stop talking to the guys at the gate.

I thought Angela and Michele were doing great as well. I was yelling at the friend's neighbor to not let them set up a camera.

LOL, if these were real criminals, I would be all in with the hunters but because they're not, of course I want them to get away. I also don't like the attitude of the hunters congratulating themselves so much when they find them considering this is just a game. Ah, fake reality!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 8:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Thanks Pamy!

I've only watched the first episode so far but I'm finding it very entertaining. Interesting how much surveillance and information is available through modern technology and the way modern society works. We really are linked into technology.

Slightly off-topic but along the same line, I find it interesting how much some people are willing to put out there about themselves. Kind of like how some people will post pictures of their crazy drinking nights and then go apply for a job.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 9:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Heh, I"m taking notes. In case I ever need to go on the lam.

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 11:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I am too! Its interesting to see all the things you wouldnt ordinarily think of if you have to make a hasty getaway! And sometimes you may be on the run from dangerous people--not the authorities. I like watching this show but have no favorites.