TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 29, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Cooking Shows: Worst Cooks in America: Archive through October 29, 2015 users admin

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 - 5:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Have they finished picking the contestants? That to me is super boring!

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 - 7:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Yes... And 2 went home

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 - 9:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
The contestant picking was very short (maybe 5 min). They went straight to "cook us your signature dish with items found in your fridge and our pantry" - then they divided quickly into teams, got their first lesson and cook-off.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 - 3:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
TY, Kona! I have long thought the selection process drags on too long - perfect example - "The Taste!"

The judges there totally lost me!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, February 21, 2013 - 3:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Canadians - this starts March 3 on Food

Reader234

08-13-2000

Friday, February 22, 2013 - 4:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
I caught the rerun last night. It did move really fast! I thought that the worst cook, was picked first to go home - its one of those things... I do kind of feel sorry that the worst dont get the opportunity to learn - for instance, the older lady that went home, since she didnt get her sauce on the plate (as it burned) over the over-exuberant woman who lost a fingernail in her food!

I dont want to see that - I do want to see that worst cook lady learn something!

and it bugs me that they are the worst cooks, yet get no instruction on basic skills - like how to hold a knife, how to properly cut an onion, just watch the demo, then viola do it! no practice? I know I'm expecting way too much for a reality show!!

Marej

09-19-2002

Monday, December 08, 2014 - 12:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marej a private message Print Post    
New season begins Jan 4th at 8 central. Same time as Apprentice.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, January 27, 2015 - 5:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Anyone watching this?

Question: Why do some of the contestants have a streak of red ink (from a Sharpie?) on the their index finger?

I know they have a red team and a blue team, but I haven't noticed anyone with blue ink. However, I've seen some of them with red ink. (I didn't notice which team they were on.) At first I thought it was blood from a cut, but then later episodes I could see it better and it appears to be just a smear of red ink.

Image taken from TV screen with a digital camera:
red  finger1

The above finger belongs to the contestant pictured below (this time I paid attention and noticed it was a member of the red team):
cook
image from: http://blog.foodnetwork.com/fn-dish/tag/worst-cooks-in-america-exit-interview/

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, January 27, 2015 - 5:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I'm watching, but i didn't notice that. Are you sure it's red ink? Could it have been from one of the ingredients?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, January 27, 2015 - 6:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I don't think they used any red ingredients in this one. They used small red tomatoes, but tomatoes don't stain like that.

ETA - I saw it during the squid challenge...a very non-red dish.

A few eps back I know I saw it on at least two different people on the same show but I don't remember which people....I just remember that one was a woman and one was man. The woman may have been that blonde girl, but I'm really not sure. The time I saw two cooks with red fingers, both of them had the red streak on the outside of their right index finger, the side facing their thumb. This time the guy had it on the top of his left index finger.

I only noticed one person with it in this week's episode.

I tried googling it, but since the teams are named "red team" and "blue team", all my results just refer to something regarding the Red Team.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, January 27, 2015 - 6:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Aha!

I went googling again and found the answer!

One-on-One with the Latest Recruit Eliminated from the Red Team — Worst Cooks in America
by Joseph Erdos in Shows, January 11th, 2015

[5th paragraph down]

You seemed really excited to be chosen by Anne. What was it like being coached by her?
I was very intimidated by her at first. I didn’t know if she was going to yell at me or not. But when I met her, she gave me the biggest hug and I loved her from then on. I loved watching her demonstrate how to cook the dishes. She is so funny and matter-of-fact. She always let me know when I was doing something wrong. Whenever I held the knife wrong she would come up behind me and mark my finger with a colored marker. I would love her to coach me more. She is a great chef!

Read more at: http://blog.foodnetwork.com/fn-dish/2015/01/susie-babin-worst-cooks-in-america-exit-interview/?oc=linkback}

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, January 27, 2015 - 6:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
well that explains it. good find!

Landileigh

07-28-2002

Wednesday, January 28, 2015 - 1:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Landileigh a private message Print Post    
it's a trick to teach yourself if you see it to not use your finger over the top of the knife (like a pointer)

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, September 26, 2015 - 4:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
What the heck happened to Barry Williams??? He used to be so cute. I hate that he's so old . . . cause that means I am, too!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, September 26, 2015 - 4:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
LOL, BabyJax - no kidding. I feel your pain.

ON the brighter side, this show was a hoot. Laughed all the way through it. I'm liking the all-celebrity version.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, September 26, 2015 - 5:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Have never watched this show before, but I enjoyed it. I was thinking about what I would cook if I were in their shoes. (My hubby does most of the cooking in our house, but I have a few specialties.)

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, October 09, 2015 - 4:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
So glad Chris Soules is gone. I'm so over him. And come on. "Canker Sore Salad?!" Ewwwww. Disgusting. He really does seem clueless.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, October 09, 2015 - 5:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I thought he was funny, but they overdid the handsomeness gigs. Enough already.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Friday, October 09, 2015 - 7:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
I haven't giggled so much watching a cooking show. 😊😀😊😀😊😀

Seeker

09-02-2005

Friday, October 09, 2015 - 10:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seeker a private message Print Post    
I spent the whole time wondering who would see him as good looking. Glad to see him go along with the sparkles.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Saturday, October 10, 2015 - 7:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Glad he's gone - he reminded me of my freshmen HS students thinking they're all adorable and really just highlighting their immaturity and lack of....um....brains? common sense? Not even sure what, but still, not an attitude I hope to see in grown men.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, October 15, 2015 - 4:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I'm actually enjoying this show a lot more than I thought I would. It's interesting seeing how you make certain dishes. I'm putting myself in their place in my imagination and wondering if I'd be able to recreate those dishes.

I was really surprised Ellen didn't go home. She's kind of a space cadet and I don't find her entertaining. The airhead act (or maybe it's not an act) is getting old. I'm surprised they didn't say something about all the vermouth (or "verboot" as she called it) she put in that sauce. Ugh!

I liked Barry and was sorry to see him go.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Thursday, October 15, 2015 - 7:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
I enjoy it too - and I agree, Ellen was really spacey - and next to Kendra, I guess she was going for comic relief?

I can not imagine making homemade pasta, so it always interests me to see anyone making it in the competition shows I watch - Barry's pasta was just funny! and I loved that they showed Barry and Jawow eating their dishes (and I wondered if they do that!)

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 2:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I recorded this, but Anne Burrell lost me when she forced Jenni to make lobster. I'm with Jenni. I'll eat lobster, but putting a live creature into a pot of boiling water would make me cry, too. I know I'm being hypocritical, but not only don't I not want to do it, but I don't want to watch someone else do it either. Dunzo.

Granjan

05-10-2011

Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 8:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
Anne let Jenni change lobster for crab meat.