TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 15, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Talent/Variety Shows: America's Got Talent: ARCHIVES: Archive through September 15, 2016 users admin

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Wednesday, September 14, 2016 - 10:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the link, Roteach.

That was simply hilarious! The guy's great. :-)

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, September 14, 2016 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I feel happy that 2 out of 3 of may favs made it to final! Tapeface and Sal Valentinetti. When Sal sings, it's almost impossible not to smile.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, September 14, 2016 - 1:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Tape Face is my fav.

The judges didn't choose him but hopefully all are wrong.

http://parade.com/507844/paulettecohn/americas-got-talent-the-judges-reveal-their-picks-to-win-the-competition/

I won't even get to watch since I'll be watching BB and Masterchef.

I guess I could record the last hour if I remember.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, September 14, 2016 - 5:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
My guesses who won't -- but I could be wrong.

Sal
Victor Kee
Sofie Dossi
Dorenbos (his magic is OK, but his showmanship doesn't do much for me)

Rvon

12-11-2003

Wednesday, September 14, 2016 - 5:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
Color, who do you think will win then? Sal was my favorite, but I don't think he will win. I also don't think the Opera girl will win either.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, September 14, 2016 - 7:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
After the fact now. Thought Tape Face might. Loved his show tonight. Thought Brian Justin Crum might. Last night Laura Bretan's singing did give me goosebumps. Maybe Clairvoyants? Maybe Linkin' Bridge? Then there's the somewhat obvious -- Grace. Yep.

Victor Kee never did anything for me. His "costume" was appropriate, but I didn't like it. He dropped ball(s) in every act? At some point, one of the judges said no one could make mistakes after getting into live shows. Hmmmm.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, September 14, 2016 - 7:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
so who won? my dog started barking and i had to let her in.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, September 14, 2016 - 7:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
la la la la

la la la la

Grace Vanderwaal won. I had an inkling she might when I found out this week how famous she is online with all the teen and tween girls. And they are diehard voters.

The Clairvoyants were second.

Tape Face was 10th :-(

Sal was 5th.

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Wednesday, September 14, 2016 - 7:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
I doubt all those tweens are going to be going to Vegas to see her.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, September 14, 2016 - 7:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I had a feeling quirky girl would win.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, September 14, 2016 - 7:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I like her and with good management she could do very well.

In Vegas? Not sure.

Sad for Tape Face

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, September 14, 2016 - 8:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I thought Jon was rather boring on the last show so I was surprised he made it to third but I'll chalk it up to America loving football and finding him inspirational. The judges loved it too so maybe I missed something. I agree with Sea, I'm not so sure Grace and Vegas go together. The Clairvoyants would have been perfect Imo.

On Victor, I found him so lovely to watch, graceful, and it was such a complete performance that I didn't really care when he dropped a ball. It think it happened in two of his appearances.

It was a great season. I absolutely love magic so I was happy with all the magic acts.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, September 14, 2016 - 8:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Grace is a perfectly lovely young lady that is very talented.

But I feel like she is something I have see 50 times on the singing shows. And I always fall for it because I like those quirky singers, and they always lose. So I pretty much tuned her out after her second performance.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, September 14, 2016 - 8:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
PS Grace is not my cuppa tea, I could barely understand what she was singing half the time and my hearing is not a problem. I thought Stevie sounded pretty awful too.

One last thing it was an incredibly bloated show, an hour would have been enough, I think I ffd thru about 90 mins of it.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Wednesday, September 14, 2016 - 11:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Although I am a fan of Grace, I can't see her doing a Vegas show. It will be interesting to watch her future development with her song writing/singing talent.

I think we'll see The Clairvoyants in a Vegas show.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, September 14, 2016 - 11:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I was surprised Grace didn't sing with Stevie, it seemed like they'd been paired up and something didn't work, so they did them separately. I like her a lot but I also couldn't understand what she was singing today.

I can't understand how the clairvoyants were second. Or the magician third. Both seemed the same as any other version of their particular act.

The nice looking singer who cried in the past (actually maybe that doesn't narrow it down much) seemed really shocked he didn't win - put me off him a bit, made me feel perhaps it was all an act.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Thursday, September 15, 2016 - 12:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Thanks Naja for providing the likely source of Grace's victory (tweets & teens) because I was absolutely horrified when Nick announced her as the winner. This is similar to Lady Gaga "winning" a Golden Globe earlier this year for "American Horror Story" - 100% mystifying.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Thursday, September 15, 2016 - 7:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
I have read on Broadwayworld.com's fan boards that Brian Justin Crum has had a career on (and maybe off) Broadway so I don't know if I buy his story about driving cabs wanting a break unless he wanted to get a break as a pop singer. Hope he does go back to Broadway as he certainly has the voice for it.

Nessietessie

02-03-2007

Thursday, September 15, 2016 - 7:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nessietessie a private message Print Post    
Brian Crum face when he was 4th was priceless. He was so full of himself and knew he was going to win. I loved his voice but when I saw his face, I was glad he did not win. Grace is not appropriate for a Vegas show. She is different, however, I could never understand a word she was singing. She does not pronounce the words. Sal was better, and you can understand his words when he sings. I would pay to go see the Clarvoients, we were hoping they would be the winners.

Connies

03-11-2010

Thursday, September 15, 2016 - 8:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Connies a private message Print Post    
I would not want my 12 year old thrust into that life no matter how talented she is, not after witnessing what happens to so many of our young stars.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, September 15, 2016 - 8:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think they looked after Janet Evancho when she won a few years ago, so they probably have good ideas for Grace to help her but not harm her.

Brian2204

09-14-2004

Thursday, September 15, 2016 - 9:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brian2204 a private message Print Post    
And what was with that turban on Nick's head??? Oh my goodness...it was totally giving me Pheobe Tyler from 1970's All My Children !!!! LOL

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Thursday, September 15, 2016 - 9:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
Hmmmm, sorry to see neither Sal nor Tape Face won.

I am probably in the minority but I don't think they should allow children to compete with adults.

Make a junior version of it. Needless to say, I wasn't a fan of Grace.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Thursday, September 15, 2016 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Brian, I agree that Phoebe Tyler had to have provided inspiration, but when I woke up this morning, it finally hit me who Nick was more than likely channeling...another diva, but from the '80s:

https://twitter.com/munoz_ric/status/776467417752973313

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, September 15, 2016 - 12:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Oh I agree Rupert, no children. But I also think since singers win so much, no singers either.