TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Stranded with a Million Bucks - MTV n...

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Adventure: Stranded with a Million Bucks - MTV new show users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through March 10, 2017Seamonkey25 03-10-17  7:03 pm
Archive through April 05, 2017Sadiesmom25 04-05-17  1:14 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, April 05, 2017 - 2:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Seriously how can you not hate this puffed up pretend good guy.

I don't hate him. I think he is just doing the same as Cody and Makani. I don't see any of them as any different.

How can you not hate someone who takes away someone's only source of water?

From the beginning Cody tried to drive people out.

The only difference is that Cody didn't have the numbers because no one liked him.

Now that the numbers are even, he's behaving just the same, withholding sustenance, as Alex.

So, how is one better and one worse? Do we seriously think Cody would have done differently if he had been in power the whole time?

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, April 05, 2017 - 4:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
yes I do. I think he would have admitted to being evil, not try and paint himself as a saint above it all while rewriting history, I think he would own his evil. I don't think Makani would even bother or care, there is an essay. Cody is willing to throw anyone under the bus, but then admits it to the camera.
I think the glampers will continue to make useless trouble because they can until they are gone.

Alex has a column where he represents his side of the story in his column he lies. He tries to present himself as a better person, one who never did anything against other players, Claims he was just an observer, not a participant in bullying, and harassment of the non-glampers. That is a lie. Tries to present himself as the moral high ground, that is fine if it were true, it is not. His petty lying is not a good game plan, if you are not a good liar, don't bother. He is a plotter like Cody, but his plots do not lead to progress.

Makani had an essay on Reality blurred, not sure it was written by her or dictated, all she says is she loves the earth and misses the island because it was beautiful. Just a quick comment of each of the players and I can't say she is off on her comment. I see her as a paw that can't be played by anyone but Cody at this point.

Gina is a self described party girl but complains less than Alex if she can't carry anything or swim or walk too fast, ha ha . But she is not considering quitting, so you have to give her that.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, April 05, 2017 - 5:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Well, I haven't seen anyone's columns or blogs, and I don't have the time to go hunt them down. Feel free to post links, but unless I read them I can't comment on them.

But I still don't hate anyone. :-)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, April 05, 2017 - 8:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I don't hate anyone, though if I was at the mercy of Cody and crew, I suspect I would slip to that level!

Biggest difference was when Gina was foundering in the water.. this week, Alex was no where to be found trying to help her, but Cody was and the flashbacks showed Eilish, not Alex, helping his ally.

Yep, Alex took most of the stolen peanut butter while Gina was the lookout but she took the rest and even stole a carrot.. which I doubt she even ate..

Let's just say I think they are working hard to make themselves look bad.. or they figure if they are truly outrageous it will get them other MTV gigs.

My recording cut off the previews since MTV is one of those channels where they think you just stay tuned for show after show so they cannot be bothered to start and end their shows at a regular time OR officially list the actual time for the cable companies, thus they foil a DVR..

But I had seen part of the preview of the "good people" ripping up money and burning money.

So entitled.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, April 05, 2017 - 8:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I've been following this blog and enjoying it. Snarkier than I could be here, of course..

http://tamaratattles.com/2017/04/05/stranded-with-a-million-dollars-lines-in-the-sand/

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, April 05, 2017 - 9:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
That isn't one of the blogs people mentioned. I haven't seen those, either, though I've seen referrals in comments. Tamara does NOT want any spoilers.. I gether people keep sending them to her.. I keep thinking.. send them to ME!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, April 06, 2017 - 8:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
which I doubt she even ate.

I believe I heard her say it was the best thing she ever ate?

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, April 06, 2017 - 2:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
OK backpackers review is up and the most important part of it is the weight people carry on their trek.
First you must remember the smallest of them is Makani, the largest is Cody.
Alex: Backpack of Money = 25 lbs. (~15% of bodyweight*)

Gina: Pot + Tent = 14 lbs. (~9% of bodyweight)

Makani: Tent + Flare Case = 27 lbs. (~19% of bodyweight)

Cody: Duffle of Money = 45 lbs. (~22% of bodyweight)

Week 7
So once again, Alex is carrying less that Makani who he famously complained she did not carry enough when she was carrying exactly what he was - a tent.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, April 06, 2017 - 8:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
They show the weights on the screen each time they have to move.

But not the % of body weight.. interesting too.

The pot is the most awkward thing to carry.. for sure. At least this week Gina tied it over a shoulter.

But I guess if they burn the fake money they will carry less?

Well I'm glad the carrot wasn't wasted. I'm sure Gina would have relished a turd if thought it was hurting those she considers evil.

I think I'll go eat some of my carrots now.

Kathyb

05-17-2006

Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 1:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kathyb a private message Print Post    
Awful people. I wish none of them could win.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 4:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Well, people can hate on Gina and Alex all they want, but they've never tried to kill anyone by either withholding water, withholding clean water or pooping in someone else's water.

That is evil.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 7:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
yes they did at the very beginning when the 4 campers formed. They denied food to the others and only allowed them to order food when they carried so much of the weight.
they refused to buy another tent and would not let anyone one else use theirs. Until they had to spend one night in the rain, then it was another story.
they would not let others use the pot originally.
If you read Alex's summaries you will never see it, he was a saint and fought with the others to feed them, cough cough, I will look back and see if I can find a summary explaining it. But yes they wanted to starve others out and it is not like they will die of starvation or thirst.
they are being watched all the time and shows can be sued. I am pretty sure the drone dyed the water after the poop was dropped, a little poop in the water does not turn the water green, so probably production warning people away from drinking it.

thank goodness Tuesday is the last show, it is getting disgusting. I would be happy if the four make it and the deduct the money burnt from those who burnt it.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, April 21, 2017 - 12:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
When Gina and Alex were in the majority they actually did try.. by denying most food that was bought with mutual money, by stealing peanut butter and denying access to the only tent, also refusing to just let them by a tarp. This was when the weather was the most brutal.

And also from the start, refusing to take a fair share of the load whilst moving locations.. which apparently has persisted to the end.

I missed the show this week.. my DVR just didn't record it.. yet the DVR is promising to record the last show twice. But I did read tamaratattles blog.. so I got the gist of things.

Also I gather that Alex stole the tinder but that they are not allowed to mess with belongings while others are at a temptation. I had wondered about that.

I also would love to have the burnt money deleted from just those who burned it but I don't see that happening. One person can lose a lot of money for everyone left as I gather on this show they didn't even get the last $100,000.

Did they poop in the water container? or at the top of the stream? Always best to get your water upstream and not in a pool at the bottom. Pooping in the pool isn't nice, but then neither is stealing what little the two who had been denied food had left.

For one thing you can count on any wild animals to poop and pee in or near the water too.. and they aren't being evil, just pooping and peeing.

But no, I don't endorse the peeing and pooping behavior.

However, I don't find Cody to be such a great guy either.. he just came out being stronger but not nicer.

Well actually there were two times he kept Gina from floundering and drowning at sea, so that was better than her "friend" Alex who didn't help a bit.

This show certainly turned out uglier than I would have predicted.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, April 21, 2017 - 12:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And I gather that Gina and Alex refused to carry much.. so the flares are gone and the telephone so nothing can be ordered and they cannot use the phone to call a medic (but the drones are watching) and of course that lost them $100K ir $25K each. Such role model behavior for a mom.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, April 21, 2017 - 7:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Sea, if you had witnessed the joy expressed by Code and Makani over the idea that Gina and Alex would get sick and maybe even DIE, you might change your mind.

Did the majority withhold food from Cody and Makani, sure. But they never did anything close to being this bad to them. Never.

The move that Alex and Gina have made about not carrying and burning money were fair, considering they don't get food or water. They offered a trade, MaCody refused, so no deal.

To me, that's game play.

But withholding water, and hoping someone will DIE, not so much.

Chitchat58

07-25-2008

Friday, April 21, 2017 - 10:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chitchat58 a private message Print Post    
I agree Karuuuna. Cody taking so much pleasure in crapping in the water and hoping someone dies from it is pathetic beyond belief.

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Saturday, April 22, 2017 - 8:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
Sea I agree with you 100%. You can add that they also withheld water from Makody - they would not let them use the pot to boil their water. They had to drink it straight from the water source. They could have become ill as well.

This went on until Makody seized the pot.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, April 22, 2017 - 8:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
They bought MaCody a tent. They let them choose whatever food they wanted to buy (they chose peanut butter and carrots).

Sorry, but gleefully hoping someone will DIE is far beyond game play. And let's not forget her previously hoping that appendicitis and gastroenteritis was contagious as well - wishing them all dead.

I don't remember them keeping the pot to themselves. I do remember Makani stealing the pot with food in it, that was episode 3, so they had the pot early on.

Disgusting.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, April 22, 2017 - 12:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
they did not buy McCOdy a tent. they bought themselves a tent when Makani sat in the one they kept for themselves. They let cody buy peanut butter, but nothing for Makani who they decide they could drive out, until the second big waste buy then they tried to lure them into the big money spend and told them they could buy what they wanted which was rice, that they are still eating, peanut butter and carrots. Seriously there are no good guys in this show it is pure lord of the flies. power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.
but it is almost over. and Alex will keep telling you he was a saint long afterwards, yes, the complete lack of awareness is what makes the campers a smidge worse for me.

to me the videos where they say something about hoping people will die is like Becca losing her temper, it is something in the moment. I so much prefer the Amazing race where there are some lost tempers, but there is a lot of good and appreciation for the land and people and adventure as well.

Does anyone know how the talking heads on this show is done? to the drone or to a camera staff?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, April 22, 2017 - 12:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
You are right about the tent. MaCody stole theirs, so they bought another.

But they did buy both of them food.

And they have wished death or illness on Alex and Gina numerous times, not just once, in addition to purposefully trying to make them ill.

I think the "campers' as you call them were playing the game. I think MaCody crossed a line from game play into true malicious behavior.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, April 22, 2017 - 12:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
They bought the second tent for themselves, after Makani planted herself in "their" tent.. which was bought with money belonging to all of them. They didn't buy Makody a tent..

If Cody actually wanted someone to die, Gina would have likely done that in the ocean. Her good buddy Alex, he of the deluded mind and super white pizza eating teeth, was just letting her flounder and not helping at all.

The drones are there all the time, so if anyone was sick, they would have medics sent in.

The pot was a voted on buy, though it seems it was the campers who insisted on such a large pot.

Since this is MTV, I suspect the producers are thrilled with the ugliness..And I agree, it is really ugly.

Hard to see quality shows cancelled and even think of a second of this.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, April 22, 2017 - 1:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Alex wasn't helping because he was barely making it himself. Cody had to help because he was the only one strong enough to do so.

Whether the medics came in or not, e coli can still kill you, and even if you get medical treatment early. In this case, they would likely have delayed treatment as long as possible, wanting to stay in the game. And both Cody and Makani *purposefully* tried to make Alex and Gina ill that way.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Wednesday, April 26, 2017 - 12:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Well I was close to my estimates- I had 5 people splitting $550,000, it ended up being 4 people splitting $497,670....Though a lot of people are wondering how the last temptation would have worked if one had taken it (Alex and Gina were given the option of one of them taking $150,000 and leaving right then- they wouldn't have had to do the last two days plus it would have been $25K more than they ended up getting, but both declined)- it wasn't made clear if the money would have come out of the $497,670- which meant the other three would have lost about $10K each- or if the other three would have split the original $497,970- in which case they would have gained about $40K each and gotten $15K more than the money that was offered...

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, April 27, 2017 - 10:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
If the $150000 came out of the lot and one of them took it, the other night have quit, leaving more for the final two. Who knows?

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, April 29, 2017 - 12:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Makani stole THE tent not THEIR tent. it was bought with a portion of her share of the money as well as theirs. Just saying just because you had the group order it, it did not belong to any one person and they refused to order another one or share because the campers/good people were controlling the game.
I thought it was interesting reading how Alonzo - one of the "good" people - wanted to drag Makani out of the tent by her hair and production had to step in and stop him. YOu could take things on the ground, but you could not physically take anything from any person that had possession at the time. Much like you could take food or articles not being used from anyone not using it as long as they were not at a temptation or on a challenge.
going to find the production article.
they are casting for the nest season now.
How Stranded with a Million Dollars was produced
It doesn't say it here, but I am pretty sure I heard Alex say the water changed color so he did not drink it. I think production may have dyed the water.
Taking the pot away—the one used to boil drinking water—from Alex and Gina wasn’t a life or death situation, Lee told me. “We felt that worst case scenario Alex and Gina could drink coconuts if they were really in a bind. Nobody wants to do that because it’s a lot of work, and you could potentially even get sick from the coconuts if you have too many,” he said.

However, Cody’s pooping strategy did require some intervention.

“When Cody shit in the water, it created a big moral dilemma for us. We didn’t want to interfere in the game, but on the other hand, it was important to us that people remain safe,” Lee said. “So we did did everything on our end that we could to make sure that they were safe without interfering in the game. That was a difficult day or two or there, and a lot of ethical debates going on.”

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, April 29, 2017 - 1:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Sadies, by that logic, then Alex didn't steal Makani's peanut butter either. Can't have it both ways, right?

I thought the "Lord of the flies" description was appropriate. It's a shame, the show had promise but the structure does encourage hateful behavior.

I personally think it was a bigger victory for Alex and Gina... in spite of dehydration and far less food than the other pair, they still persevered and made it to the end.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, April 29, 2017 - 1:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
no he didn't but if you accuse one you have to accuse the other. Alex can't be a good guy and Makani evil if you describe it that way but onthe other hand, she openly claimed the tent while the others did it in a sneaky fashion and did not own up to what they did, if they wanted to take the food, all they had to do was go and take it and not hide it. You either own your behavior or you don't.
I don't plan to watch this again, I feel they have not fully thought out the game and are playing it by ear too much.
As for who had a victory, I don't think it was Alex, maybe everyone but Alex. He is still justifying his behavior and seeing himself as a hero, the lack of self awareness and sensitivity to criticism will not serve him well if he wants to work in the media. Of course, I read too many after show interviews, so it colors my perception. I need to get a life,. actually I have to start leading it, time to go to the garden store. Did I tell you guys my tree is being investigated as the oldest tree in town? 550 years. I will probably have a ceremony in my backyard and need to work on it. wish they would help pay for the tree, my every 5 year bill is now 2K for trimming and feeding.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, April 29, 2017 - 1:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I've read Alex's blog and don't see him that way at all. He's already been working in the media, did so before he went on the game. I think his comments are tempered and fair.

I won't acknowledge a difference in how items were taken if it can't be acknowledged that trying to give someone e coli and wishing appendicitis or death on them is far worse than anything the Alex group did. :-)

As for your tree, good luck with that!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: