TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 01, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Talent/Variety Shows: Inkmasters: Archive through June 01, 2016 users admin

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, July 02, 2015 - 5:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Just adding this thread, although I must say I think the quality of tattoos so far on this season are consistently the best on the early part of the season of any of the shows I have watched in the past. Very few questionable tattoos.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, July 02, 2015 - 9:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
also the fighting is the least. I thought how nice to see one contestant fight for his mentor as hard as John did, instead of throwing him under the bus.

I still think they all look freaky with their piercings, and some of their tattoos, but it is like watching the real skin wars.

Never would have any of that done to me, still interesting to see the clients with the bad tattoos react, was glad that the one guy liked his bad tattoo, the girl with the skull was screwed though, I wonder if they give the most disgruntled free tattoo repair.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, July 02, 2015 - 9:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I've always wondered that...and if they put fangs on that darned snake!

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Thursday, July 02, 2015 - 1:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I feel sorry for some of the 'canvasses' and what they are stuck with! Are most tattoo givers so emotional and defencesive as most of the contestants on this show seem to be?
I find I dont agree with the judges a lot of the time. This show is never dull!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, July 02, 2015 - 1:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I'm glad I saw this. For reason I didn't think it started until next week. Next week I can record all three. So thank you!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, July 02, 2015 - 2:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I think it is way easier to add things or to fix lighter colored tattoos, but a mostly black one is pretty hard to fix. I think the guy with the snake and guitar can get his fixed pretty easily, but that knife and skull was just so bad and to think he did it because he was pissed with the task makes it worse.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, July 15, 2015 - 9:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
the ego on "St" Marq is astounding. I'm glad he lost out to Ceeze. Everytime I look at Tyler it's one of those things I don't like but can't look away from. Those ear plugs! And neck tattoos, I don't get them. Full neck tattoos do really weird things to how proportions look imo.

OMG to the sphinx that one guy got with the (lol) 80 year old lion body.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, July 15, 2015 - 11:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I swear it looked like it was wearing a suit,I think I eve saw the tie.

Oddly enough I thought there was some constructive criticism this time. When I look at these tattoos, I only think about what is fixable, lack of detail in the snakes face, fixable, lion sphinx wearing a black suit, lost cause.

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Wednesday, August 12, 2015 - 5:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
Was so glad to see St Marq go last night. That man's ego wrote checks his abilities couldn't cash. The only person I've ever been happier to go was Josh Hibbard, yet another one with a huge ego problem. IMO NOW the game is on!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, August 12, 2015 - 6:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Although I personally liked Josh Hibbard I agree with you about St. Marq. He was annoying to listen to.

Although I must say Chris got on my last nerve last night. He was close to bullying that girl in my opinion.

I honestly liked the snake tattoo more than I liked the crocodile tattoo. I didn't think it read crocodile.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, August 14, 2015 - 6:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Count me in as thrilled to see St Marq leave. While I do see the judges point that he is more talented than some, all his tattoos had that sameness and he was not in the guidelines of the challenges imo. Is that not how Craig ended up sent home the first time, not meeting a challenge? Because he was head and shoulders above some of that seasons competition.

I also agree about Chris. I think he would have sat on that girl given the opportunity.

There are some very quiet contestants this year, people I forget are there, like Dave. Yes thank goodness there all not Marqs but he really fades in to the background. I think Eric is a quiet front runner.

The crocodile did look like pebbles but they are supposed to be camouflaged aren't they? It was a toss up for me who should have won. I hate the team challenges.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, August 14, 2015 - 7:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I like Eric a lot. Dave is also growing on me because I think he has such a kind and decent heart. I hope both of them go far. I think the young guy (the one with way too many tattoos on his face and heck) has great potential but he tends to let his mouth run before his good sense a lot of times.

If you want a well done black and grey tattoo I think St. Marq would be a good option...but that seemed to be all he was able to accomplish.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, August 14, 2015 - 9:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Yes Dave seems like a good soul but I do forget he's there. You are too right, Tyler I think his name is has overdone it, I hate those neck tattoos. He seems very good natured for the most part and caring. Looks like there is something brewing with him and Marissa. I don't think a woman will pull off a win this year.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, August 14, 2015 - 9:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I simply don't think the women are strong enough this year. I think the blonde has great potential but she is over-confident and quite honestly at least two or three of the men are better than she is, including her own mentor. Marissa doesn't seem like her is mature enough in her craft and if there is another woman on there she doesn't come to mind right now.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, August 19, 2015 - 1:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
women not strong indeed, I wonder about this show and how the woman have to act/look/behave to get on.
I also wonder about the mentors that seemed determined to take out their own mentees.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, August 19, 2015 - 1:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Who do you mean Sadiesmon? I don't see that with the mentors.

I'm not surprised Ceez went home, he was his own worst enemy in this format. He kept whinging that it wasn't his style. Can't be a master if you can only master one style. I thought the trash polka was interesting, I've never seen it before.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, August 19, 2015 - 1:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I never heard of trash polka either, found it weird and not defined well in the challenge. There have been a couple of asides by some mentors about when I take out mmmmm after I get rid of. Just quick little references.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, August 19, 2015 - 2:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I think that a few of the mentors (Eric for instance) are determined to take their apprentice as far as possible. For one thing it will make them look good to have groomed a successful apprentice. For another they all think they are better than their apprentice. Chris wants to drag Tyler along and also Dave because he believes he can beat either one of them.

I didn't care for trash polka. I like a much cleaner type of tattoo.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, September 22, 2015 - 8:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
from top to bottom in one fell swoop.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, September 23, 2015 - 6:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Yep, hoisted on his own petard. And I was kind of feeling sorry for him when he was "I didn't graduate from high school, this is all I have." I think I would have liked him much better except that he fed off of Chris's out of control egotism and it tainted his work for me. I suspect in a few years he will be one of the top in his field...but if he continues being around Chris he will be totally unlikeable.

Erniesgirl

06-26-2006

Wednesday, April 06, 2016 - 10:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Erniesgirl a private message Print Post    
I just needed to bump this up, I'm enjoying the new season of this and having Ink Master Redemption right afterwards is a bonus. As an added treat, we got to see St. Marq booted off last week.

Val

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, April 06, 2016 - 11:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Very strange show last night, the read headed woman was pretty down and then she won. all told very strange conversation. I think the trash talk may get her down.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, April 07, 2016 - 7:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Erniesgirl - best moment of the show so far!

Sarah's challenge certainly threw them all except Megan Jean. She is really good with the women's faces.

Lots of huffing and puffing in the house. I had to laugh at how Alex still thought he did a great tattoo. It really was horrible.

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Thursday, April 07, 2016 - 8:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Poor Megan Jean seems only to be there to moon over Kleen! Glad she won the last challenge as she seems to harshly critiqued by a couple of the judges a lot! Silly Sara got to pick the challenge and couldnt do well in it!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, June 01, 2016 - 8:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I think that Kleen got robbed once again. He lost his first season because he didn't do the exact style of tattoo the judges asked of him. This season he loses to an unfinished tattoo.

That is in no way to deny that Anthony is an incredibly gifted artist, but his chest piece (which I really didn't care for at all - it was way too red for my taste) was unfinished and his sleeve did not encompass the whole arm.

Christian just made himself so very unlikeable throughout the whole process.