TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 03, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Cooking Shows: Random Conversations and Other Shows: Archive through October 03, 2016 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 5:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Watching Pioneer Woman I always think her "friends" are all pretend, or maybe it is just because her get togethers, other than family seem so contrived. Does anyone else get that impression?

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 5:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
You mean Hyacinth? Lol.
I love her. My bro lives near them and he's also a cattle rancher. He sees her husband at cattle sells. I have a cookbook I got her to sign and my friend won a kitchen aide mixer from her blog. She has weekly give aways. My husband and I call her kids Stepford Children, like little perfect robots that's where I pose a side eye.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 6:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, yeah that and one time she had a whole group of women out to the ranch. I thought it was weird that they were her friends but hadn't ever been to the ranch. Then I thought maybe her real friends didn't want to be on the show. I am just jaded about what is real and what is not.

I do enjoy her and her show but I have always wondered about her friends on the show.

Braveheart61901

08-11-2006

Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 7:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Braveheart61901 a private message Print Post    
I really enjoy her show, but something about her voice and the calm manner in which she speaks, relaxes me so much that I usually fall asleep before the end of the show!

Her kids seem like such well-rounded, happy kids. I'd like to think they're always that way, but ....

Reader234

08-13-2000

Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 8:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Lakecat - I'm jealous! I followed her blog long before she got on Food Network - she threw down Bobby Flay in a Turkey Throwdown - they were able to build the Lodge and I think I remember how she held "retreats" for people there - again,long before she appeared on Food Network...

When Bobby's camera crew drove on to the ranch it was surprising how far from nowhere the ranch was, how far from the main road to the ranch...

she is definately not polished, not a TV star, her, ok, now... ok.. can make me sigh - but as long as I remember how long I've followed her blog, and I know, she's authentic - I can take it!

Reader234

08-13-2000

Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 8:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
and since this is a "random conversation" thread...

oh my hey! ROFLOL at the Bobby Flay "star on the walk of fame"" while a helicopter with a "big brother" plane banner flew over with the word "CHEATER" interrupting his speech! YES< LOL

was it because he's in a bitter divorce? or was it another chef that was a bit jealous of the fact he gets the first chef star? OR was it a mistress that was cheated on??? hmmmm

LOL

Reader234

08-13-2000

Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 8:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Braveheart - her kids were also on another HGTV show to get their room re done, I think they are the real deal! (this was a few years ago... yeah, I'm pathetic! *grin)

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 8:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Reader, I died laughing when I saw that about Bobby Flay and they had a picture of the banner. I was cracking up. The tweet I saw said "somebody's wife is really pissed off". That was my first thought since the pending divorce was so recently announced.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 9:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Tee-Hee on Bobby Flay. I think he's sexy, a sexy cheater I guess.
Her ranch probably does seem remote, I think her husbands family has one of the top ten largest ranches in the country. Think " Giant" the movie. 10s of 1000s of acres.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 9:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Now the question - did Bobby flay and Giada de Laurentis have an affair? (this was speculated in tabloids a few months back - but since no talk has surfaced, its probably just tabloid fodder!)

but with the New Next Food Network Star that they are both hosting - and they are both in messy divorces... yah, life happens!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 9:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
hahahaha, oh Reader that would be just perfect. Giada just bugs me, I like Bobby, so I would crack up at that. Guess we shall have to wait and see what happens in the future.

I have to say I never even realized that Bobby had a wife, LOL, and Giada was very smug about saying what a perfect family she had on her show.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, June 04, 2015 - 4:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
FYI, Bobby's wife has said she had nothing to do with the cheater banner, LOL.

Mummy35332

09-09-2005

Tuesday, June 16, 2015 - 11:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mummy35332 a private message Print Post    
Anyone else watching Knife Fight on Esquire? I like the show, but the last episodes creeped me out a bit. I need some saltines to settle my stomach.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, June 17, 2015 - 7:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I watch it.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, September 27, 2015 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I was watching my Sunday cooking shows, watching Ree shop in the grocery store, and it occurred to me that I am surprised she doesn't have a vegetable garden for herself on the ranch. Then I decided maybe she does but the veggies aren't pretty enough for filming so that is why she buys and enormous amount of vegetables at the store, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, September 27, 2015 - 12:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
And she must have a root cellar somewhere or how would she keep all those veggies fresh!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, September 27, 2015 - 12:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
AND, why can't someone make small recipes for people who don't want to make enough for 10!!!!

Texannie

07-15-2001

Sunday, September 27, 2015 - 2:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Ree talks about the trials and tribulations of her vegetable garden many times on her blog.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Sunday, December 06, 2015 - 3:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I've really been enjoying Valerie's (Bertinelli) Home Cooking on the Food Network. She has great recipes.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, April 19, 2016 - 11:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
did anyone watch that Cook vs Con? I thought it was horrible. No matter how much I enjoy Graham and Geoffrey on other things this was just bad imo.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Tuesday, April 19, 2016 - 4:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Jasper, I haven't seen it yet. But I was planning on watching it. But with your review I might not hurry.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, October 02, 2016 - 4:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Have you guys seen Vinnie and Ma Eat America. I am LMBO, Vinnie is taking his Mom around to eat food that isn't Italian which is all she cooks and has ever eaten. It is hysterical.

Granjan

05-10-2011

Monday, October 03, 2016 - 12:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
Yes, it's worth watching for Ma!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, October 03, 2016 - 7:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I actually watched Cooks vs. Con and kind of liked it.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, October 03, 2016 - 8:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I see the food network is pushing a baking version of its shows now, they have the worst bakers (I really can't stand the worst cooks because more than any other shows it is so fake with people making up fake disasters, etc. ) and Bake or fake (i.e. cooks vs cons). I can't even try and watch these shows. anything to fill an hour. ANd this from someone who does watch cutthroat kitchen and wonders how the tasters don't get poisoned, but they all know how fake it is and act accordingly.