TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Top Chef in South Carolina

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Cooking Shows: Top Chef in South Carolina users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through December 16, 2016Cass_cat25 12-16-16  6:30 pm
Archive through January 07, 2017Seamonkey25 01-07-17  3:30 pm
Archive through February 06, 2017Cass_cat25 02-06-17  12:54 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Monday, February 06, 2017 - 3:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
The show I saw had all 3 competing and 2 moving on.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, February 10, 2017 - 9:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I take Zyrtec every day, before bed.. wish it made me sleepy.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Friday, February 10, 2017 - 3:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
It's funny how differently people react to the same medications... good thing we have options!

I sure felt for Shirley in that episode...

So glad both her and Sheldon are in the Finals and Sheldon finally got a WIN!! You could see him tear up when Tom told him he's going to be recognized as one of the country's leading young chefs!! And I can't believe that John is 54!! Probably older than most of the judges for sure!

Not sure who I want to see come back from LCK...

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Friday, February 10, 2017 - 5:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
I think the preview for next week's show gave it away.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Friday, February 10, 2017 - 6:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Spoiler
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
Brooke was eliminated on the show. She competed against Jamie and Casey in LCK and Jamie went home.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, February 10, 2017 - 7:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
then she and casey cooked and - they will tell us who won next week.

Abby7

07-17-2002

Friday, February 10, 2017 - 8:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Abby7 a private message Print Post    
For first time watched lck last night. Fun to watch. Not too long, no commercials and tom is a great on this. Cass, agree w/you. Watched for "that" reason. ....☹️ Not happy about that.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, February 17, 2017 - 12:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I thought the finale was on tonight, but it is next week. I thought the show was pretty good, The drinks and food sounded weird to me, but that is the problem with not being able to taste what they are judging. I have to admit that Brooke was cruel. You can tell who her friends are.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Friday, February 17, 2017 - 4:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I feel asleep near the end last night. I thought it was the finale, also. They are dragging this out one more week? Ugh!

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Friday, February 24, 2017 - 7:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Make that two more weeks --- it's a finale with only two chefs!

Loved where they were in Mexico. We got to spend an afternoon in Valladolid when we visited, and it is a beautiful area.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, February 27, 2017 - 7:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Sheldon is gone soooooo I'm hoping for a Shirley win.

Knightpatti

12-05-2001

Monday, February 27, 2017 - 8:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Knightpatti a private message Print Post    
Me too! Hoping for a Shirley win!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 - 3:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Good grief... it seems like they are dragging out this finale.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Friday, March 03, 2017 - 10:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
sob...

Hoping Sheldon won fan favorite!

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Friday, March 03, 2017 - 10:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
did not care for Brooke. Now that she's won maybe we won't have to see her anymore! Liked Sheldon and glad he was fan favorite. Shirley is a very talented chef and heading into an amazing, successful career. I think her mom's acknowledgement and love meant more to her than anything!

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Friday, March 03, 2017 - 3:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I quit watching this a couple of weeks ago... episode when John went home... I still have them on my DVR so I may watch. Last night I flipped channels right at the end and saw Brooke won and immediately flipped back to what I was watching.

The problem I'm starting to have with show like Top Chef, Project Runway, Survivor, and Big Brother, etc... once I have pinned my win expectations on my favorite player... and they don't win... I start to lose interest. With this, I could see the writing on the wall... Brooke was going to "redeem" herself... when I wanted anyone but Brooke to win... especially Sheldon or Shirley. I would have LOVED a Shirley vs. Sheldon final 2.

I'm not sure what it is... but Brooke annoys me.

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Friday, March 03, 2017 - 3:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
Cass_Cat you sound like me I always lose interest before the finals. I also did not want a Brooke win.
I have never liked watching her.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Friday, March 03, 2017 - 4:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I DVRed the show and googled to find out who won. When I found out it was Brooke I only watched the end also.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, March 03, 2017 - 7:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I cannot BELIEVE my paper. Because Shirley is in Orange County and the other one in LA, they have covered this every week with a long article but have put SPOILER on the article so if I haven't yet watched, I just save the article.

So I get the paper today having not watched the final and they spoil the result on the FRONT PAGE of the paper, even the the article is deeper in.

Not sure I'll watch.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, March 05, 2017 - 5:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I wonder if Shirley's second dish (the ramen noodles) was a better dish, she might have won.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Sunday, March 05, 2017 - 2:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I haven't watched, but I can't help but feeling this season was going be Brooke's redemption... She was going to be the winner.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, March 05, 2017 - 11:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I just deleted the last show.. Shirley fan, here.

Panda

07-15-2005

Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 4:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
I seriously got the same feeling about Brooke - this was going to be hers! I was rooting for Shirley myself.

There have been a few seasons where I drift away from it before the finales.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 8:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I must be in the minority - I watch every single second of this show. It's one of the few that I do (I can watch an episode of Chopped in 20 minutes flat! LOL).

I enjoyed almost all the contestants this year, so it didn't matter to me who won - I just enjoyed watching them cook. :-) Maybe Tom's baby blues just have me too bewitched to be critical or maybe Padma has me under her spell -- either way, I'll keep tuning in.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 8:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I was a Brooke fan, so very glad to see her win.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 1:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
well, one thing to keep in mind is that we are seeing the show after it is over, for the most part, so they can edit it as they know the results. maybe not the first few shows, but certainly the last half of them

Kmm

10-07-2005

Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 10:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kmm a private message Print Post    
I was fine with any of the final three, but probably would have preferred a Brooke/Sheldon final two, with either one winning.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Friday, December 01, 2017 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
TOP CHEF DENVER STARTS NEXT THURSDAY... 12/7.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Friday, December 01, 2017 - 6:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
YAY!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, December 01, 2017 - 9:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I saw a 10 minute preview.. Nice scenery.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Saturday, December 02, 2017 - 1:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Me too... we someone who knows how to set up a top chef denver thread...

I don't know...

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Saturday, December 02, 2017 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Did you see that LCK is already up and running with previous cheftestants competing to get in the competition.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: