TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 08, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Dance Shows: Dancing With The Stars- Season 23: Archive through November 08, 2016 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, November 01, 2016 - 2:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree that they should be the ones who leave next. They've done okay but they aren't at the same level as the other remaining teams.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Tuesday, November 01, 2016 - 6:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
I really enjoy watching Calvin dance. There is just something about him and how he approaches every dance each week. He is such a competitor.

But I also like James too. Neither one of these guys has had much dance experience (that I remember hearing about), but they are doing amazing with their partners.

Laurie is adorable, and I definitely thought she was a shoo-in after the first week, but Calvin and James are right up with her now and it's anyone game.

Yup, I agree about Marilu or Terra. I'm over the both of them too.

Granjan

05-10-2011

Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 12:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
I thought Marilu or Terra should have gone before Ryan.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 6:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The three of them seem pretty interchangeable to me. They're all trying hard and they've overcome various personal obstacles but they just don't have the ability to compete at a higher level. I must say that Sasha has been an amazing pro with what he and Terra have achieved.

Abby7

07-17-2002

Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 8:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Abby7 a private message Print Post    
I love watching Calvin too. I've just caught up. Marilu said "she felt like she was pushed" (after she fell). Did I hear that correctly? If so..why would she think that Derek would push her?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 8:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Abby7, I don't think she was accusing Derek of pushing her. I think he was just a little too strong (maybe) with their push-off, and she lost her balance.

Rvon, I totally agree with you about James. He's not only a great dancer, but just seems like an all-around great guy. I would be happy to see any of these four win: James, Calvin, Laurie or Jana. Jana doesn't seem to have strong fans, so I'm thinking she won't win. I was really surprised when she and Gleb were in danger last week after that super HOT dance they did the week before!

Abby7

07-17-2002

Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 9:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Abby7 a private message Print Post    
Thanks Babyjackmom. I have read 2 or 3 of her books ....a very ""disciplined" woman. I like her and great dancer.....but surprised she is still there.

Roblover

05-17-2011

Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 9:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
To me Derek and Marilu have not connected as team. Although obviously the push off was not intended, he just really does not seem to like her very much. Anyone else getting that vibe?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 9:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Not that he doesn't like her, but I agree they haven't connected. Last week or the one before he said something about this being the first time he had let someone control how far they go with moves (or something like that) because Marilou seemed to need that, and I think it just doesn't suit his teaching style. It seems to me like he's trying very hard to be happy with her choices but really he isn't, and he can't hide it.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 1:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I love and admire Derrick. But it's nice once in a while to see him NOT get paired with one of the 'better' stars, and struggling to figure out how to reach them to teach them.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, November 04, 2016 - 8:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I agree with you about Marilu and Derek not seeming that connected. She seems a little too controlling to me. I love Derek, but he seems to be struggling this year. That's okay. He shouldn't win EVERY time!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, November 04, 2016 - 8:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I read an article earlier today (which of course I can't find now to copy a link to it) where Derek is kind of backtracking about his relationship with Marilu, saying how well they get along and how he felt their package Monday night was misleading...that Marilu has had feet and rib problems that haven't been brought out in their packages and that they are working well together...seems like a bit of damage control to me.

He just seems subdued this season. I don't know if he's not gelling with Marilu, he's disappointed that his Broadway show got postponed or what, but he just doesn't seem himself this year. Let's face it - this is Derek Hough. He could probably turn Donald Trump into a ballroom dancer if he wanted to!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, November 04, 2016 - 9:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Oddly, somewhere I read that teaching dance is right up there with social work, teaching school and hospice care as high burnout. Maybe he's just plain ol tired. Maybe it's physical burnout and not mental. I haven't been watching this season, I guess I'll tune in, I have several DVRd.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, November 04, 2016 - 11:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I agree, it does seem like they haven't gelled and I'm not surprised he would try to do damage control -- he seem like a true gentleman. But he didn't get the easy draw this year. Marilu seems really hard to work with. I've found her a disappointment so far this year. She seems high maintenance.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, November 04, 2016 - 11:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Gleb is sidelined now with a knee injury. I hope he's back by Monday - he's my eye candy.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, November 04, 2016 - 1:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Roxip, you beat me to it!!! I was just coming here to post this article. Gleb Man down. Bummer!!!

http://www.eonline.com/news/807133/jana-kramer-s-dancing-with-the-stars-partner-gleb-savchenko-sidelined-with-knee-injury

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, November 04, 2016 - 2:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Thank you for the link - I should have done that!

Texasgirl

07-14-2013

Saturday, November 05, 2016 - 10:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasgirl a private message Print Post    
Remember these packages are highly edited and produced. They put a week's worth of things into 7 or 8 minute videos and can show what they want and ignore what they want (like Marilu's injuries). A majority of the package was right after they performed and were understandably upset with their scores. But they are adults and will/did work it out.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, November 07, 2016 - 8:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Bye bye, Marilu & Derek.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, November 07, 2016 - 9:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I couldn't find the show tonight. When is it on again?

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, November 07, 2016 - 10:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
It was on at the usual time. On next Monday.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, November 08, 2016 - 6:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It was preempted in Buffalo for football which is why we didn't get to see it in Toronto. I recorded the West Coast channel though I haven't watched it yet. I think one of the CTV affiliates has it on on the weekend though.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, November 08, 2016 - 7:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It's on the CTV website and it's on Sunday at 8:00 on CTV 2.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, November 08, 2016 - 8:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I thought Marilu outdanced Terra in the team dance part. Dancing next to someone who can extend themselves fully really shows Terra's inability to do so.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, November 08, 2016 - 8:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It's pretty clear that (rightly or wrongly) they are scoring Terra differently than the other dancers.