TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 11, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Fashion Design/Modeling/Pageant Shows: Project Runway 15 and Project Runway Junior: Archive through November 11, 2016 users admin

Marameko

07-14-2002

Friday, November 04, 2016 - 6:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I will finish watching the most recent episode over the weekend. But just a few minutes in this AM I felt that Mah Jing was working with two mean girls.While I am not a Dexter or Cornelius fan I am never a fan of rude/snarly people.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Friday, November 04, 2016 - 8:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Finally a collection on Runway that I could and would wear each piece!!!! The "neutral" was by far my favorite. Good for them getting their poop together after a shaky start.

Dexter has become the new Cornelius. :0

Tim made the right decision in keeping Cornelius.

There wasn't anything good about the red team not even the coat.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, November 04, 2016 - 9:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I just wanted the judges to say "we've seen that look before from you" on the red coat...it is similar to the coats she has made in several other episodes...and I thought those pockets looked like fanny packs.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, November 04, 2016 - 9:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Right Lilfaire,That's why the neutral won, regular ppl voting on it.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Friday, November 04, 2016 - 11:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Those coat pockets were horrible!! They weren't even sewn down right?

Hey Judges... there's a reason the PUBLIC picked Team Neutral as the winner... It was the most wearable!!! HELLO!!!

The more I think about the judges voting out Cornelius the more pissed I get... He spent a day being marginalized and ignored by Erin and Dexter... then they throw him under the bus and when he stands up for himself it was too little too late from them... Heidi's comment you should have made your voice heard... COME ON!!! No one would have got any respect from those 2!!! I have to call BS that the teams seemed to be pre-determined... whoever was teamed with Erin and Dexter were doomed. Mah-Jing was in the same boat on his team... obvious scapegoat.

Both of them can leave right away... best way possible... double elimination.

I can't believe I'm on Cornelius' side here... since I couldn't tolerate him in the beginning.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, November 04, 2016 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
We see the drama and the clothes. I think the judges are given talking points by producers/production but am not sure they are privy to what the viewer sees on the show.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Friday, November 04, 2016 - 2:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Have you noticed the disclaimer at the end of the show... and just about all other competition shows... "The judges considered both the scores and input from the producers and the network in reaching their elimination decisions." Translation: We're going to choose the contestants who provide the most entertainment value whether they are really the best designers or not.

Top Chef has the same disclaimer...

With both shows I think production has a heavy hand in who goes/stays up to a certain point... say final 5-6... Then I think the judging is authentic...

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Friday, November 04, 2016 - 4:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Cass-cat I totally agree with you about how the public picked the most wearable set of designs and work, aznd yet the judges dont care what the average literally on the street person thinks! who buys fashionable emperor's new clothes? And it must be a small group who can afford them?
Cornelius was certainly not in the position to tell th other two to stop andlisten to him, I dont think anybody could have gotten thru to the bobbsey twins, Dexter and Erin.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Friday, November 04, 2016 - 4:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
I was very happy that Tim Gunn used the save on Cornelius, and I was very happy he let the judges know "there are two mean girls" in the sewing room.

Loved the the expressions on Erin and Dexter's faces. Hahahahahaha!

Meggieprice

07-09-2001

Friday, November 04, 2016 - 8:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Meggieprice a private message Print Post    
Hey Pami- funniest part of that so called spoiler is it had ROberi leaving last night and he won instead lol!

Cass_Cat- I noticed that on both of those shows too- the small print- it was one year when there was a controversial divisive contestant that I know they had been keeping for the ratings value and not the talent. I was really disenchanted but I love both shows so I have tried to let that go.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, November 04, 2016 - 9:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Meggie LOL! I thought the same thing then wondered if the next one on the list thats supposed to go will win next week!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, November 05, 2016 - 12:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
So ironic.. at the beginning of the season, Cornelius was insufferable and I hoped he would go but by now and the way he was treated by the mean two.. I mean they were just yukking it up, eating, disturbing everyone and leaving him to work.. I had a bad feeling when his skirt was put with Erin's coat, that they wouldn't help to replace the skirt. So there I was hoping for a Tim Gunn Save.

Yay.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Saturday, November 05, 2016 - 6:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I feel the same, Seamonkey. My thoughts have really changed. It was so rude that HE had to make the new skirt from Erin's crappy design after his skirt "saved" her look.

I also love that if Erin or Dexter are sent home, Tim has no saves left. Oh well! Bwahaha!

The blue team was my favorite. I LOVED Rik's coat.

Meggieprice

07-09-2001

Saturday, November 05, 2016 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Meggieprice a private message Print Post    
I am so over Erin. Loved her at first but she is into herself enough for both of us.

I liked Riks outfit a lot more than Roberi's - that skirt or dress or whatever Roberi's was- who would wear that?

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, November 05, 2016 - 1:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I agree!

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Thursday, November 10, 2016 - 9:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
Was this on tonight? I can't watch until the next day but I liked to be spoiled so I can look for the things that are brought up.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Thursday, November 10, 2016 - 10:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I haven't watched yet... Came here hoping to get spoiled... Dangnabit! Oh well I can go to bed dreaming Erin & dexter were eliminated in a double elimination since no one went home last week!!

Roblover

05-17-2011

Thursday, November 10, 2016 - 10:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
Jenni went home. The designers had to design an outfit for someone significant in their life, mostly their mothers, that were embarking on a new phase of their lives. That person modeled the outfit. AARP gave the winning designer and also the person they were designing for $25,000 each. I was pretty shocked by the amount.

Rik won for a design for his mother. Erin's outfit for her mother was terrible, terrible, did I say, terrible? :-) but yet she was only in the bottom 3, not even the bottom 2. All of the bottom 3 outfits though were not good. I liked Erin at the beginning too, but now I do not like anything she designs.

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Thursday, November 10, 2016 - 10:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
Thank you Roblover. Erin got big britches after the first 2 comps. She acted like she was going to win them all. And Dexter has turned into a mean girl.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, November 10, 2016 - 10:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the reminder, I totally forgot this was on.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, November 11, 2016 - 7:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I personally liked Roberi's outfit more than I liked Rik's, but I also think that they gave him the win because it was his mother, and not just a friend like Roberi's friend. Having said that they were both cute outfits.

I didn't like Erin's outfit (her taste level, as Nina would say, is questionable) but Jenni's outfit really was bad, and so was Nathalia's.

Mah-Jing's mother sure did seem detached from him. He was crying all over her and she was just standing there looking composed and distant. I wonder if she is just so focused on her career that she is not as close to her children (because he said they didn't have a close relationship at the beginning of the challenge). I wish they had brought his wife on instead - you can tell they have a great relationship just by how he talks about her.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Friday, November 11, 2016 - 9:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
I like Mah-Jing as far as personality. But I thought that outfit made his mother look huge. It wasn't flattering.

I too saw a bit of coldness in how she responded towards her son. It was rather sad. But she did something right he seems like a real mench.

Erin's coat was disastrous, imo. That dress was barely tolerable.

That being said- I think this years crew have had the least disastrous designs.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, November 11, 2016 - 10:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
LOL...to me it looked like she was about to apply for a job with Star Fleet command.

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Friday, November 11, 2016 - 4:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Lol Roxip! I too found that particular outfit a little scifi! And for a change i did like that suit made for someone's mother. It 'suited' her quite nicely.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, November 11, 2016 - 6:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I was wanted Mah Jings wife too, but maybe the producers thought the winnings should be split between two households. I think that's just mah jing's mothers personality. She was the same way with the judges. She seemed a bit masculine so I thought the design was good for her.