TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 24, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Fashion Design/Modeling/Pageant Shows: Project Runway 15 and Project Runway Junior: Archive through October 24, 2016 users admin

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, October 16, 2016 - 3:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I thought Brik worked on that dress with Jenni. Who was responsible for that fuzzy neck thing on the dress?

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, October 16, 2016 - 4:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Wasn't that dress nude? In no way does the color nude and glaring yellow compliment each other. I thought the other teams collection was so much better.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, October 16, 2016 - 4:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yep.

They had the model carry a yellow purse, but who would do that with a beige dress?

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, October 16, 2016 - 12:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Apparently people who are " fashion forward".

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, October 16, 2016 - 1:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, October 17, 2016 - 12:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Here is another thing that both myself and a friend find annoying about PR. "Who is your girl?" It is always the same freakin' girl! "She works in an office and likes to go out after work..."

NEWSFLASH for you, your girl is anyone who will purchase your clothing so design clothes that can be worn for various occasion and by people of many shapes, sizes and ages please.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, October 17, 2016 - 12:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Except perhaps for the time the girl was a Peruvian photographer on her way to Iceland or some such nonsense as few seasons ago.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, October 17, 2016 - 3:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I also thought Tim would use his save.

And those particular embellisments on the coat.. They even zoomed in on them, I thought to show us how they seemed to be just pinned on and the judges even mentioned them favorabley

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 - 4:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I agree with everyone's posts here about this past episode.

The only new thing I want to add is that the judges said the team lost because they didn't design for what they said they were going to do. That they designed going out clothes instead of work clothes.

My argument to that is when the teams were pitching their designs, the winning team said their price point was something like $100 - $200.

During the whole episode, I was convinced the winning team was going to lose because they wouldn't be able to reproduce their clothes at that price point. (Besides being so ugly.) I remember a task years ago that they had to design something that would only cost so much to be produced.

These judges are so wonky in their decisions. They sent home a very good designer and kept 2 that should have already been sent packing weeks ago.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 - 4:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Tim may not have used the save on Alex, but I got the feeling that Tim really liked him and will use his connections in the industry to help him out. So that thought helped take some of the sting out that Alex had to leave.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 - 6:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Grooch, you may be right. Tim seemed quite "pained" about whether or not to use the save so early in the season.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 - 9:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I loved how Alex helped others. He is talented and kind.

Texasgirl

07-14-2013

Thursday, October 20, 2016 - 7:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasgirl a private message Print Post    
Heidi keeps saying Jenny took the idea from Erin, but didn't they decide to do the appliqué as a team?

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Thursday, October 20, 2016 - 8:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I think the applique was Erin's idea, I think the coat was 100% her vision.

I really like these designers... even Cornelius is growing on me... being on the bottom has really humbled him... Nathalia is my least favorite right now.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Thursday, October 20, 2016 - 8:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
WHAT!!! Laurence didn't win!!! #robbed

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Thursday, October 20, 2016 - 8:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
and from a flashback scene they did... Erin and Jenny worked on the coat together...

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Thursday, October 20, 2016 - 9:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
Who left?

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Thursday, October 20, 2016 - 10:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Tasha...

Tasha, Nathalia, & Erin in the bottom.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Thursday, October 20, 2016 - 10:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Tasha...

Tasha, Nathalia, & Erin in the bottom.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, October 21, 2016 - 3:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Cass, Cornelius is also growing on me. I have to admit that this is probably one of the more likable casts.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, October 21, 2016 - 6:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Erin wasn't very likeable last night. She was smug and convinced that she was untouchable. Honestly I was surprised that the judges didn't like her dress - they've liked ugly stuff she's put out before! She and that other guy giggling about how they were done so early and had so much spare time - basically gloating in front of the other designers - was really ugly. I loved her face when she was put in the bottom 3. She needed to be taken off her high horse. I actually think she is very talented but she was becoming way too arrogant and needed to rethink her direction a bit.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Friday, October 21, 2016 - 9:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Anyone else perplexed that Laurence didn't win? The only criticism I heard was the color... that black was too expected. Then when the judges were taking a closer look at the clothes they commented that Laurence's demeanor is that she's too quiet, she really hasn't opened up to them (I'm paraphrasing...) but then Nina called her dress the Bentley of LBDs and Heidi commented that it looked like a $2K dress...

So Laurence not winning was a surprise to me.

And the embellishments that Jenny applied last night... some of them looked like they were just hanging there... like they weren't completely attached to the dress.

I agree, I'm glad Erin in getting her serving of humble pie... unfortunately... the judges basically said they like the embellishments... so I see her going back to that.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, October 21, 2016 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I think that although Laurence's dress was undoubtedly a standout it was, at the end, a LBD. A very sophisticated, cool LBD but nonetheless...whereas the challenge was to design a dress that related to the nightclub they were in, and Jenni's dress accomplished that goal more clearly than Laurence's did. Yes, the judges did acknowledge her nod to the sofa, but Jenni's dress invoked the image that the club embodies more than Laurence's. JMO.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, October 21, 2016 - 2:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I liked the general idea of Jenni's dress but not the execution nor the embellishment she choose. I liked the nod to the speakeasy of the 20's. Laurence's dress was lovely, however, I am not a fan of that type of shoulder. Riks apron dress turned out much better than I thought it would.

Dexter & Erin were certainly surprised. A lot less fringe would have helped him. I thought they would like Erin's feather feast and was a bit surprised they didn't. Perhaps there is hope for the judges yet.

IMO, Tasha deserved to go and a double elimination with Nathalia would have been ok. I liked her beaded material and had she designed something that harkened back to the 1920's she might have been ok. Staying away from the dreaded ice skating costume of course.

As for "stealing" the idea of embellishments from Erin, get over it. We have all seen it before. You might as well complain that someone used a zipper, thread or material. Jeezzy Louisey.

I do like this group, overall that are acting more mature and focused on the work vs bein' rude and unpleasant.

Panda

07-15-2005

Monday, October 24, 2016 - 10:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
I wasn't that bothered by Dexter and Erin being happy that they finished early, I was getting tired of the moaning and groaning of how some of them don't do "cocktail dresses" or change it with another type of clothing for the challenge!