TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 21, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Fashion Design/Modeling/Pageant Shows: Project Runway 15 and Project Runway Junior: Archive through September 21, 2016 users admin

Reader234

08-13-2000

Thursday, September 08, 2016 - 10:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Lifetime is airing reruns, so I hoped that meant a new season... Jump for joy! September 15 it is! Tim Gunn, can't wait to hear you again!

List of contestants here:
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/08/08/project-runway-season-15-premiere-date-cast

Reader234

08-13-2000

Thursday, September 08, 2016 - 11:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Heidi claims lots of innovation, but I have to say I like the variety of ages and "hometowns"

I wonder, is there less recruiting on this reality show? What about pre-determined 'winners'. It's something I've been reading a lot lately, esp in the cooking comp shows that producers have a stronger POV for storyline, and there isn't blind tasting, and food tastes are subjective...

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, September 08, 2016 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I'm not too sure exactly what you are asking, but I think the more success a show has the more better qualified people apply. And if fashion isn't subjective I don't know what is! Plus these people aren't competing for a show on the network but instead just for name recognition and some cash and prizes...

My daughter and I were talking about another reality show we watched regularly - Inked. In my opinion the last few seasons the talent has been better. In the earlier shows there were always a few so-called artists who quite frankly just sucked. Now it seems that the artists are better...making me believe that when the really good people see how much publicity and recognition comes from being on the program they are more willing to appear on it (hopefully that makes sense).

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, September 08, 2016 - 7:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
YAH!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, September 09, 2016 - 6:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Gawd, I only recognize one "celebrity judge" and that is Kelly Osborne and I'm not quite sure what qualifies her as a "fashion expert" - even if she is on the "junior" show.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, September 10, 2016 - 10:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I really, really dislike Kelly Osbourn.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Sunday, September 11, 2016 - 4:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I'm with you Lakecat. I find Kelly Osbourn to be a complete waste of time and think she acts immature and vapid beyond belief. I also think she has terrible taste in clothing.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Sunday, September 11, 2016 - 6:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I can honestly tell you, however, that girls in my daughters age (late teenagers) think she's cool and like her a lot. Obviously PR is angling for the youth recognition audience to a certain extent.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Sunday, September 11, 2016 - 9:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Canadian Bravo is actually airing this on the same schedule! Surprising.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Thursday, September 15, 2016 - 5:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Watching the "Meet the Designers". And Tim Gunn says the first episode is tonight. At 8pm cst!

Reader234

08-13-2000

Thursday, September 15, 2016 - 7:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Alex says. " I just about wet my basement"

Lol! Unconventional challenge. Looks like there are some really talented designers... And lots of drama coming!

2 designers used yellow, with boas, I thought one was more successful than the other, it's hard to do yellow feathers and not think of Big a Bird!

One took rip stop backpacks and painted them, they looked better on the runway

At least 2 used Paper plates and the way one cut them really flowed, it gave them both that "architecture" structure.

I do look at the designs and wonder if they are blind judged, I hope so, I like reality tv to be less scripted, less obvious outcomes.

Florin

08-27-2006

Thursday, September 15, 2016 - 8:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Florin a private message Print Post    
After watching the show I do think the right designer went home. Tim warned him that he was going in the wrong direction but he didn't agree with the advice that Tim gave him.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Thursday, September 15, 2016 - 8:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
While watching the Road to the Runway I fell in love with several of the designers... now for the hard part... watching them try to make it through each week...

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, September 16, 2016 - 6:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I agree that the right designer went home - he was inflexible and that didn't bode well for him in Project Runway over the long run.

Some of these people I really like...hopefully it will continue that way.

I would have to slap that girl with the laugh though...it got old after the first time.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Friday, September 16, 2016 - 9:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
You gotta' love Laugh-Girl... and give her a break. Can you imagine growing up with that laugh? It couldn't have been easy... wonder how hard it is to change your laugh?

And Ian... is that his name... the guy who went home. When I was listening to his intro in Road to the Runway and he was describing himself... he said he has a Napoleon Complex. I'm like... yikes!!! are you working on overcoming those behaviors... or is his loud and proud of his Napoleon Complex behaviors... because we all saw how well it worked for him last night...

"Napoleon complex" is a term describing a theorized condition occurring in people of short stature. It is characterized by overly-aggressive or domineering social behavior, and carries the implication that such behavior is compensatory for the subject's stature.

Then he said his mother told him she couldn't tell him anything after he was 9... I thought to myself... holy crap!! glad I wasn't his mom!!

The guy needs to learn how to take constructive criticism...

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, September 18, 2016 - 6:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Whew!!! I was really afraid after listening to them talk that they were going to get rid of Brik and keep Ian.

I loved Brik's pants, and his top, but they were correct they didn't go together. And I thought Roberi's was really cool. I don't know why but I didn't think Erin's was that outstanding.

What was impressive was that she actually finished the outfit before they went down the runway. And Dexter's' outfit was ok, felt like the abominable snowman to me. Loved Tasha's outfit.

So Erin won, and Ian went home.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, September 18, 2016 - 6:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Cass_cat, LMAO, I couldn't be it was a woman with that laugh I thought it was the guy behind her.

I was glad to see the older woman, Linda go thru. I wasn't that impressed with her outfit but I was impressed with her drive. I can't even imagine trying a new field at that age.

By the time I was 55 I was tired, LOL, and I had a job that I loved so it wasn't the work. It was dealing with all the bullshit that happens in a corporate world. By the time I was laidoff (1t 58) and my company died, I was happy to be out of the ratrace.

So good for you Linda with all that energy and enthusiasm.

Martyc

05-09-2011

Monday, September 19, 2016 - 4:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Martyc a private message Print Post    
Does anyone else recognize Dexter from something? I don't know what but it seems I have seen him on some other show.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Monday, September 19, 2016 - 8:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Dexter was on Styled to Rock (with rhianna and Pharrel Williams, on Bravo) Be careful googling, you may find spoilers on Project Runway

Martyc

05-09-2011

Tuesday, September 20, 2016 - 12:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Martyc a private message Print Post    
Thanks Reader.....you are right!

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Tuesday, September 20, 2016 - 2:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Who are everybody's favorites... and not favorites...

Likes: Mah-Jing, Roberi, Tasha, Laurence (ex-model), Alex, Brik, and maybe Erin

On the Fence: Everyone else... need to see more of them... out of them I guess I'm pulling for weird laugh lady because of her laugh - she deserves a break

Not Cut Out for PR: Dexter

Please Leave: Ian (good thing he's gone)... I'm sure others will sink to the bottom as the season goes on...

Need to see who can handle the pressure and time constraints.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, September 21, 2016 - 6:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I still don't know who everyone is on the show. Maybe if there was a banner (hint, hint) that would help.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, September 21, 2016 - 7:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I don't have a favorite yet. I have a soft spot for the two older women (Laurence and the blonde ex-newswoman) simply because I think it is interesting when someone reinvents themselves later on in life...although Laurence has said that she was a designer first and a model second.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, September 21, 2016 - 8:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I'm watching The older woman and the guy from the South.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, September 21, 2016 - 8:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Oh, the pretty blonde guy? I like watching him too...and he designs clothes you say?