TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 14, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Relationships: Married At First Sight on FYI (formerly the Biography channel): ARCHIVES: Archive through September 14, 2016 users admin

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, August 11, 2016 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I agree about the family part, but when you are fairly young and newly married it seems very efficient to me...or when you are middle aged and wishing you had a lot less stuff!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, August 11, 2016 - 5:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Interior design is my passion so it wouldn't fly with me. It could be a challenge and I'd love to design it for someone else but I couldn't live there. My husband works for a motor coach manufacturer out of town and he stays in one of those rock star buses that's all decked out about 10 days a month. He says that's more than enough.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Tuesday, August 16, 2016 - 7:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Tom and Lillian consummated their marriage. At the end of the show Tom almost mentioned the "bus"!
Sonya and Nick are taking it slow and I see a future for them. They seem to be enjoying each others company. They did have a minor spat. Nothing too serious.
Heather and Derek had a big fight over his smoking. From what I've read it's marijuana that he's smoking. He doesn't do it when he works and only on weekends when he's not on vacation. When he's on vacation he lives out of his suitcase which annoyed her and she's doesn't like that he gambles. I see splitsville sooner than later.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, August 17, 2016 - 6:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Heather and Derek do not know how to effectively have a discussion - and she seems to get set in her ways and he reacts poorly to it and becomes very defensive.

Nick needs to be a little more empathetic towards Sonia and she needs to be a little less emotional...hopefully over time they will balance one another out.

Tom and Lillian are so cute but they may be moving too fast.

Stopthemadness

07-15-2005

Tuesday, August 23, 2016 - 7:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stopthemadness a private message Print Post    
I get it, I wouldn't be happy with a guy that was smoking weed either, but I don't think someone with a drink in their hand most of their waking day, shouldn't really complain! She isn't in to him and she should just say she is ready to give up. I don't like her and think she isn't good enough for him!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, August 24, 2016 - 7:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I've decided that I don't like either Derrick or Heather. He lost major points with me last night when he started saying stuff like "she's not my type" and kind of implying that he didn't like the way she looks (honestly she's very beautiful). She is pretty horrible - the way she walks away from him without any communication at all is just wrong!

I didn't think Nick and Sophia had a chance at the start and they are starting to grow on me as a couple. He needs to be a little more open and she needs to be a little less needy but they seem to be growing closer - slowly but steadily.

Who knows about Tom and Lillian...they are either going to make it big-time or break up big-time. I really like them together but it does seem too good to be true.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Wednesday, August 24, 2016 - 8:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Agree on all of the above!

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 - 6:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
When Lillian saw the bus for the first time, it was shock then I like the bus but there won't be any room for her and her clothes. The bus is pretty neat. It even has a dishwasher.
Sasha isn't keen on Nick's dogs and living at his place.
Derrick and Heather are a train wreck waiting to happen. She may have a drinking problem or maybe her problems cause her to drink. They are meeting with one of the counselor's now.

Spoton

09-16-2005

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 - 10:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spoton a private message Print Post    
I think Derrick is acting like an immature brat. His tirade at the cave and his continual harping about her "flirting " with the surfing instructor was way out of line. DH and I about lost it when the counselor seemed to be ignoring Heather's plea for some time by herself to rest and think. I think the "expert" is just trying to lay the failure of the marriage on her so he won't have to own up to picking a "man-boy" as her husband. I hope she doesn't waste one more minute of her life in this marriage.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 - 6:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Tom seems a little overly judgmental about people who have and enjoy material things...which may spell doom for himself and Lillian. Sophia and Nick continue on their slow journey but she seems to be coming to terms with living with dogs (slowly) - at least his dogs don't seem to be too obnoxious. They seem to be able to talk about most things so that will help.

Derrick and Heather...neither of them seems to be particularly mature. Heather THINKS she is mature but I think she is very guarded - and has been from the beginning - why did she even get herself into this situation - and Derrick is very immature. Once she closed herself off from him (which seems to have happened from the very onset of this marriage) he has behaved like a brat. I think he says the right thing but I'm not sure he is ready for this.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 - 8:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Heather and Derrick both have issues. She was the one who got all up on him first over the smoking thing... and she was not nice about it.

And he isn't one bit better, very judgemental too.

Yes, they are well matched. :-)

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 - 8:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I also read that it wasn't necessarily cigarettes that he was smoking...but that after she got mad about it he didn't do it anymore...

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 - 9:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Well, that makes sense. I wondered about his kind of squinty eyes... a well known side effect. :-)

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 - 9:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
But he appears to have squinty eyes all the time - he might also have a sensitivity to light...or he's stoned...or both!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 - 9:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
LOL, true. hard to know.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, September 01, 2016 - 10:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
oh please, I have squinty eyes all the time, I have light colored eyes and they are very sensitive to light. I know they edit for stories, but here people can use social media to make people like them over the editing, Heather seems to just want OUT!!! That could be reasonable, but it is an acting job and that much she should know. It is not like we are born in the cabbage patch.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, September 01, 2016 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I kind of have squinty eyes also - especially at church (although if I close my eyes to protect them from the lights about half the time I doze off so it's a never-ending battle!).

Heather's attitude just sucks. It was obvious from the moment she got to the reception that she wanted out.

Knightpatti

12-05-2001

Wednesday, September 07, 2016 - 8:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Knightpatti a private message Print Post    
Does anyone think that Heather called it quits? Or do you think the production convinced her to stay? She obviously does not want anything to do with Derrick. Derrick even said that he quit the smoking when she was bothered by it, but that did not make any difference to her. She does not bend.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Wednesday, September 07, 2016 - 9:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
I think it only depends on how much more money she will make if she stays.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, September 08, 2016 - 6:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I think she will stay for the 6 weeks. Wouldn't it be hilarious if they ended up staying together (don't think there's a chance).

Nick is really damaging his relationship with his lack of intimacy - both physical and emotional. Honestly I thought he was gay when they first started the show but surely not!

Tom and Lillian - who knows. Now that he's in the marriage he seems to be waffling to me...he keeps trying to make it more like a business proposition than a relationship.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Tuesday, September 13, 2016 - 8:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Heather and Derrick called it quits. If I was her I would have done the same thing. He was really creepy, not my type.
The rest of the show is really, really boring. I'll watch it OnDemand when I'm bored.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, September 13, 2016 - 11:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
I keep seeing pictures of Lillian and tom out with Sonia and Derrick. Wouldn't it be funny if Sonia and Derrick is the couple that makes it?

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, September 14, 2016 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I don't have an opinion about Derrick's creepiness, but I do think she should have at least given it more of a try than she did - she basically called it quits after the second day of the honeymoon. Was she just after an all expenses paid honeymoon without having to deal with a groom?

Lillian is rather immature and needs to learn to open up more. I think Tom is trying and so is she to an extent, but she still hasn't learned that men cannot read your minds...although most grown women I know haven't learned that either so why I should expect her to do so at her relatively young age I haven't a clue!

I really like Sonia and Tom, although I still think he needs to try a little harder.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, September 14, 2016 - 4:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I didn't have a problem with Derrick, I kind of liked him.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, September 14, 2016 - 5:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I think he'd be perfect for Sonya! :-)