TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 14, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Dance Shows: Dancing With The Stars- Season 23: Archive through September 14, 2016 users admin

Reader234

08-13-2000

Tuesday, September 13, 2016 - 10:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
And in some of the posted video of Lochte etc (Lochte is getting the harshest punishment, and he did leave Rio before being detained)

Anyway there is " missing video" that I think did get shown, I think that was the guns pointed at them, and they then gave money to the security guards

I just think that he did wrong, it did take away from the USA olympics

But I hate how much the media goes on and on with stories

Reader234

08-13-2000

Tuesday, September 13, 2016 - 11:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
They're showing it on Windy City Live again

Is it just me, or was Ryan's outfit a really poor choice compared to the other guys costumes. I don't think ABC wants Ryan L to stick around!

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, September 13, 2016 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
So happy to have this show back. Loved the opening. They must of had fun filming at the observatory.

Loved Laurie and Val. She is adorable! Thought James did really well for such a newbie.

I didn't think Maureen (almost called her Marcia-lol) deserved two fives.

On a shallow note.... Gleb!!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, September 13, 2016 - 11:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Yeah Rieann, while of all the Pros Tony has my heart, and Derrick my admiration, Glebe is yummy eye-candy.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, September 13, 2016 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, robbery or extortion..

Clearly I need to read more. I hope he is taking the dance training seriously, for his sake and Cheryl's too.

Still for our athletes to get so drunk that they lost the ability to find a non public place to per, isn't a good thing.

Seems like being banned for 10 months, losing $100,000 in bonuses and missing the 2017 world championships means he violated codes and wasn't just set up.. or the Olympic committee is out to get him at the risk of losing World medals.

I think bottom line is DWTS is using him for ratings. The promos have all stressed his name in a suggestive way, or with words that would challenge people to protest.. then they can react all holier that thou and try to get a redemption story out of OT.

It also distracts us from other competitors.

I shouldn't be surprised.

I wish they had held off on him this season.

I hope I can watch the show tonight to see how the other dancers compared. To my less than trained eye, he did well for a first dance.

Good to see Cheryl back!

Bbwatcher

09-12-2008

Tuesday, September 13, 2016 - 2:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbwatcher a private message Print Post    
I think Ryan told his Mom that, because he felt they had been robbed in a sense. That poster certainly wasn't worth $50. I doubt he thought his Mom would say anything to the media. He was wrong, but Rio police certainly imbellished their story as well!

Cricket

08-05-2002

Tuesday, September 13, 2016 - 2:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
After finishing the show, I do have a favorite. I LOVE Lauri. Her big brown eyes just sparkle. She is a great dancer. Her legs look very long in heels. She's just adorable and I agree her and Val make such a great couple dancing together.

The other couple I hope make it far are Gleb/Jana. They really sizzle!

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, September 13, 2016 - 2:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Laurie and Val. Yep. True, Jana and Gleb. But are they "one note" -- sexy Latin dances? That was no Viennese waltz last night. Amber and Maks could be a surprise. Anxious to see how James and Sharna do in coming weeks.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Tuesday, September 13, 2016 - 2:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
It'll be interesting to see how Sasha and Terra do moving forward. I do love how the judges were so uplifting to the new dancers like Amber Rose and Terra especially.

But her arms are short, so how will she do the Viennese Waltz? Glad she had the Foxtrot. I thought they did good

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, September 13, 2016 - 3:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Didn't the country singer do a Viennese waltz - or what was supposed to be a Viennese waltz?

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, September 13, 2016 - 3:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Jana and Gelb did what was supposed to be a Viennese waltz. Looked much more like a rumba or tango. Bruno said he couldn't wait until they did a "rrrrrumba".

In the package, loved Maks' face when Amber told him she is/was an exotic dancer.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Tuesday, September 13, 2016 - 3:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Yes, she said she was on one tree hill too, newly divorced, and I'm with Len, there was no Vienna in that dance,mand I thought her scores were too high! (Based on a Viennese Waltz steps, if that's what the criteria is... There was a lot of passion and drama..)

Texasgirl

07-14-2013

Tuesday, September 13, 2016 - 4:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasgirl a private message Print Post    
The Viennese Waltz was not one of my favorite dances last night, but it was also was not a good song choice for that kind of dance. I think Gleb took a calculated risk in the dance to make it more memorable, which makes sense considering he is relatively new and Cheryl, Maks, and Derrick returned. From what I've read, it seems to have worked.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, September 13, 2016 - 5:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I know people will say Laurie Hernandez is a ringer, but I loved her enthusiasm!! She just made me smile.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Tuesday, September 13, 2016 - 6:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Tmz got the 2 guys who tried to protest Lochte, they were released so of course tmz was there... But the guy who was tackled didn't like the way he was taken down! SMH. What did he expect would happen? Did he think like a Trump protester that people would cheer him? I'm so confused with this world.

I hope it stops and I can enjoy my reality tv. Without it becoming to real!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, September 13, 2016 - 6:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I love Maureen!!!!!

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, September 13, 2016 - 6:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Reader, did they say why they did it?

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, September 13, 2016 - 7:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Who went home?

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, September 13, 2016 - 7:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
No one goes home until next week.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Tuesday, September 13, 2016 - 8:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Texannie, Jimmy Kimmel just showed it again - they said they did it because of what Ryan did in Rio, it wasn't right.... of course Jimmy says where were they when Paula Deen and etc etc were on DWTS... then Jimmy shows Ice saying that those guys took away from all the fun at DWTS and that Ryan a gold medal for America... then Jimmy ends with the interview Ryan L. gave to Today show .... full circle that...

So basically the guy said it because he thought Ryan should be punished not dancing on DWTS

Reader234

08-13-2000

Tuesday, September 13, 2016 - 9:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
hah - I forgot, on a real computer I can c/p

http://www.tmz.com/2016/09/13/dwts-ryan-lochte-protesters/
The protesters who rushed Ryan Lochte on "Dancing With the Stars" wanted to get revenge for the swimmer embarrassing Americans at the Olympics ... and they say they'd do it again. (one was 59, the other 25)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, September 13, 2016 - 11:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Reader where can't you copy paste?

I can on my Kindle Fire, though it is more of a pain than on my computer I guess.

I kind of agree.. Ryan was punished to the tune of $100,000 and probably got that much being on the show.. kind of rewarding him for being an embarrassment (and he's had lapses of drunk and disorderly in the past too).. but I certainly would not protest in that way. They could start petitions to DWTS sponsors or any number of things but what they did..

Tom certainly seemed to handle it with his usual aplomb.. from the clip I saw. I still haven't seen the show.. tomorrow I hope.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Wednesday, September 14, 2016 - 4:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Thanks Reader and yay Jimmer. I was watching AGT finale and thought I had missed it.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Wednesday, September 14, 2016 - 8:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Sea, it is a pain to c/p on my iPad, only one window up. And on tmz on the iPad ap I can't get a link for just the one story...

I really wish they'd (i.e. The media) stop following these "protesters". Giving them "too much" air time may just encourage others to do something equally annoying.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, September 14, 2016 - 9:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Sea, all four of Ryan's endorsement contracts were canceled (including Ralph Lauren and Speedo USA) after the fiasco in Rio. Some have estimated the total loss from the endorsements to be as much as $10 million over time. Ouch!

I'm not gonna argue about what may or may not have happened in Rio. I'll just say he's a 32 year old man who acts like a teenager. I hope he goes home soon. Him and Rick Perry. Ugh.

Yes, Tom was a true professional and stayed calm in very unusual circumstances.