TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 12, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Dance Shows: So You Think You Can Dance Season 12: Archive through September 12, 2016 users admin

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Friday, December 11, 2015 - 5:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Sounds like there will be at least two more seasons of this show.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, February 01, 2016 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Ugh. I don't know if I can continue with this show. This sounds awful. And Paula Abdul is just unwatchable. Bring back Mary Murphy!!!

http://www.eonline.com/news/735933/so-you-think-you-can-dance-renewed-but-there-are-major-changes-coming

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, February 01, 2016 - 1:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I'm really not interested in watching youngsters dance. I prefer to see people who are more mature...but then I didn't watch the end of the past season either (a first for me - it is usually a "must see" on my queue).

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, February 01, 2016 - 3:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Remember when American Idol thought they'd do a show with children? Nobody wants to see kids cry when they get eliminated. That is not entertaining. I hear the death knell for this show. Too bad. We used to love it.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, February 01, 2016 - 4:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Like all really good reality shows they messed with the format so much that they ruined it.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, February 01, 2016 - 5:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I might actually watch it again. It was getting stale.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, February 01, 2016 - 5:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
a reminder, this show will start taping soon around the country and they like an audience, if you can find out if there will be a taping near you and get tickets when available by going here
http://on-camera-audiences.com/

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, February 01, 2016 - 9:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Interesting. It could be very fun to watch young dancers. Of course I don't want to see them cry, but want to see them amaze me with their dance.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Thursday, March 03, 2016 - 10:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Well they're going all in on the new format- they have a 13-year old judge:

http://tvline.com/2016/03/03/maddie-ziegler-so-you-think-you-can-dance-judge-season-13/

Texasgirl

07-14-2013

Tuesday, May 17, 2016 - 8:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasgirl a private message Print Post    
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/you-think-you-can-dance-894768?utm_source=Sailthru

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, May 20, 2016 - 1:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Well they weakened it last year and I will of course see what it is like this season but I'm not optimistic and my time watching tv is more limited the past (or I guess less over the top?) and some things have to go..

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, May 20, 2016 - 1:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
OMG.. before I read the last links I thought .. somehow Dance Moms will get mucked into this.. and a 13 year old judge from a ridiculous reality show I have avoided for years except when other shows insist on including someone like the dance teacher who shouts on the promos..

Backing away a bit farther from this.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, May 29, 2016 - 3:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We saw a promo for this show last night. They have ruined it. I used to love this show and looked forward to it every summer. We may check out the first show, but I don't have high hopes for this one. Sharksville for sure.

Knightpatti

12-05-2001

Sunday, May 29, 2016 - 9:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Knightpatti a private message Print Post    
Our family loved this show for our Summer entertainment, but not this year. They have ruined it.

Muffin

08-29-2007

Monday, May 30, 2016 - 5:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muffin a private message Print Post    
Last year I didn't watch the show.......I got bored of the same thing over and over again. I was planning on watching it this year, but now, I won't even bother.
I was at my granddaughter's dance recital yesterday where she danced hip hop and then a tap routine. She is almost 8 years old. The kids were very good, but I would certainly not go out of my way to watch kids if my granddaughter wasn't in the show. After she did her 2 dances, I went outside and waited for the show to be over.
The kids are cute, but only if they are yours!

Roteach

06-01-2003

Friday, July 15, 2016 - 12:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Putting this here because I don't know what seasons they were in. Jess LoPorto and Ricky Ubeda have been cast in the new revival of Cats which is starting previews tonight. Here's the link from Playbill Online. http://www.playbill.com/article/why-everyone-should-see-this-cats

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, July 23, 2016 - 6:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I've been FF through most of it and if it failed to record, I wouldn't care much.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, July 23, 2016 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Im actually enjoying some of the kids. I FF thru all of the judges and esp Maddie.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, August 26, 2016 - 4:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I start watching, start fast forwarding, lose interest and delete.

And this was one of my favorite shows for years.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, August 26, 2016 - 11:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Us too, Sea. It was the only dance-type show DH would watch with me. We watched the first episode and deleted it from our season pass. So disappointing, since this was our favorite summer show for years.

The comments on the SYTYCD Facebook page were overwhelmingly negative at the beginning of the season. I've also been watching their ratings plummet from week to week on this web page:

http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/think-can-dance-season-13-ratings/

The comments on that page are pretty interesting, too. They really disappointed a lot of their fans this year. I think it will be canceled after this.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, August 26, 2016 - 5:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
actually the dances this season have been really good! these kids are amazing!

Bidasea

08-04-2005

Saturday, August 27, 2016 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bidasea a private message Print Post    
The kids are sweet, talented and can really dance. I'm rooting for all of them. Paula is doing a great job this season too.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Sunday, August 28, 2016 - 2:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Bidasea, I agree with you on all counts. Paula is creating a caring atmosphere for the dancers and her criticism/critique is gentle and more in terms of what is possible than what is being done wrong.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, September 12, 2016 - 9:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I have just been deleting and now not recording. I'm sure it is entertaining, just not a show I care to watch and ditto for Paula. If I had never watched and loved the show of the same name, I wouldn't feel a loss but that what last season and this one have felt like for me.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, September 12, 2016 - 10:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I haven't watched either - still have a full slate of recordings but I started watching one and realized that I just don't care. If I watch any it will be to see who are the All Stars.