TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 11, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Dance Shows: Dancing With The Stars- Season 23: Archive through September 11, 2016 users admin

Rvon

12-11-2003

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
He is an adult here and he lied over and over again.....mostly because he got caught. He does not get a "pass" on that from me. I have no respect for him at all.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 - 10:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Bbwatcher, the article I read is from the paper edition of The Star.

The citations they list from Florida are for "public urination in 2005 and drunk and disorderly conduct in 2010.

September 5 issue, p.38-9.

Oh, guess you found it online.

As for giving him a chance.. it is more like he may not get automatic votes he would have gotten because he is an Olympian or a swimmer. And early in a season there are those fan base votes and votes for likeable stars.. likeable on the show and of course those who perform well.

Will be interesting to see the spin that take.

He is facing charges of filing a f2f false robbery report in Rio, but it seems highly unlikely that much will come of that.

======

I doubt he will act like a jerk on the show, since his issues seem to come along with drinking.

I would think they will keep him quite busy with practicing.

=======

Laurie Hernandez won't even get to be the shortest star, with Terra on the show.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Seems like a great group of pros this season. Derek and Maks back dancing is a very good thing.

I am excited about this season.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 - 2:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
I am very happy that Maks is back too. Derek, Val, and Maks have always been my favorites.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 - 6:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I guess I look at this show as a vacuum and not their whole history. I learned this the year Jerry Springer was on. I couldn't stand him prior to the show, but ended up being one of my all time performers to date.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, September 01, 2016 - 5:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Same here, Tex, with Springer. He was a very lovely man.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Thursday, September 01, 2016 - 1:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Speculation that Mark may be joining the Broadway cast of Jersey Boys. Here's the Broadwayworld.com link.
http://www.broadwayworld.com/article/DWTS-Mark-Ballas-to-Join-Cast-of-Broadways-JERSEY-BOYS-201609011

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, September 01, 2016 - 2:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
He would be perfect for that.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Thursday, September 01, 2016 - 3:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Well, Derek was supposed to have been on Broadway this season also. He was slated to have the lead in Singing in the Rain but the production didn't come to Broadway. At least Derek got to do the spring show at Radio City.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Thursday, September 01, 2016 - 3:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Mameblanche, I agree about Mark. He sings, dances and plays guitar and has guested on several TV shows and according to the article has appeared in a show in London's West End. Sounds like a good fit to me.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Thursday, September 01, 2016 - 5:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
On the Today show Kathy Lee said Marilou Hennessy mom owned a dance studio and has danced forever. They talked how the judges would expect more and judge her on a different scale than others that have no experience

I wonder if they had a hard time filling "the older" one slot?

Bbwatcher

09-12-2008

Thursday, September 01, 2016 - 5:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbwatcher a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Seamonkey. Yes, I did find it. Well I hope he accepts that his actions caused this trouble and he needs to own it.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Wednesday, September 07, 2016 - 7:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
It's been confirmed that Mark is joining Jersey Boys before they close.
http://www.broadway.com/buzz/180326/jersey-boys-sets-closing-date-on-broadway-mark-ballas-to-join-final-cast/

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, September 07, 2016 - 7:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Wow, would be fun to see him in that role. Jersey Boys is a fantastic show. If it comes to your town you should go see it, even without Mark. :-)

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Wednesday, September 07, 2016 - 7:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
I haven't watched DWTS in several seasons, but I think I'll watch this one.

There are a lot of 'stars' on this time that I actually know who they are!

Rvon

12-11-2003

Wednesday, September 07, 2016 - 5:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
I have seen Jersey Boys twice when it came to Seattle and wish it was coming here again. I would love to see Mark Ballas in this show. This is one of my favorite shows.

Sammi

03-31-2008

Thursday, September 08, 2016 - 8:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sammi a private message Print Post    
they should change the name of this show....STARS???? who is a star???

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, September 08, 2016 - 12:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I like learning about 'stars' i've never heard of. I'm always entertained no matter how famous/or not they are.

Texasgirl

07-14-2013

Thursday, September 08, 2016 - 3:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasgirl a private message Print Post    
Here is a list of the dances each couple will be doing and the song.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RanaOFarah/status/
773998057910337537/photo/1

Roteach

06-01-2003

Thursday, September 08, 2016 - 5:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Love the song they chose for Ryan Lochte. "Call Me Irresponsible."! Coincidence? I think not.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Thursday, September 08, 2016 - 5:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
And the annual discussion of what constitutes a 'star' begins.......

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Thursday, September 08, 2016 - 5:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
How about Dancing with People Who Used To Be On Tv?

Back in the day, a "star" was someone who'd made it big in the movies.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, September 11, 2016 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
It's almost tomorrow. I'm anxious for the season to start. Interesting bunch of "stars". I miss the pros off-season. Good to see them again.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, September 11, 2016 - 3:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Looking forward to it!

Rainbow

09-29-2006

Sunday, September 11, 2016 - 4:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rainbow a private message Print Post    
Seamonkey, will there be a header/banner with all the stars and their professional partners displayed at the top of this webpage for Dancing with the Stars Season 23? I think someone named jimmer used to do this for DWTS webpages in past seasons, but I don't see jimmer's name in recent postings for this season. Thank you for whatever
information you have about this...my husband likes to print out this page of stars and their partners and refer to it when we watch the show. Best regards, rainbow.