TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 21, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Talent/Variety Shows: America's Got Talent: ARCHIVES: Archive through July 21, 2016 users admin

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, June 23, 2016 - 8:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Reminds me -- almost 14 years ago I was diagnosed with stage 0 breast cancer. Looking back, easy go of it. Met someone on a message board (not here) and corresponded with her who was diagnosed with stage 3 or 4 ovarian cancer. She made it and she is thriving. She lives in L.A. area. BIG TIME wedding photographer. I'd post her web site, but maybe now doesn't want the world to know her medical history. She photographs weddings all over the world.

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Friday, June 24, 2016 - 4:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
(Color, I'd forgotten that you can click on people's names to view their profiles but I remembered yesterday, so I've been clicking away on everyone's since then...lol. What a lovely looking lady you are!)

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, June 24, 2016 - 6:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
(Rb, thank you. That photo is app. 20 years old. It is the last decent photo. I freeze in front of a camera lens. Years ago I had photo taken by three local pro photographers - Olan Mills kinda thing. They all gave me my deposits back when I saw proofs. They were bad. What was common to all three? Me. I FREEZE.)

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Friday, June 24, 2016 - 8:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
(Lol, I hear ya, Color...I usually run and hide if someone gets out a camera.)

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Tuesday, June 28, 2016 - 7:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
That guy Christopher was simply hilarious, with his rendition of the YMCA song!!!

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, June 28, 2016 - 10:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
For something different . . . the aerial act. The husband fastened on a trapeze (or something like that) flingin' his wife around in the air. What are they going to do next??

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Wednesday, June 29, 2016 - 3:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
i have to say... I have totally fallen for Nick as a "host" (or whatever you call it).... i think he is my favorite of any reality talent show ever- he totally knows how to support the contestants, make it fun when it needs to be, etc...

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, June 29, 2016 - 9:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
ITA Legal. He's a genuine delight.

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Tuesday, July 05, 2016 - 7:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
Awww, that was soooo sweet when Nick ran to the judges table and gave Miss Dorothy the golden buzzer.:-)

The singers were all really good. The Rubiks Cube guy was fabulous. Oh and the light show that the Russian guy designed...amazing.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Wednesday, July 06, 2016 - 4:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Miss Dorothy's tassels crack me up!!

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Thursday, July 07, 2016 - 6:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
I know these people need time to rehearse and maybe it evne affords the judges some time off before the real competitions start in earnest but get on with the show already! lol

Same as the Bach'ette, Monday night...another rerun.

Baylierose

05-07-2011

Thursday, July 07, 2016 - 8:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Baylierose a private message Print Post    
Christopher was my favorite. Can't wait to see what he does next!}

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, July 13, 2016 - 7:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I do NOT agree with judges tonight. There are a few good magic acts including young guy who did magic things with a Rubik's cube. He did more tonight. They let him go and kept the old guy contortionist. Huh?

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, July 13, 2016 - 7:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I feel like the girl that shot the arrow with her feet did the exact same thing as last time except this time she wore a better outfit and the arrow was on fire. Yet she still got a golden buzzer.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, July 13, 2016 - 9:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
True, Naja. Didn't deserve golden buzzer and didn't necessarily deserve to go on.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, July 14, 2016 - 9:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
rehearsals - I used to goto the filming of the show when it was on the east coast. (simon likes the west coast). You are told to show up several hours before the show goes on the air.

I did not go to a rehearsal, don't think it is like most shows where they do a run through first

the more complicated the set up, the more likely this is taped just before the show. They may say it is live later on, but it is live in the sense, everyone is there and the selections are done live, most acts are pre-taped.

Even though they are pre-taped, no one gets a second chance, maybe if production screwed up, but I never saw that happening, I have seen acts judges like fall apart and they are told, no do overs. Begging is sad and edited out.

I am assuming that if there is a do over it will be shown on TV.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, July 14, 2016 - 9:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
totally agree with you Color.I don't even think of him as a contortionist like the girl as he seems to do the one pose (incredible though it is). It always looks the same.

The golden buzzer girl added a lot of different things imo with the hoop. I just hope next time she leaves the arrow out and adds something new.

I thought the Rubik's guy was amazing. Do they still have the judge's wildcard? Maybe he'll be back.

I felt so sorry for the comic. I got it when he started off but he seemed so thrown off with the deafening silence.

Speaking of silence I thought it was funny when there wasn't a sound after the guys on the trampoline.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, July 15, 2016 - 6:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Even though they are pre-taped, no one gets a second chance, maybe if production screwed up, but I never saw that happening, I have seen acts judges like fall apart and they are told, no do overs. Begging is sad and edited out.

Rerun tonight. I'd call it a do-over. Simon didn't like the song Ronni chose and sang. He had her sing another. As we know, she went on. I can remember other seasons when judges didn't like song choices and that was the end of it.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Tuesday, July 19, 2016 - 7:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Oh my gosh. I couldn't even watch tape face because of his looks..how did the NYC Jewish comedian not go through instead of tape face.

Loved Brian, the singer.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, July 19, 2016 - 8:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
well it was a live show time and parts were pre taped because of the complex sets. The juggler dropped things and asked for another chance - nope. plenty of time until the show, we had to sit there for another hour with nothing. Another time there was a dance group where someone fell down - no second chance for them either.

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Thursday, July 21, 2016 - 8:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
I think the appeal of Tape Face is that it's a mime but kind of quirky, with an up-to-date twist. I enjoy his act, so far.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, July 21, 2016 - 8:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I didn't understand why the quick change artists went through.. Love the juggler with the dance moves and the choir. I like Tape Face... it's very different from the normal mime act. Silly, yes, but having Howie stand up there with his 'belly button' singing made me laugh.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Thursday, July 21, 2016 - 4:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
When I see these quick change artists I think of the ones who were on a few seasons ago. I like this year's duo better because they create their own costumes. Other than that, the routines are sort of clones down to the last change with all the glitter.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, July 21, 2016 - 7:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Tape Face made me laugh..

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, July 21, 2016 - 8:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I had zero hope for tape face when they first showed him backstage but he completely won me over onstage. As others have said, he came up with a very unique take on mime. That doesn'the mean I think he will win but I was glad to see him make it one step further.