TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
American Tarzan - Discovery Channel p...

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Adventure: American Tarzan - Discovery Channel prem 7/6/2016 users admin

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Thursday, July 07, 2016 - 12:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
This is pretty incredible - a LONG race & survival for 7 people. They are only allowed to race during the day & must forage for food & water as well as build shelter at night.

Like the Amazing Race, they are released the next day in stages that they reached the camp area the night before.

One day of this is incredible, I can't imagine doing this for weeks.

I recognized Tim Olson the ketogenic ultra marathoner - who does 100 mile races regularly & beat at least one course record. I figure he will win this as well, barring injury.

After kayaking through open water ... the first challenge will be to navigate an impenetrable jungle ... Over the subsequent weeks, challengers will traverse dense jungles, raging rivers and towering mountains, all while foraging for food to keep them fueled for the long and strenuous journey.

http://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/american-tarzan/about-american-tarzan/

Egbok

07-13-2000

Thursday, July 07, 2016 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I watched this show last night and I'm hooked.

Willwillbee's description above is spot on. After watching I thought of Naked & Afraid meets The Amazing Race, although the contestants are not naked, they must forage for food, water, shelter and then race each day through sets of different and difficult terrains.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, July 07, 2016 - 3:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I missed it but I've got it on dvr for repeat. Thanks!

Florin

08-27-2006

Saturday, July 09, 2016 - 12:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Florin a private message Print Post    
I am also hooked. I really enjoyed watching this show. I wouldn't have lasted the first day. LOL

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Monday, July 11, 2016 - 7:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I rewatched the first part - they said it was a "new" show but it was episode 1 with fillers.

The course is 50 miles. Tim Olson has run 100 miles in mountain terrain in less than 15 hours but this race has many obstacles. They said this was going to take weeks to do.

Florin

08-27-2006

Friday, July 22, 2016 - 1:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Florin a private message Print Post    
Tim Olson didn't make it though the section they showed this week. He has strong legs but didn't have the upper body strength to handle the climb. It appeared that they were only given once chance to make the climb. I say this because he made a brief comment about resting then trying it again and it appeared that someone must have said no or something because he quickly retracted that and said he would be leaving. Did anyone else notice that.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Friday, July 22, 2016 - 7:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I didn't see any mention of limits on trying, it seemed to me he was encouraged to try again later.

Someone from the crew asked Tim to just rest & try again & HE said NO - adamantly not which I thought was so strange. He should have just have sat back & watched how the others did it, maybe they used some type of technique. At least, let the rain stop & dry it up, he could have even stayed overnight & tried tomorrow like the strong man did. Two women made it up & women usually don't have strong upper body strength (compared to a man). Even if he decided to give up later after watching the others, I could understand, but to give up that quickly shocked me. He runs 100 miles for funsies. Personally, I think he was just ready to go maybe he was homesick or injured. There was no prize for the winner to entice the players. I have to applaud all of them for even attempting this feat, so no shame in quitting at all.

Florin

08-27-2006

Saturday, July 23, 2016 - 6:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Florin a private message Print Post    
Thank you for explaining what happen. I admire all of them because they are doing stuff that there is no way I would ever even try for fun. LOL

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: