TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 23, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Talent/Variety Shows: America's Got Talent: ARCHIVES: Archive through June 23, 2016 users admin

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, June 08, 2016 - 2:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Yeah, IA with your picks. I used to never watch this show. I didn't like how they exxed everybody. I think they have done like American Idol and started showing more of the good acts instead of the bad.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, June 08, 2016 - 5:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I'm not sure why they put the 82 yr old thru or the guy who lifted Heidi.

The guys and the drums et al were my favourite of the night.

I'm kind of disappointed to hear about the young opera singer. It makes it seem like a big act pretending not to have sung in front of large audiences etc.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Wednesday, June 08, 2016 - 8:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Well, Jasper, who knows how big the audience was in Romania's got talent? Lately we have more foreign acts on AGT. The Japanese act last week came to be on the show. Wonder if they are handpicked by producers or if they have a work visa and are here doing shows?

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Thursday, June 09, 2016 - 10:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Some acts are given the ticket for the next round cause the live audience would boo if they weren't. Then they get cut before going to the live shows. Although some will be on a live show to give the tv audience easy choices cutting.

Favorites from this week:
Japanese dancers w/the drones (although I was more impressed with the drone choreography/programming than the dancing).
Argentinian Dancers/Percussion artists.
Family singers (mom, daughter and stepdad).

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, June 09, 2016 - 11:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Finally, a beautiful use of drones!!

And that singing group from Chicago on the stairs... yeah.. very touching and entertaining. What beautiful young people.

The Ukulele girl.. next Taylor Swift.. well really she is like a young Ingrid Michaelson.. uke and all. In fact the song they played in the background after she performed WAS Ingrid Michaelson.

Another one put through to live rounds who might have benefitted from more practice in front of an audience.. at least I think.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, June 09, 2016 - 11:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
This is actually the first season where I will be watching every ep. My new dvr is the kind with many tuners so I won't miss a thing.

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Tuesday, June 14, 2016 - 6:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
Ha ha ha...the young girl called Lori, who performed stand up...she did a Trump joke that was simply hilarious!!!

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Tuesday, June 14, 2016 - 6:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
Wowzers...Viktor from the Ukraine, a juggler...was simply amazing.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, June 14, 2016 - 6:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
That joke was great, Rupert! She was so good

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Tuesday, June 14, 2016 - 6:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
Yes, she was Texannie...her delivery was pretty funny.

The young guy who sang Sinatra was great.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, June 14, 2016 - 7:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Also really liked the young girl doing standup.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, June 14, 2016 - 7:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Loved Standup girl. Great Trump slapdown. Also about keeled over in histerical laughter when Simon Cowell was on stage with the voluptuous Spanish lady.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, June 14, 2016 - 10:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I actually liked the last Italian guy who sang the Frank Sinatra song. His family was hysterical.

Connies

03-11-2010

Wednesday, June 15, 2016 - 8:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Connies a private message Print Post    
Loved the Italian guy. He has a great voice and it is so nice to hear a song that I can actually understand the words!! Ha.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, June 15, 2016 - 10:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
The guy was hysterical. He took over the show! Exactly someone that would do well in Vegas.

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Wednesday, June 15, 2016 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
Yep, the first note or two were a tiny bit squonky...made me wince...but when he got his footing...man, his voice was like velvet fog but way better than Mel Torme. Sinatra at his best, all over again.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Saturday, June 18, 2016 - 5:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
While the Sinatra singer was good, it's just a lounge act (think cruise ship). Not worthy of the golden buzzer. Damn.

My favs:
Juggler
Not much else was memorable to me as a Vegas act.
This was a weak episode (IMHO).

Sugar

08-15-2000

Saturday, June 18, 2016 - 7:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I'm with you Konamouse, the Sinatra quy was fine but not exceptional and certainly not golden buzzer worthy.
I have a friend who can sing circles around him.

Vsmart

02-10-2003

Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 8:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
I loved the woman who changed costumes & the Estonian contortionist. Too many singers.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 8:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I think Simon was impressed with the last singer's story to give her a golden buzzer. I did not think she was that good.

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 8:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
Dang, missed the show. Have to watch the re-broadcast.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 9:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I thought she was very good singing that song which she has obviously practiced a lot and has a deep meaning for her. The real question is how far her talent extends.

So all of the golden buzzer winners were singers?!?!? I find that a bit frustrating because there are so many singing talent shows.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 9:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
how many young girl singers that surprise Simon with stories can they have on one show? This is the third on this year alone.
no matter what,they will be sad when they have to cut one.

Dke1212

07-13-2005

Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 9:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dke1212 a private message Print Post    
Kookliebird, I agree. She was good but I think her story got her the golden buzzer.

Mush

09-09-2002

Thursday, June 23, 2016 - 4:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mush a private message Print Post    
All of the golden buzzers I remember were young girl singers. Has Heidi done her golden buzzer yet?

(ETA: The Italian singer! At least he wasn't another young girl.)