TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 21, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Cooking Shows: Hells Kitchen Season 15: Archive through March 21, 2016 users admin

Reader234

08-13-2000

Saturday, January 16, 2016 - 8:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Last Night started another round for Gordon Ramsay and Hell's Kitchen. 18 chefs competing, and the show airs on Fox on Fridays.

http://www.fox.com/hells-kitchen/article/18-aspiring-chefs-battle-in-hells-kitchen
"Throughout the season, the contestants will face challenging tasks, including a (rubber) duck hunting competition, preparing dishes for 100 high school students, a catered wedding reception for HELL’S KITCHEN sous chef Andi and the fan-favorite blind taste test challenge. Celebrity diners at HELL’S KITCHEN this season include: TV personality Kris Jenner (“Keeping Up with the Kardashians” franchise), rapper Lil Jon, musician/producer Steve Aoki, rapper/actor The Game, musician Flo Rida, astronaut Buzz Aldrin, comedian Bill Engvall, Cesar Millan (“Cesar 911”), dancers from SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE and “Dancing with the Stars,” comedian Terry Fator, burlesque entertainer Dita Von Teese, actor Omar Miller (“Ballers”), actor Sean Carrigan (“The Young and the Restless”) and Olympian swimmers Jessica Hardy and Dominik Meichtry. - See more at: http://www.fox.com/hells-kitchen/article/18-aspiring-chefs-battle-in-hells-kitchen#sthash.SIUGRHlZ.dpuf

https://youtu.be/DTSiBOp8ves

Reader234

08-13-2000

Saturday, January 16, 2016 - 8:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
First impressions, we laughed and wondered if any other restaurant serves Beef Wellington. and of course you have the lobster risotto, and scallops.... and last night they had the pizza that was getting burnt over and over...

Clips from next week seem to indicate they are going to throw alcohol at them - and the chefs are going to drink to excess... oh boy!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, January 16, 2016 - 8:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Thanks for starting a thread for this, Reader. I haven't watched yet but I've got it recorded. It's funny how they follow Masterchef Junior with this. Quite a contrast in styles.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Saturday, January 16, 2016 - 11:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I would never go to a restaurant that served any of that, except maybe, scallops and pizza. But, I would go to a pizza parlor for pizza.

I was at a restaurant recently that had scallops as the appetizer, I didn't even notice it and had a salad. When another person at the table was served scallops, I had to look at the menu again. I guess, it's not one of my normal food groups, so I don't even notice it on the menu.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, January 16, 2016 - 11:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I didn't even realize this was starting again.
But I would like to add, one of my favorite pizzas in the summer is langostino, brie and basil. (garlic and a few other seasonings) - so tasty.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Saturday, January 16, 2016 - 11:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I like the non-traditional pizzas too. I had a pizza with bing cherries on it last summer! It sounds weird, but there were amazing flavors when eating it! I loved it.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, January 18, 2016 - 2:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Not enamored of the drama on this show.. it takes away from the food for me, as do the celebrities getting face time (Kris Jenner is popping up everywhere lately) but still watching.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 4:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Glad the woman who repeatedly burned the Arctic Char and then tried to blame others because she didn't know how to cook it.. but someone DID try to give her advice and she kept saying it didn't look burned to her. She just wanted someone to step in and DO it for her.

Right one went home.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 5:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Is there any chance that we can get a banner for this thread?

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 9:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Sure. :-)

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, January 25, 2016 - 4:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
The "banner beast" rocks again...

Bidasea

08-04-2005

Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 9:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bidasea a private message Print Post    
I think Gordon Ramsay should bring the "Kid friendly" Chef when he has family night. He is so sweet with the kids on master chef. Some of his language and screaming at people did not sound parent approved last night.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 12:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Apparently his anger on Hell's Kitchen is almost entirely acting. In real life he is like he appears on Master Chef. As much as I've watched Hell's Kitchen, I've heard an awful lot of it is fake.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 10:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
In the books of his I've read, he is interesting and pleasant and seems to love his family and friends.

Some of the people on this show make me want to yell in less than family friendly ways.. where do they FIND some of these people???

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, February 14, 2016 - 10:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That is a good question. They truly seem to pick some awful chefs to compete on this show. The kids on Master Chef Junior are vastly better chefs than most of the people on Hell's Kitchen.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, February 14, 2016 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I think one of the prerequisites to be on Hell's Kitchen is you cannot know how to cook.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, February 14, 2016 - 2:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
True that Lexie.. and I think another prereq is that you have to THINK you are a great chef!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, February 14, 2016 - 2:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Now, if only Jackie would walk out/be sent out with her foul mouth and attitude.

Texasgirl

07-14-2013

Sunday, February 14, 2016 - 4:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasgirl a private message Print Post    
And be a smoker, preferably a chain smoker!

This makes me wonder how they have a palette at all...

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, February 16, 2016 - 1:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And deluded, like when they see a celebrity.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, February 16, 2016 - 3:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
a lot of chefs seem to smoke, I wonder if that is why they are so hot on seasoning, where sometimes I like just to taste a well cooked product - i.e. crab meat or some nice piece of lamb - with nothing on it.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, March 20, 2016 - 2:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It's strange to me how so many of the contestants on this show appear to have so little knowledge of how to behave appropriately when enjoying fine dining or interacting with customers or other top chefs. It's embarrassing to watch.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, March 20, 2016 - 3:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
This show seems to select for those with limited or off kilter social skills.

And it isn't nearly as bad as so many reality shows.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, March 21, 2016 - 8:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I'm watching this because nothing else is on at the same time, but the contestants have to be the most obnoxious group of people ever. I liked Jared until this last episode. That chick that has only cooked for 3 years, well, she's a piece of work.

Missyb

07-28-2004

Monday, March 21, 2016 - 10:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
to have so little knowledge of how to behave appropriately when enjoying fine dining or interacting with

I am not so sure it is not "we" who have so little knowledge of what goes on in a restaurant kitchen. Honestly this show makes me so uncomfortable about eating out. I never get the sense that these people are clean.