TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 07, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Talent/Variety Shows: America's Got Talent: ARCHIVES: Archive through June 07, 2016 users admin

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Tuesday, May 31, 2016 - 10:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
Good show Tuesday night, I really enjoyed it.

Simon is a nice addition.

Two acts were simply fabulous! The 13 yr old girl and Tape Man.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, May 31, 2016 - 10:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
"Tape Face" was so much fun! Right at the beginning of his act, that's what it said his name was on the screen.

I know they were silly, but the husband and wife act with the the Elvis song has me crying with laughter. It seemed like Simon really wanted to see her boobs....hahahaha

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, June 01, 2016 - 12:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I really enjoyed it.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, June 01, 2016 - 6:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Hubby said Simon has mellowed. Maybe. Enjoyed it.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Wednesday, June 01, 2016 - 7:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
I missed this show! What a fun first episode! I also liked the Japanese man with the doves! The 13 year old girl reminded me of the little girl Evangelica (??) who won AGT years ago. Tapeface guy was so funny! Can't wait to see what he does next!

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, June 01, 2016 - 7:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I thought the opera girl had had an unpleasant sounding tone to some of her notes. It got better as the she sang higher notes, but some of those lower ones made me cringe.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, June 01, 2016 - 1:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
She was amazing but I wonder if MelB did her any favors by putting her through to the lives shows. Seems like it would have been better for her to get more performing under her belt on that stage AND for them to make sure she knows more than one song (I trust that she DOES and that producers heart much more than we did).

The little guy who did the standup routine buried my favorite line.. though they did have it on the show, just not in front of the judges. When asked his age he said 6 almost 7, and something like it was the same as 8. He said it better. He is so cute!

I haven't been watching for years.. is Heidi often the practical one who says NO when the rest sweep through with Yesses for questionable acts?

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Wednesday, June 01, 2016 - 1:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
True Naja but her Mum has been her only coach...so if they get her some professional help, she will absolutely soar.

It was Jackie Evancho, Miz.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Wednesday, June 01, 2016 - 3:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I was mildly surprised at how much I enjoyed last night's show. Simon looked refresh and he was easy to watch.

I enjoyed the Elvis couple and they made me LOL big time. Also loved the 13 y/o girl singing opera...wow, what an amazing talent and so glad she got the golden "ticket" last night. She's one to watch for sure.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Wednesday, June 01, 2016 - 3:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I love acts like the little girl singing opera, and while she is wonderful, she won't win because unfortunately, that is not an act that would sell in Las Vegas.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Wednesday, June 01, 2016 - 4:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
I did not like the guy who put the scissors up his nose. As soon as I saw what he was going to do I turned my eyes away and did not see any of his performance. It is just too gross and I cannot understand why they put him through.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Rvon, I didn't look either. I wasn't fond of last season's regurgitator either.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 1:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Yes Sea, Heidi is not afraid to say she doesn't like something.

I lmao over Tape Face, it was just so clever. I mean who would think to do that? lol it was so funny his timing was impeccable.

The scissor guy, while icky is one of those acts that they know America (mostly) watch thru their fingers but can't turn away. I thought it just looked painful. Their patter was pretty good though. I imagine they work in some sort of sideshow.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 4:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
Roteach, I forgot about him (the regurgitator) and could not watch him either. Barf!! Did not understand all the love for this type of "talent".

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 10:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Well, good for Heidi!

I didn't like the scissors guy at all and don't like that freaky sort of act.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Friday, June 03, 2016 - 10:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Add me to the list of those who didn't like the scissors act. Yuck! Had to hide my eyes!

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Friday, June 03, 2016 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
What happens again, if there's a tie for whether the act is going through?

Mel B didn't like it either but let the audience sway her.

Add me to the list for averting the eyes, for that kind of stuff. Its stomach churning.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, June 03, 2016 - 3:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
You may have managed to miss it when he pulled something sharp out of his nose and then licked it..

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Friday, June 03, 2016 - 4:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
Accckkk!!!

Eww, Sea....gross!!!!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, June 03, 2016 - 4:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes.. that was his point, I guess, that the licking was grosser than the insertion of foreign pointed objects into areas way too close to his brain. I'm with Heidi X

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Friday, June 03, 2016 - 4:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
Heidi always Xs these acts! lol

Oh and here is more than you would ever want to know about how they perform these tricks.

http://entertainment.howstuffworks.com/arts/circus-arts/human-blockhead1.htm

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Tuesday, June 07, 2016 - 11:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
FYI: Jackie (young Opera singer) did not win the fifth season of AGT in 2010 (she got onto the live show via her audition in the YouTube submissions show), she was the runner up to Michael Grimm.
She has grown into a very pretty young lady and I think outselling Grimm in the business. http://jackieevancho.com/

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Tuesday, June 07, 2016 - 11:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Favorites from the first show:
Tape Face
The magician who used the projection screen (although his magic is basic, it's the blending of the videos into his act that made it compelling).
The very young comedian
The young opera singer (although I will continue to say, AGT should not include singers or dancers since there are already other shows just for those talents - I want the variety acts for AGT).

Roteach

06-01-2003

Tuesday, June 07, 2016 - 4:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Just read an article on this year's opera child. Seems she has also won Romania's Got Talent (this season).

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, June 07, 2016 - 8:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Tonight I loved loved loved the singing group that sang the One Direction song and said they practiced in a stairwell.

And those guys in the tap dancing/drumming group were hot. Wow.

But what's with letting the heavy metal grandpa through? yikes.

This year is fun so far :-)

OH! How could I forget little ukulele girl. She was super.