TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 06, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Adventure: Naked And Afraid: Archive through September 06, 2015 users admin

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, August 02, 2015 - 8:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Alana is a Mean Girl

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, August 02, 2015 - 10:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Alana is horrible and Danielle is nothing more then a follower who has delusions of doing so much when in reality she does nothing.

If Alana felt it was unfair to share the fire starter, then it should have been unfair for her and Danielle to keep the elevated shelter Shane built all by himself while being belittled by the two of them.

1jetsfan

07-21-2010

Monday, August 03, 2015 - 8:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send 1jetsfan a private message Print Post    
LOL @ Sanfranjoshfan's post!!!
So very true.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Monday, August 03, 2015 - 8:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
oy vey...poor misunderstood homeless 30 cubic ft dirt mover on malaria meds.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Tuesday, August 04, 2015 - 9:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
I have trouble with Alana too. It's really nice to see a woman succeed in survival, but it sure is hard to root for women like these. I feel bad for Shane.

Dani is just a meek follower. Here's a short You Tube of her perspective:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CrWQ8DWgCU

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, August 04, 2015 - 10:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I have problems with both Alana and Shane. she is a mocker and not a big contributor, but shane also is appearing as a my way or the highway kind of guy, if there was just one other person, I can see him ordering them around. There is also the serial killer remark, that would give me pause. You really don't know these people well, a few seemed to know each other before but not him.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Wednesday, August 05, 2015 - 8:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
I think Shane is a loner type. He was in foster care as a child. I think he's more comfortable interacting with the environment than with people.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, August 05, 2015 - 8:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
which means people have a hard time interacting with him. Either as an easy target for Alana or a worrisome person for the two guys.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, August 06, 2015 - 5:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
thought I would share this post on Dani's facebook page
I need to clear some things up so people stop sending me death threats.
So I can't watch Naked and Afraid from where I am in Alaska, I only have limited wifi access. I logged on & have a ton of amazing feedback from some of the fans and I got a lot of death threats & negative comments at the same time.
To clear some confusion up:: . They have over 1000 hours of footage to create an 8 hour television show with.
So we’re up to episode 3 right? This is what really happened:
I had a 102 fever from days 2-6 and yet still made it through that. Theyre not highlighting this because Hakim and Honora’s tap out was more dramatic.
To answer all of you people telling me to kill myself because I sided with Alana and “Shane did all the work”: Shane didn't build us a shelter. I built it with Shane on day 1. I said that Shane did not have any survival skills because that is word-for-word what he told me on day 1. He had incredible strength and will power but was not a survivalist- he’s an extreme athlete which was a great partner to have because of his endurance, determination, and integrity. I did not agree with him chopping down trees or risking his life by climbing them to get food. I was successfully getting food by making a primitive throwing stick and knocking the fruit out of the tree the safe, quick, efficient way.
Alana & I were not laughing at Shane hunting. We were laughing/talking about an animal on our diary camera.
Shane chose to do man-work all day long by chopping down trees in the beating sun in 120 degree weather while Alana and I would work in the shade during peak hours. We found drinkable water, made him primitive tools to make arrows for Shane’s bow, harvested all of the food & cooked it to make it non-toxic and edible to eat and shared this with Shane every night. I made tons of cordage for the 3 of us to set traps and was constantly working to improve the shelter incase it rained.
The turtle is really the elite survivalist wink emoticon
If anyone has questions I’ll gladly answer!
Hopefully the series gets better with showing more wilderness skills.
And for the record, Shane and Alana are great friends of mine and I am grateful to have them both in my life heart emoticon

https://www.facebook.com/xDaniBeau/posts/1023218217697890

Strategist

07-01-2014

Saturday, August 08, 2015 - 4:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Thanks Sadiesmom. There really are many sides to the story.

Cillysue2

05-01-2003

Tuesday, August 11, 2015 - 9:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cillysue2 a private message Print Post    
I don't believe all of that.

Cillysue2

05-01-2003

Tuesday, August 11, 2015 - 10:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cillysue2 a private message Print Post    
That is hysterical SANFRANJOSHFAN = Honora being only good for food.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, August 11, 2015 - 10:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I never said it was true, just that she posted it on her facebook.
if you are addicted to reality as I am, in time you learn to take the "show version" with a lot of salt grains. I talked about in the past having gone to an after thee race thing with the amazing races, the year there was a girl shown on TV the seemed to whine all the time and make her partner do all the work. I met her and she was very nice, but all the other racers were very defensive for her, she was very ill with Dysentery for the last week, that was never mentioned on TV and that is how she changed from a good racer to a constant whiner. Everyone from the race just loved her, and here she had to cry at how they showed her at the last show, Thankfully there was no twitter to constantly declare she did not deserve to win. Message boards did that.

as a result whenever anyone is shown badly (with the exception on Honora and I judge her only by what she posted on her facebook - that she was looking for an acting career and wanted to show off her great body and get people's attention by acting badly, it was deliberate) I tend to discount it as bad editing, every show needs a villain.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, August 23, 2015 - 9:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
ugh for the high school behavior. that was a sucky thing to happen, I wonder if it was edited to show she heard, or if she actually heard.

I think about how she survived that invasion where her roommate ws killed in Tanzania, and realize why she needs alone time, I wonder if she ever shared that with the others, it is pretty impactful.
‘Naked & Afraid': Survivalist Dani Julien Shares Near Death Experience

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, August 24, 2015 - 9:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Wow - Alana and the other Danielle will just blame it on editing like they have everything else but I really don't get the other four. They all went way down in my book.

I love the fact that EJ and Jeff might head to the extraction site on their own. Has the other group done anything beyond pretending to hunt and forage?

It doesn't seem like Danielle the vegan has lost any weight considering she's only been eating almonds/nuts for 30 days. Makes you go hmmmm. I know ~ more FAKE reality, lol!

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Monday, August 24, 2015 - 10:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
I think Alana, Laura, and Eva are the ones to stir things up. Dani B just seems to follow the leaders. I'm amazed that Chris and Luke turned into followers. Especially Luke, since he has been counselor. All their behavior toward Dani J was awful, very immature and cruel.

Didn't Eva spend time in Madagascar with Jeff? You would think that she would know his skills. Those 6 would do well to learn from EJ since he runs a survival course for the Army.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Monday, August 24, 2015 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Bullying tactics, even in the wild. Goes to show that no matter what the circumstances if you have 1 or 2 mean girls you'll see bullying tactics. Shame on Eva and her gaggle of mean peeps.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Monday, August 24, 2015 - 10:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Oh and EJ is a better person than I.....sharing his food when they other team couldn't even give up 1 or 2 pieces of their stingray catch. Shame shame shame.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, August 24, 2015 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I think it was Jeff that shared, EJ just did not even get a taste.

I recently saw Luke's first time, and I have to say he was a real butt head on that show, complaining that the woman was building another shelter instead of hunting food, she kept telling him they were too close to the water and the rainy season was scheduled to begin, they would have had to tap if they could not get up to that other shelter, they lost all the food they caught together as well. Counselor or not, he is not immune to being an idiot. In the beginning with Honore, it was in the beginning and he was in a better place to have patience, it is all stripped away probably with the awareness of the cameras.

Just think Lord of the flies. IF Jeff had not offered them food,I think this group would have just gone and asked for it.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, August 24, 2015 - 11:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
eva lynne rupert ‏@eva_rupert Aug 20
eva lynne rupert retweeted J. Brandon
Naked? Oh yes! I'm guest hosting Adventure Travel Q&A next Wednesday at 2pm Pacific. Tune in! #NakedAndAfriad #ATQA

so you can ask her anything in a few days
Jeff Zausch ‏@jeff_zausch 14h14 hours ago
Sending LOVE to my survival sister @eva_rupert! She's so compassionate & amazing! Partners 4 life! #StopTheHate #NakedandafradXL

Some people do bond from this.
I have not found where she owns it yet.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, August 30, 2015 - 9:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I liked this show because of the basic concept of what would one do to survive if stranded with no help of any kind. The drama of this season really took away from that and I can't help but feel it was producer driven.

Then again, maybe there was just more time to see the true selves of these people come out and it wasn't always nice.

I still don't understand the attitudes of the six. Jeff caught and shared 3 large eels and yet they had to debate whether to share the caiman?

Interesting at the end to see how much weight they each lost and not at all surprising to see how much less Alana and Danielle lost considering how little work they did in comparison to others.

Loved Jeff, EJ, Dani and Shane. Kudos to them for staying true to themselves!

Next week is the reunion show. I wonder if it was filmed before or after the season was shown on tv.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, August 31, 2015 - 5:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
When we saw EJ and Jeff making the raft to cross the river for extraction I figured somehow the group of 6 would want to use their raft. I was surprised they made their own. I can't believe Jeff lost almost 80 pounds!someone up thread thought it didn't look like Faniielle lost that much weight. I thought she was scary skinny by the end.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, September 05, 2015 - 7:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Jeff seems a bit miffed. Seems like the fabulous 6 is saying the ell that they were given made mo difference to their survival and they didn't really need it, it was just incidental. Jeff said it was over half of the calories they ate the 40 days, and that most people laid down near the fire all day and night (isn't that what they claimed Dani was accused of?) while he and EJ started hunting at 5:30 every morning.
https://www.facebook.com/zauschjeff/posts/875395999215861:0
he also said his number one regret was not taking Dani into their group of 2.
I wonder what - blink blink blink - stop picking on us we were wonderful posts the otehr people are doing - off to look - should be a good show tomorrow.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, September 05, 2015 - 8:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
shane answered him
Shane Lewis Jeff Zausch you are my brother. We worked hard out there. You guys did an amazing job. We put god first. This was the first discussion we had in the savanna the night we met. I agree some ppl are having a hard time with the mirror... I agree 100% with this statement by my brother jeff
Like · Reply · 350 · September 3 at 3:44pm

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, September 06, 2015 - 2:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Looks like the reunion episode airs tonight at 10pm.

I just realized today that they are re-airing the entire season of N&A XL with a minute or two of added commentary by the various survivalists in each episode. The irritating part is that they packaged these reruns as "new" by inserting a couple of minutes of lame commentary in each episode. That caused my TIVO see them as "new" episodes, so it was recording an extra 12 hours of unwanted reruns today. This is my older TIVO that only has room for 21 hours of HD programs....so it filled up ALL the extra space I had on my TIVO's whole hard disk!

At least I caught it in time to delete them all so it could record other shaws that are airing tonight . I finally figured out when the new Reunion Episode was airing....of course, that was the only episode on today's schedule that the TIVO season pass did NOT pick up! grrrr arrrrgggh