TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Dr. Jeff, Rocky Mountain Vet

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Animals: Dr. Jeff, Rocky Mountain Vet users admin

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Saturday, April 16, 2016 - 7:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
This show makes me cry. So glad people like him love animals.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Saturday, April 16, 2016 - 8:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I had never heard of this show until yesterday. Today I watched a few of the rerun episodes and tonight watched the season 2 premier. Did a lot of crying, but a lot of smiling too. Dr. Jeff is an amazing man!

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, April 17, 2016 - 8:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Yeah, me, too.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, April 17, 2016 - 10:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Love the show, love him.. I watched last season. I see he got married between seasons.

He's just a great guy in my book

That kitten was amazing and they worked so hard. Was just a lovely story from beginning, when the construction boss brought him in basically dead, cracked open his credit card, then ended up adopting the kitten. And you notice Jeff said they did a background check.

I like that he spays and neuters any animal he works on.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, June 11, 2016 - 9:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
This is a great show, but I always get teary when they have hurt animals.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, June 11, 2016 - 9:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
hahahaha, the wallabies, they are so cute and funny. AND, man they sure do look strong.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, June 11, 2016 - 10:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Haven't watched tonight's show, yet, but I always enjoy every show.

And have to say for his new wife, Dr Petra, they still live over the business..

Loved in a recent ep that Dr Petra, being from Serbia, is an expert on hedgehogs.. they are more common there.

And when they went to Mexico and did three days of mass clinics.. wow.. that was just great.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, June 12, 2016 - 6:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Watching the wallabies now.. very strong!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, June 18, 2016 - 9:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
It was so sad that the puppies from Texas died, I was glad the one little guy made it.

I get so mad at people who abandon animals, I hope the Chihuahuas are ok.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, June 18, 2016 - 11:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Oops, spoiled myself but it didn't seem likely those pups would all survive.

and yes anger tonight .. the cat whose ears had been cut/mutilated, and the little Chihuahuas thrown into a storm drain, one having been bred and with an old injury.

So nice that Chico, the chunky little dog who was hit by the BMW and brought in by a passing couple, ended up being adopted by one of the clinic staff.

I don't blam Jeff for punching and kicking the heavy bag.. actually a great therapy for him.

The people with the cat who ate the hair ties and dental floss.. I sure hope they weren't going to leave that feather toy on the floor unsupervised. They have a cat who obviously will eat stuff and feathers are really dangerous. We lost a sweet cat at the shelter when she ate one of those feathers. All of Katniss' feather toys are locked away in the laundry room.

We had another cat at the shelter who just ate ANYTHING that was string like so we had to be super careful, but he's finally been adopted and I'm sure was well warned.

I have to say I think really ighly of Dr Jeff and his staff.

Oddly tonight with two Dr Jeff eps and one of Dr K I've seen I think four femur head removals..

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Sunday, June 19, 2016 - 12:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
It was interesting to me to see the FHO surgery because my youngest dog had the procedure as a puppy. He had Legg Calve Pethes which is a genetic condition that causes the ball of the hip joint. He had the procedure at about 8 months old, is now 6 years old and doing fine.
I love Dr. Jeff and have developed a crush on him, lol!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, June 19, 2016 - 1:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Me too, Snoops.. I told one of my friends at the shelter that you watch him with the animals and you almost want to marry him! LOL..

Legg Perthes (usually in smaller dogs) is akin to hip dysplasia in larger ones.

It was just funny that Jeff did several, talked of one and Dr K, on her show did one on one of the exotic animals she treats. I forget which one it was now.

I love that Jeff takes many opportunities to point out the importance of spay and neuter and also of not letting cats (and dogs) run free.

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Monday, June 20, 2016 - 5:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Also that they won't allow any animal getting surgery to leave w/o spay/neuter. PPP and Doc Jeff do a fantastic job of getting the word out.

Loved how he took Chico upstairs for cuddles that night, since they travel too much to have dog of their own. Hey they have plenty to choose from downstairs to give extra attention!

I have a crush on Dr. Jeff too. Love how they show later pics of happy rescues, those hats on the chihuahuas were so FUNNY!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, June 20, 2016 - 6:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Oh that was a riot. I'm not a big fan of dressing animals BUT.. those two Chihuahuas had a huge ife change from being neglected and thrown away in a storn drain to being rescued by one of Dr Jeff's staff, cared for, spayed and socialized at the home of the staff member and then to see the two of them with the hats! Clearly they found a great home.

I like that he has a rescue going and adopts out animals

I loved when he explained his reasons for charging way less that other vets.. like $600 instead of $3000 by saying that of course he has to meet expenses and make money but as long as he has a roof over his head and his kids got to go to college, he's good.

And I'm really pleased that marrying Dr Petra seems to not have changed him a bit. She seems like a real kindred spirit, no move to a fancy place, just joined him over the business.

It would be hard NOT to have a crush on Dr Jeff.

From what his daughter and staff say he can be a grouch, though I would imagine having that knee (hip) surgery will help with that and a new wife. I like that he feels strongly at times and they have to bleep him out (but Dr K in Florida also gets bleeped out too).

And his stand on neutering and spaying is excellent.

I was so confused by Dr Laura and her staff. They had a rabbit or guinea pig with a huge ovarian cyst and they drained it! And said they'd probably have to come in now and then for draining. Huh? No talk of spaying? Yet they say female bunnies are very susceptible to uterine cancer!

And I think Dr Jeff would love on the baby Frenchies but he might not be so stoked about them having a second litter and being SO stoked to have a male puppy.

OK, off soapbox!

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Monday, June 27, 2016 - 10:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Did anyone catch the previews for next week's show? I haven't watched this week's but saw something on facebook stating:

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
Dr. Jeff's cancer is back. He's undergone chemo, I'm almost afraid to watch the season finale.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, June 27, 2016 - 12:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
That was definitely on the previews for next week's show.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 5:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Alert! For those of you who watch this show! The horse that ya'll helped our riding center win, Varsity the Gypsy Vanner, will be on Dr. Jeff on April 15th.

Be sure to tune in!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 6:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Oh, very cool!!

I was hoping he would interface with them.. I think any group that appears on one of his shows would get some good publicity.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
And it's especially cool (to me) that the folks at TVCH helped us win Varsity! :-)

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, April 13, 2017 - 9:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Teaser clip:

http://www.animalplanet.com/tv-shows/dr-jeff-rocky-mountain-vet/videos/the-love-between-coleten-and-varsity-the-therapy-horse/?mc_cid=58d9bf583d&mc_eid=3c401cfc59

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Tuesday, April 18, 2017 - 6:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Sweet! Enjoyed the full show, but that was a fun remember clip.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, May 13, 2018 - 5:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Next season begins June 9!!!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, June 11, 2019 - 12:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Good to see Jeff's hair long again, meaning time has passed since he was last on chemo.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, June 11, 2019 - 8:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
He said two (maybe it was 3) years, I believe.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, June 11, 2019 - 10:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Wasn't he finished with his treatments last season? I kind of liked the mid-length hair better but it's his head!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, June 11, 2019 - 10:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I know he said on the last episode how long it had been, but can't remember for sure what it was.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, June 11, 2019 - 10:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Depends on what season .. He also talks about his lung cancer. He had a lie removed, but that was before season one.

The B Cell lymphoma we saw on the show, and when Petra shaved his hair.

Just great that he is still out there helping people and non-profits.

Mill Dog Rescue is amazing.

I also love how he takes his grandkids out to observe, then help, and Hector's daughter, and kids from the track team.

And how after he saves a pet and charges less, he thanks the owners as they thank him.

Yep, I am a fan.

https://thecelebsinfo.com/dr-jeff-young-veterinarian/

The cancer was mentioned on the finale of the second season. Both of them.

https://www.inquisitr.com/3294577/dr-jeff-rocky-mountain-vet-star-updates-viewers-on-his-health-during-season-finale/

So 3 years sounds right, depending on when the filming took place.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, June 11, 2019 - 10:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Sea, I thought I just heard him talk about it on the new show just broadcast on Saturday night. :-)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, June 11, 2019 - 10:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Depends on what season .. He also talks about his lung cancer. He had a lobe removed, but that was before season one.

The B Cell lymphoma we saw on the show, and when Petra shaved his hair.

Just great that he is still out there helping people and non-profits.

Mill Dog Rescue is amazing.

I also love how he takes his grandkids out to observe, then help, and Hector's daughter, and kids from the track team.

And how after he saves a pet and charges less, he thanks the owners as they thank him.

Yep, I am a fan.

https://thecelebsinfo.com/dr-jeff-young-veterinarian/

The cancer was mentioned on the finale of the second season. Both of them.

https://www.inquisitr.com/3294577/dr-jeff-rocky-mountain-vet-star-updates-viewers-on-his-health-during-season-finale/

So 3 years sounds right, depending on when the filming took place.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, June 11, 2019 - 2:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
What is a lie?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, June 11, 2019 - 2:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I'm guessing it's a Seamonkey spellcheck thingie. :-)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, June 11, 2019 - 3:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Indeed. He had a lobe of his lung removed.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, June 12, 2019 - 6:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Oh that makes sense. I wonder how that affects his running?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, June 12, 2019 - 9:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think his knee replacement probably is a factor, but they showed him running with the golden retriever he and Petra adopted. He works out with weights and practices a martial art.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: