TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 08, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Fashion Design/Modeling/Pageant Shows: Project Runway All Stars 2016: Archive through April 08, 2016 users admin

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, March 14, 2016 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I think they chose some good body types for this non-model challenge. No one had to deal with any kind of extreme so it was pretty equal compared to usual.

Plus I always feel like they are told ahead of time on "All Stars" exactly how it will be and what they can and can't complain about. They can aways choose to not come back.

Florin

08-27-2006

Monday, March 21, 2016 - 1:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Florin a private message Print Post    
I don't understand why at least one designer always does that style that looks like a upside down umbrella. There is nothing attractive about that.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, March 21, 2016 - 3:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I agree.. the upside down half furled umbrella look is a loser.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, March 22, 2016 - 12:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
More like 50 pockets that could hold an umbrella. Yuck! Sorry Kini but I can't stand that look, lol!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, March 24, 2016 - 9:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So far I really like Sam's and the next two, missed the names, one was orange and one is red.

Thought the first one, with the stripes was weird. Alexander's was ok, and the Emily outfit is rather odd.
Asha's is kind of coo because it is very different.

Oh, I like Kini's a lot.

Ken's is quite nice but seems a little to much for resort wear, but who knows.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, March 24, 2016 - 10:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So Dom is the winner, I am sure just because the guest judge wanted to wear her dress.

And EMily, Layana and Valerie were in the bottom...Emily was safe and then they finally eliminated Valerie.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, March 25, 2016 - 6:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I think Ms. Hilty liked Dom's dress best because it will really stand out on a red carpet. Ken's dress was too heavy and Sam's dress did look homemade - the stitching was obvious (although to his credit he really did a great job with a fabric for which he had no affinity).

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, March 25, 2016 - 6:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
My first thought was how unfair to assign fabrics if a few are given something like upholstery or brocade to use. That said, I thought it was a great runway. Only Emily's was lacking IMHO but the poor thing just couldn't get out of that negative space her brain went to.

I wondered why they had see-through bags at mood for the first time but it did make it easy for the designers to see what colors others had picked.

Sam complained about losing his beautiful fabric and yet it was one of the last two left so obviously no one else cared for it any more then Kini. That said, Kini made it look very old to me.

I loved Dom's use of her fabric. I love linen and never would have thought to make stripes out of it first. She has a true gift. I think the only reason she doesn't win every week is they don't want to bum out the other designers, lol. The original designer who selected the linen would not have done that great of a job even though she tried to pin the win on the fabric.

Ken had a right to be so confident. I can't stand neoprene but he made it work. I also liked Asha's use of fabric with the black and white details on top of the charcoal grey.

I love Kini and I can see his talent and his skill but his heart doesn't seem to be in it this season.

I was disappointed at first with who they have brought back but I am really enjoying the runway each week.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, March 25, 2016 - 1:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
My biggest problem with Kini's design was the sleeves. He kind of poofed them by making them go back into the arm - if he had not done that I think it would have looked a lot more modern...as it was it made it look older.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, March 26, 2016 - 10:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
My biggest problem was Isaac flirting with Sam.

I understand why Kini is not happy with Sam, but he needs to get back to concentrating on his own stuff.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Sunday, March 27, 2016 - 11:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I think Kini's problem this season is that he fixated on Sam... and I don't really blame him... Sam took credit for the pants Kini finished... and from what we saw he never acknowledged or thanked Kini. Kini needs let it go or he's not long in this competition.

I hate the snarky confessionals. All of them know how the show and editing works... So they can't pretend they didn't have any idea that they would actually air some of their vile comments.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, March 27, 2016 - 1:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
They have also learned that is how to be invited back, and to get exposure.

Reality tv helps to encourage, even create, the outrageous or ugly behavior.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Friday, April 01, 2016 - 9:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
FINALLY!! someone mentioned last night that neither Sam or Kini have been "themselves" since their group challenge.

Wonder if Sam is beginning his downward trajectory?

It appears that Ken, feeling overcome once again, walks out next week. Seems like that is what he did in his original season... he's out of his comfort-zone so he panics... disguising it as acting out about something else... when it is really his own insecurities. Hope he doesn't walk out because I have really enjoyed his this go-round.

I thought the front of Kini's dress was so pretty... the back was not appropriate for everyday life... but for the challenge I thought it was spot-on.

Loved Dom's look... and was SHOCKED Ashya won... something about her look was weird... Her model looked too think and looked too young. Sad to see Alexander leave... especially since Layana has been in the bottom for the past 2 weeks...

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, April 01, 2016 - 6:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Ditto to all Cass said!

While I'm not surprised to see Alexander go, I'm shocked that Sam's joke of a dress didn't send him home. One of the judges commented they felt insulted by what he sent down the runway. Heck, as a viewer, I've been insulted that they've kept him and awarded him week after week.

Dom killed it yet again! How does this woman not get picked up by some big company for her own line of clothing? She is so original and so talented!

The judge that was from fashion police - can't stand him. The woman with the horrid yellow hair? Eeeek! Not a good panel at all this week for judging.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, April 01, 2016 - 6:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh my goodness, I thought Sam and Kini's were awful, LOL. And I don't see what Kini's had to do with Alice.

I did like Alexander's dress, LOL, naturally, since the judges didn't/

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, April 01, 2016 - 10:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I loved the blk/wht and yellow dress.
Sam should have gone, they are keeping him for drama. No way Alexander should have left before Sam

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, April 02, 2016 - 2:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I liked that dress too Pamy and the judges said it looked cheap and lacked taste.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, April 02, 2016 - 10:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I thought that awful dress the mentor wore this week lacked taste! That yellow dress was young and fresh. I lost respect for those judges when they didnt tear apart that craft project Sam sent down.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, April 08, 2016 - 3:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I was cracking up at Sam's comments about Kini's outfit, considering he won (I had seen the end of the show before I watched my tape).

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, April 08, 2016 - 3:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
My critique of the outfits....and OMG, what is that outfit Alyssa is wearing, it is awful and not at all complementary to here.

Are they having a contest to see how bad they an make her look each week?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, April 08, 2016 - 3:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Emily's outfit looks cute but I can't imagine it at the ballpark.

Kini's totally fits game day wear.

OMG, Sam's is a cocktail dress for going out, maybe someone would wear that to a VIP night at the ballpark.

Ken's is cute, and would work for the sports arena.

Layanya's is actually pretty good, a nice pair of slacks and top.

Dom's is pretty odd to me, and doesn't seem like something that fits the challenge.

Asha's is really cute and I can see a ton of people who would wear that to a games.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, April 08, 2016 - 4:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Dipo, I was telling my mother the other night that Alyssa has to be the worst dressed hostess ever on a TV show.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Friday, April 08, 2016 - 4:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I thought the same about Sam's look... imagine SITTING and watching a game in that dress for 2-3 hours!

I'm glad Ken pulled it together. So glad Kini won!!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, April 08, 2016 - 4:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Once agin the Judges comment about Sam not sewing his stuff well, like it is not constructed properly.

Kini wins!!!!! Finally.

AND even tho Sam had a low score, they made him safe!! and naturally Layana was on the bottom again...

so she finally went home.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, April 08, 2016 - 4:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Lexie girl, I can't even imagine what Alyssa thinks when she sees the show, it can't be good. Or maybe she really is delusional and thinks that she looks good, hahahahaha.