TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 18, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Animals: My Cat From Hell: Archive through April 18, 2015 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, March 23, 2014 - 7:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Sea. So I am pretty sure we'll see it before we are into summer.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, March 23, 2014 - 8:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yep. Actually in a post Jackson made he said some of the episodes take place in San Diego and mentioned that the season had wrapped. But he may have added Lux on because he was so concerned about him and his family.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Thursday, May 15, 2014 - 12:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Someone read my mind! Have you seen the cat hero?

http://youtu.be/qggsy3Cxg4U

First thing I thought was, I'd love to hear Jackson talk about this! (he gets the cats that are so needy, it just struck me to hear Jackson!) Well I got my wish - lol TMZ Skyped with Jackson today on TMZ Live, and Jackson said to Harvey that this cat did so much, because she changed Harvey's mind on cats!! It was sweet

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Thursday, May 15, 2014 - 6:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Has the one with the attack cat that was in the news aired yet?

What did Jackson say about the hero cat? I haven't heard.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, June 14, 2014 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
The show about Lux is on tonight!

For those of you who haven't heard about it, Lux is the cat that caused his owners to lock themselves in their bedroom and call 911.

Should be a good one.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, June 14, 2014 - 11:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Here's a link about the show:

http://consciouscat.net/2014/06/13/jackson-galaxy-work-lux-911-cat/

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Saturday, June 14, 2014 - 6:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Well, I'm in tears. Glad for Lux, that he's okay with his foster family. Sad how it turned out. My cat acts 10 times worse at the vet. They are scared of him!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, June 15, 2014 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I felt sad for Lux, too.. seems it wasn't a behavioral issue.

I also have to wonder just how hard the husband kicked him.

But that foster couple was wonderful, as was the Portland shelter.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, June 15, 2014 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Do we have any recent updates on him? Is the medication working?

Reader234

08-13-2000

Sunday, June 15, 2014 - 1:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Thank you Karuuna for posting the link - I watched the episode in parts (we had company - go figure! ;) )

I found this part poignant:
I asked whether what happened with Lux was a classic case of redirected aggression – because that’s certainly what it sounded like to me from what I’d heard about the story. “It wasn’t a classic case of anything,” says Jackson, who made the same assumption after watching the tapes. “I had my lunch handed to me with this situation.” Jackson admits he made assumptions based on all the years he’s been doing this work – assumptions about Lux, as well as about his guardians – “and they were all wrong.”

an amazing man that Jackson!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, June 15, 2014 - 1:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
There are tons of hits but all are prior too airing of the show, so far, and Jackson's tweets during the show just comment that this was the most complex situation he's dealt with and his original approach was wrong (I assume meaning the thought that the cat superhighway and play bonding would help.

Hopefully he will have a followup comment in time.

Makes me wonder about a cat my brother had.. the cat had what seemed like seizures when they first adopted him but he was sweet and tractable for a few years, then started attacking and I'm told even the cat seemed confused after the attacks.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, June 19, 2014 - 9:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Lux Update in today's paper..

Lux attacked the new guardians and they gave him up for their own safety..

But Jackson says he hasn't given up. He placed Lux in a veterinary clinic where the cat receivss medication while u ndergoing treatment to try to identify what causes is behavior. The medication is starting to work.

Associated Press..

So, sad but hopeful and kudos to Jackson.. not that I have any doubt of his true dedication to helping cats.. that was there before he got this show and I know he has fought production on things like number of cameras/lighting, etc.

And he's now able to mention Spirit Essences sometimes. In reality he uses them on most every cat he sees for the show but you have to track down that info in his blogs.. amazing that the production didn't want product placements in that way.

Debra

11-19-2003

Friday, June 20, 2014 - 8:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Debra a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the update. I hope they can figure it out. Kudos to Jackson and all the folks helping.

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Wednesday, June 25, 2014 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
I don't know if this is the article Seamonkey mentions or not. If so, just ignore.

Fierce feline who terrorized family stumps TV host

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/fierce-feline-who-terrorized-family-stumps-tv-host

Reader234

08-13-2000

Friday, June 27, 2014 - 3:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
wow. That poor cat, and kudos for Jackson, his motivation is for the cats.

Thanks Seamonkey for the updates, and more background, I know you've mentioned before that Jackson uses methods not shown on tv for the cats - like the food. i wasn't aware of the Spirit Essence

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, June 27, 2014 - 3:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Reader.. check spiritessences.com He formed the company with a vet who created the spirit essences and later bought her out. Our cat person at the shelter is pretty skeptical but they did let our Purrfect Partners group get a discount on some and they have been used. I even have some but have never tried them.. Probably should.

I think he is a raw food advocate but doesn't usually mention that on this show.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, June 27, 2014 - 3:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Kitkat, that is the same AP story; thanks!

Reader234

08-13-2000

Thursday, August 28, 2014 - 8:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Jackson is on The Today 4th hour with KathyLee and Hoda. Just general questions about cats, and if its the owner or the cat, so Jackson is giving good general info, all the while they play with a few cats in front of them from the Humane Society (4month kittens, play therapy, teaching kitties to be confident prey hunters)

just a nice fluffy few minute, general piece. No news or updates given, just promoting his new season will be starting and he'll be working with owners in New York

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, September 28, 2014 - 3:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Jackson Galaxy ‏@JacksonGalaxy · 6m
NEW cat cases & episodes of #MyCatFromHell start up Oct. 11 on @AnimalPlanet! #TeamCatMojo

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, April 04, 2015 - 2:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
New!!!!Jackson Galaxy ‏@JacksonGalaxy · 4h4 hours ago
Join my #MyCatFromHell Watch Party TONITE #TeamCatMojo! 4/4, 7-9pm EDT -> http://buff.ly/1I7IOAj <-

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, April 05, 2015 - 6:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I did not know Adrianne and Christopher Knight got divorced.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, April 05, 2015 - 6:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Billy is a pretty cat!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, April 12, 2015 - 3:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wow, I would get rid of the girlfriend and her yappy dog and keep Jedi, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, April 18, 2015 - 6:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Why do these fools get cats that they know nothing about?? It is so irresponsible for these owners! And I feel so sorry for the cats.

This is a repeat of the Savannah cats.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, April 18, 2015 - 6:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh and new show tonight!