TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Long Lost Family

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: Long Lost Family users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through April 07, 2016Reader23425 04-07-16  4:58 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, April 07, 2016 - 7:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Mamie it sounds like my kind of show. I've got tons of tissues on hand.

Braveheart61901

08-11-2006

Thursday, April 07, 2016 - 9:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Braveheart61901 a private message Print Post    
I searched for Long Lost Family but could not find it.
Can someone give me network and time? TIA

Reader234

08-13-2000

Thursday, April 07, 2016 - 10:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Long Lost Family is on TLC,

Clicking I see they are rerunning episode 4 at 6am Friday
Then at 7am ep 3
8 am ep 2
9 am ep 5
10 am ep 1

Of course that's here on Comcast, central time zone

Braveheart61901

08-11-2006

Monday, April 11, 2016 - 4:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Braveheart61901 a private message Print Post    
Thank you, Reader. I'm on Comcast, Eastern time. I'm going to check the guide now. Much appreciated!

Braveheart61901

08-11-2006

Monday, April 11, 2016 - 4:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Braveheart61901 a private message Print Post    
Reader, sorry I was late in seeing your message. I missed all of the episodes you listed, but I did just set up to record episode 6 and any repeats. So maybe I'll get to see the earlier ones. Thanks again.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, February 14, 2017 - 4:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Did anyone see the "What Happened After" shows for this? Very interesting...and the new show was heartbreaking for the woman whose daughter did not want to be contacted. I'm glad they found her mother at least (although she might have scared bio-mom away with her neediness!).

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, February 14, 2017 - 6:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I fell asleep before the family got together at the cabin. I really wanted to see how everything was with them because I really liked them when they were on.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 8:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I think that they will successfully blend their families together because they are all really nice people (and how strange is it that both moms are named Teri/Terri?). It seemed both sets of parents were enjoying the experience and really making an attempt to understand and be empathetic to each one's side. Apparently the adoptive parents have four adopted children and have always celebrated the birth moms who gave them a chance to be a family.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Thursday, February 23, 2017 - 11:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Mamie, it went great. I felt so awful for the parents who gave up their son as teens and then went on to lose their next child when she was 15.

Did anyone else think the son's fiancee/wife? looked like his sister who died @ 15? I thought she looked a lot like her. It was eerie; and wasn't her name the same ...Jennifer?

Both sets of parents were great @ the cabin.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, February 23, 2017 - 12:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I did think that was weird but I felt the mother of that family was a little bit needy...goodness knows that young man doesn't need to be saddled with having to carry the weight of a dead sister around all the time!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, April 26, 2017 - 1:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Has anybody else been watching "This Is Life Live" on TLC? Quite frankly I have been underwhelmed (although last night's episode where the woman hears for the first time in decades was the best story so far). I just think the people have been a little flat...the woman who saw her children for the first time didn't seem very excited - and she spent more time looking at her mother than she did her daughters (don't even get me started on those weird tattooed eyebrows). The man who walked at his wedding - I don't think it was a huge surprise because if it was my son who stood and walked at his wedding then I would have been bawling like a baby. Am I missing something here? I think the "moments" should be so emotional and yet they seem so flat.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, April 26, 2017 - 1:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I've been severely underwhelmed by these SPECIALS too. I felt that they had to cut it off early for the wedding and we never got to see the groom walk down the aisle at the end of the service. Felt cheated, I felt the clergyman was too longwinded and that's what slowed things down. And I agree about the distracting eyebrow tatoos on the blind lady. Those are the only 2 of the 4 I've watched and am not planning to waste any more time on them. As for the regular show, I love it to pieces!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, April 27, 2017 - 6:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Oh, I love Long Lost Family and am saddened that their season is apparently over...I'm hoping they do a mid-season with followups on the current stories (I noticed they no longer say anything about how the reunited family members are doing which makes me believe they will do followups - or at least hope).

I wanted to hear from the groom's parents and sister about how it felt to see him walk but instead we just got the ending cut off (and it ran over by several minutes and I actually had to re-record the beginning of the next show). I guess that is the problem with "LIVE" television.

Glad I wasn't the only one bothered by those tattoos. I'm not bothered by tattoos in general but dots for eyebrows...what?

Marameko

07-14-2002

Thursday, April 27, 2017 - 6:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I fast forwarded through the actual wedding ceremony as I too felt the pastor was a little windy.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, April 27, 2017 - 9:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I think that her family had some traditions involved in the wedding (what was her mother's nationality?) that made it long-winded (because honestly should a wedding be made convenient for television?). On the contrary, I felt the television people were trying to hurry up the minister...in the long run I'm going to take the side of the minister because real life shouldn't fit into the restrictions of a live television event. Honestly maybe if they hadn't done all the pre-crap they would have had more time for the wedding...or shown the wedding first and then done the pre-crap stuff.

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Sunday, May 06, 2018 - 9:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
I've only seen about three or four episodes, but some of them (tonight's for example) are aggravating. When they tell you NOTHING about one of the birthparents. Like tonight they had Shadow. They told about her birthfather but nothing at all about the birth mom. Where did she go? Did she really leave Shadow home completely alone? So many unanswered questions... And what about the birthfather of the blonde sisters?

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, May 07, 2018 - 7:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
The first season of the show they did some follow-ups (kind of a spinoff season) and some of the stories were supplemented (how did things work out, what the relationships were between the newly found families, finding other birth parent, etc.). I was hoping that would continue that but so far they haven't.

I guess they only have so much time to tell the stories they have.

This is still one of my favorite shows. Gosh, the older daughter was a dead ringer for the birth mom (the blonde sisters).

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Sunday, May 13, 2018 - 3:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Long Lost Family starts a 4 night event tonight on TLC@8 pm.
I think they’re all separate shows not connected. I happen to like this show.

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Sunday, May 13, 2018 - 4:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
Do they ever have episodes where the one being searched for does NOT want to meet the one searching?

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Sunday, May 13, 2018 - 5:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I don’t know but maybe they have shown something like that on the after shows. There have been some people that were reunited and did not stay in touch.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, May 14, 2018 - 7:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
The only time I've seen that happen is on the Troy Dunn show a couple of years ago, don't think it has happened on this show (perhaps they just don't show the episodes without the good ending).

In the after show they have shown people who don't keep in touch...usually because one of the people was too needy.

I like this show too.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, May 15, 2018 - 4:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Do Chris or Lisa have relationships with their biological families ?
I recall a lady from NJ who did this kind of work, her name escapes me,whose biological Mom < I think the Mom > opted to not have contact.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, May 15, 2018 - 7:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Lisa has met both of her biological parents and has a relationship with some of her nieces and nephews. Chris has relationships with his biological family and has blended his adopted family and his birth family and they have holidays together.

I also think I have heard Lisa say that her bio mom has now passed but that's only an "I think I heard."

I got that information from a youtube video on tlc.com.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-2DG4ktSKE

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Tuesday, May 15, 2018 - 7:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I have never cried watching this show but tonight one of the stories got to me. A young white girl had a black boyfriend 50 yrs ago during the race riots in Newark, NJ. She got pregnant and gave the baby boy up for adoption. A while later she and the father reconnected and had 4 more children. The 50 yr old young man had a wonderful life and is an attorney. His adopted parents just passed recently and it was heart warming for him to meet his biological mother and 3 sisters and brother. And his adopted parents named him the exact name his mother gave him. Oh well, I guess we all need a good cry now and then.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, May 16, 2018 - 7:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Jag, I cry at every show!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, May 16, 2018 - 8:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
That was a particularly good storyline...what a sweet man he was and he was very good natured about being swept into such a large and loving family. I truly hope this one works out.

I wonder if he can sing? His bio mom said that his father had a wonderful singing voice, and based on Joseph's speaking voice I suspect he has a great baritone singing voice.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Thursday, October 24, 2019 - 6:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
LLF starts Friday 10/25 tomorrow at 10:00 pm on TLC.
Can’t wait. Luv this show!!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, October 25, 2019 - 6:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I totally agree.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: