TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 04, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Relationships: Married At First Sight on FYI (formerly the Biography channel): ARCHIVES: Archive through February 04, 2016 users admin

Jandy

07-08-2005

Thursday, January 14, 2016 - 10:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jandy a private message Print Post    
I don't understand why Ashley signed up for the experiment. It doesn't seems that she is trying to get to know David.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, January 14, 2016 - 12:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
She's so cold. I don't like watching her.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, January 14, 2016 - 12:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I adore David and it pains me to see him hurt, frustrated, and confused by her Ashley's behavior. He needs to know it's not him, he's a sweetheart, she's the problem. He deserves someone loving and awesome. It's impressive that he hasn't given up yet. (The money must be what keeps them all there for the duration.)

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, January 14, 2016 - 12:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I know he is trying so hard, but his frustration and how he handles it bothers me a little. It's concerning, and I'm not sure his resorting to being pushy will help here.

When was the last time any of us were attracted to pushiness?

On the other hand, she is not being fair to him at all. She just needs to TALK to him!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, January 14, 2016 - 12:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I'm not really seeing him as pushy at all. I see a nice guy PUSHED to the wall by her icy indifference. He was so nice to her when she sauntered in so very late to the dinner he'd made her. She hadn't bothered to call and tell him she'd be even later than expected. I would have tossed the food in the garbage and let her fend for herself, upon seeing her cavalier, ungrateful attitude.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, January 14, 2016 - 12:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Frankly I don't understand how he keeps painfully swimming upstream, solo, trying to continue this farce of a marriage. He should just shut down and give her back what she's dishing out - cold indifference, collect the paycheque from the producers, and go his merry way after the show is over, laffing all the way to the bank, which she clearly seems to be doing. If she has a change of heart (not gonna happen!) she doesn't deserve him anyways. He needs someone fun-loving and thoughtful as he is. Bad match from the producers!

ETA, after this show, he won't have to worry, he WILL find someone to marry and have a good life with... as there will be a lineup around the block for him! :-)

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, January 14, 2016 - 12:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I did see him as being pushy that time they were lying in the bed talking. I still think we're not seeing the real David... completely... and how he deals with frustration. There's just a hint of something not healthy there.

I do understand his frustration, but that tone of voice probably didn't help.

That was the difference between that moment (pushy) and the dinner (not pushy). Although I kept wishing he would have said something like, "hey, we are married, and I'm sure you understand that if you say you are going to be home at a certain time, it's just common courtesy to let me know when you'll be late... so I don't worry."

And yeah, I think he's going to be inundated with offers if this doesn't work out.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, January 14, 2016 - 1:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
we are seeing an edited show. I try and keep it in mind. I find them being friendly and getting along nothing like I would be, but then I would not apply for this show. 100K for 6 months while you can still work/go to school must be very tempting to agree to this, and in a way you could look at it as a form of prostitution where you are selling your body, only not so much for sex as for constant following and owning your relationship. I think Ashley is trying to complete this time without actually doing the work. i.e. she is acting like most normal people in a relationship they don't want any part of and just want to get away, but is tied to for the money. I don't believe for one minute she thinks they are married.

Yuck Ashley is getting death threats now
http://www.inquisitr.com/2689522/ashley-doherty-of-married-at-first-sight-receiving-death-threats-from-viewers/

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, January 14, 2016 - 2:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
http://theashleysrealityroundup.com/2016/01/07/mother-of-married-at-first-sight-star-ashley-doherty-my-daughters-getting-death-threats/

Quote:

Even Ashley’s new husband, David, stepped in on Twitter to defend her.

“Despite what may be said [Ashley] took this leap of faith [for] the same reason that I did,” David tweeted. “Trust me she is not interested in money and or anything material, she’s as real and genuine as they come.”

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, January 14, 2016 - 2:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
It's unconscionable that some people feel free to make such terrible threats. I hope she has legal recourse.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, January 14, 2016 - 2:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I don't think she did it for the money, I don't get that vibe. I do get that she is just not physically attracted to him.
I know some really really nice men that I am not physically attracted to. It happens.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, January 14, 2016 - 7:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
And that may be what she's programmed to do, show zero interest as not to give him or any other past suitors false hope. That's how I was when I was single. No stringing them along.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Thursday, January 14, 2016 - 10:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I think Sam and Neil have a good chance at making it work.
Ashley is such a cold non-feeling person. I don't care who she was matched up with....she would still be her frigid self. I think it takes her time to let people get close to her, if she has romantic feelings for them, and she sure doesn't with David. I'm totally surprised that she signed up for the process. For the money,,,,probably!
Tres and Vanessa seem like the best to make things work out but who knows. Things are just too perfect with them.

Bblover262

08-05-2005

Friday, January 29, 2016 - 8:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bblover262 a private message Print Post    
After this week's show, I am thinking the only two that have a chance are Tres and Vanessa. I was so not impressed with hos Sam behaved during the hand holding scenario.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, January 29, 2016 - 8:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
When Sam turfed Neil from her home, I was absolutely fed up and totally furious with her unrelenting superior attitude and behavior. It was painful watching him be humiliated like that, and then, stuck outside, like an abused child, he made excuses for her when commenting to the camera. He is way too nice for her.

She completely played him by getting him to move to her place, her comfort zone, where she could, and did, toss him out, as a punishment for some bs reason. Does anyone believe for a milisecond that she really intends to move in with him when he finds a place for them....?

Neil and David are lovely guys who deserve better than these extremely unsuitable women they've been saddled with for 6 long, painful weeks!

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Friday, January 29, 2016 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
Agreed Mame--I only watched a few episodes and kept switching the channel because it was too painful to watch these guys being put through the wringer. :-(

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Sunday, January 31, 2016 - 2:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
If matzo ball soup and latkas from boxes are Sam's idea of Jewish cooking/culture, this is really terrible.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, January 31, 2016 - 6:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
When she was in her early 30's my friend Jan used to say she felt she was being good if she talked to her mother on the phone and was not holding a ham sandwich in her hand, but as she got older, she matured and became more into religion. Some people just go through phases.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Monday, February 01, 2016 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
I'm not Jewish, but even I cringed when she told him she was the queen of latkes and she had a box mix.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, February 01, 2016 - 1:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
LOL, Jen.. me too!

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Tuesday, February 02, 2016 - 8:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I feel soo sorry for David. Ashley is a real piece of work. He should just stop trying with her because all he gets is grief.
I have no idea why Vanessa felt she had to go home for a few days. Tres doesn't have a husband mentality??
I still really feel that Sam and Neil will make it work. She's starting to warm up to the idea of being married and putting her stubbornness aside and treating Neil like an equal partner.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, February 03, 2016 - 12:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Yes, I really cracked up at Sam in the interview saying the show is really hard to watch because she wants to reach in the TV and strangle the Sam she sees for being so mean to Neil. heh. at the very least they are good friends now.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Thursday, February 04, 2016 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
So this week Vanessa joined the club of mistreating her man. The men are all so much nicer than the women. And how do you dare accuse a man you won't have anything to do with of cheating because of a text.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, February 04, 2016 - 1:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I must have not finished watching. Why is Vanessa upset?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, February 04, 2016 - 1:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
They made up, right? I think she was referring to Vanessa walking out and leaving for a night. Over nothing, really.