TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 12, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: Jon & Kate Plus 8: ARCHIVES: Archive through December 12, 2015 users admin

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Thursday, May 07, 2015 - 12:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Maybe "media" wasn't the right word. Fame-hoing of the family and getting big heads both parents. With her books and appearances on various shows.It would not have been as easy to divorce if it weren't for Kate's celeb cash cow. They might have tried harder to work things out. If they divorced without being celebs the divorce might have been more amiable and not a circus event.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, May 08, 2015 - 5:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I shudder to think how I would have coped with 8 little kids. It wouldn't have been pretty.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, May 12, 2015 - 5:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed the mother's day special.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 - 8:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I have it set to record Thursday night. After your review, Sea, I'm really looking forward to seeing it.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 - 9:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Well, they draw it out with lots of Kate reminiscing and even the kids reminiscing but seeing the kids in action preparing for her "surprise" breakfast, I'm impressed.

Also impressed with the heads of hair on all those kids!

I think you will enjoy it OG.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 8:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I'm sure I will.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, May 15, 2015 - 3:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I just read in US magazine that John is seeking custody of Hannah.

Bbwatcher

09-12-2008

Friday, May 15, 2015 - 5:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbwatcher a private message Print Post    
He will never get custody. He signed over his rights to all the children so he doesn't have to pay child support. Legally, he has no rights as a parent. He spreads these tales ever so often to be paid by a rag mag for his story. He has no intentions of suing I'm sure. Kate allows him time with the children if they want to go. Legally she doesn't have to.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Friday, May 15, 2015 - 6:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
why does he want just Hannah?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, May 16, 2015 - 11:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Article didn't say.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, May 16, 2015 - 12:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Why does he do anything he does? Mostly to get publicity that rarely makes him look good or smart..

Eroica

07-28-2005

Saturday, May 16, 2015 - 3:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Eroica a private message Print Post    
Hannah called him and was complaining about Kate. He took her home with him for a few days. Maybe that was when Kate was frantically looking for Jon.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, May 18, 2015 - 6:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I just watched the Mother's Day show. I thought it was wonderful. It was nice to see the improvement in the twins behavior. It was an all round pleasant show.

Florin

08-27-2006

Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 6:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Florin a private message Print Post    
I have enjoyed the last couple of specials she has done with the kids.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 8:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Kate Plus 8 will be back starting December 8th for several episodes this time, not just a special.

A new season of “Kate Plus 8” will premiere 9 p.m. Dec. 8, the cable channel has announced.

The Berks County mom and her kids - sextuplets Alexis, Hannah, Aaden, Collin, Leah and Joel -- and twins Mady and Cara – return for several episodes in which the family takes a Florida vacation and the twins start high school.

http://www.mcall.com/entertainment/tv-watchers/..../

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, November 27, 2015 - 6:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Naja. I set my DVR to record only new episodes as they were showing 19 that looked to all be reruns.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, November 27, 2015 - 4:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, it was a mega marathon.. I've seen all of them so I took them out of my queue and kept the new one..

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Friday, November 27, 2015 - 8:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
The twins start high school?! Oh my they have grown.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, December 09, 2015 - 5:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I watched the premiere of their new season and they are the same as always.

Mady is still driving everyone nuts. I don't think she stopped complaining during the whole escape room adventure.

The little girls are so funny. Alexis I think will grow up to be the beauty of the family.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, December 09, 2015 - 6:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I thought the escape room looked like great fun, and they looked like most any family would going through it.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, December 09, 2015 - 6:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The escape room did look like fun, I never said otherwise.... but I do think Mady has a problem, and she has had it since she was tiny. A complete whiner and complainer.

eta: even her other family members, including mom, have mentioned her problem over and over during the years, so it's not just my opinion.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Wednesday, December 09, 2015 - 7:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
yep, that Mady is something! She really is not very likable.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, December 09, 2015 - 7:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I'm not bothered by her one bit. It's a family dynamic thing, kids adopt different roles, and as long as the family stays the same, they stay stuck.

And yes, the room looked fun!

Erniesgirl

06-26-2006

Saturday, December 12, 2015 - 10:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Erniesgirl a private message Print Post    
I am sorry to say that I've parted ways with this family. They were cute when they were little, now they are all mouthy brats, ones who know they are famous.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, December 12, 2015 - 11:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I loved the show. Looked like they were having a marvelous time. Wish I had been there to try Kate's Korean bbq.