TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 06, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Fashion Design/Modeling/Pageant Shows: Project Runway Season 14: Archive through November 06, 2015 users admin

Texasgirl

07-14-2013

Friday, October 30, 2015 - 3:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasgirl a private message Print Post    
That last episode was so boring. I thought someone was going to be eliminated, but it was just a critique. It doesn't give any new information.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, October 30, 2015 - 5:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I thought they'd rip Ashley apart on her 3 designs, so of course the were the least critical. I love Candices 3 pieces,so of course they liked hers the least. I have no design taste.
I'd love to see Candice with her makeup not so harsh and a less severe haircut and color. She had a confessional with very little makeup and wearing a hat and she looked so pretty.
Kelly's 3 pieces were terrible.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, October 31, 2015 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Ashley's were so ill fitting, and another skirt all thick at the top where no one, plus or not, wants to add thickness.

And the crop tops..

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, November 02, 2015 - 6:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Oh, let's not forget about the bra straps and the ample amount of visible back fat...and I speak as a woman with a more than ample amount of back fat...I don't care how young you are - nobody wants to see or show back fat!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, November 02, 2015 - 7:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I think they are desperate for a plus size designer regardless of how " wearable" it is. I can assure you as a plus Śž girl myself, that skirt with all the gathers at the waist would be the last thing I'd wear.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, November 02, 2015 - 7:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I can certainly see some younger women wearing some of Ashley's designs...and when she has time to really work on things they are cute...but she is at a terrible disadvantage within this format because they really aren't given enough time to fully work with their models and focus on fit...not to mention that she apparently suffers from low self-esteem and doesn't always trust her own "vision" so a lot of time seems to be wasted.

Azriel

08-01-2000

Thursday, November 05, 2015 - 9:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Azriel a private message Print Post    
I just got through watching the show and I'm just ticked off. There is no way Ashley should have won! One pair of her shorts was crawling up the girls crotch ( the judges didn't even mention it ) and the one she broke the zipper on was puffing out because she constructed it wrong. I didn't like the lace dresses with the colored granny panties showing. I thought her show stopping dress with the glued on flowers was tacky looking.

I love Candace but her clothes had fit issues, too. I thought Edmond's dresses were beautiful, but I think he didn't push to a higher level because he was hung up an his ruffles.

I think Kelly should have won.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Thursday, November 05, 2015 - 10:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
and I hated Kelly's show! lol to me it was amateurish and really, fanny packs? the wood print? and I think she had fit problems as well - imho I wanted to see an itemized list of how they spent that money and time - because none of them had a show!

I agree that Ashley's low self esteem (and age) seemed to inhibit her at times - but she had some awful choices with print early on, so thank goodness that wasn't evident - I did like her over all "vision"

I really thought Edmond was going to win - but I just wish he had more color and a bit more "umph" to his runway show...

and Candice, honestly the way she was edited, I thought they were going to give her the win, but her show was just all over the place...

worst. show. ever.... imho

Roblover

05-17-2011

Thursday, November 05, 2015 - 10:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
If the Ashley dress with the glued on flowers was in one of the weekly competitions, I am sure the judges would have said it looked like a craft project. Frankly I think whatever she sent down the runway would have won because they made up their mind beforehand they wanted her to win. I personally liked Candace and Edmond's clothes all season, including the final runway.

The reunion show next week will be interesting. Previews show two of the women exchanging angry words and I do not even remember them being on the show. LOL!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, November 06, 2015 - 12:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I hated them all. And Carrie sings beautifully, but her talking voice is nails on the chalkboard to my ears. ugh. good thing I had it on record s that I could fast forward through all the junior stuff and the Carrie talking stuff.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, November 06, 2015 - 12:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
For the first time, I didn't even completely watch the finale. I thought it's been pretty apparent for awhile that the fix was in for Ashley so they could say they gave a 'plus-size' designer the win. Unfortunately, I don't feel she deserved it. I was not wowed by anything she showed.

Edmond's show was polished and hopefully he will go back to Atlanta and build an even larger clientele. He knows what he is doing and should be successful.

Kandice is polished as well. I'm sure she will find that market who would love to wear her things. Hopefully, like Edmond, this gave her the exposure to do expand.

Kelley? Not so sure.

This finale did not need to be 2 hours except for the fact that we were again, watching a full on ad during the midst of the show. Disappointing season all around.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, November 06, 2015 - 1:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
The judges came across like they were so proud of themselves for choosing a plus sized collection. I guess making a statement was more important than choosing the best collection.

The one thing that really made an impression on me was that gi-normous smile on Posen's face right after they picked the winner. It made me do a doubletake because it looked like his mouth was stuffed with giant Chicklets. Something about that grin just didn't look genuine to me.

Image from tonight's episode:
zac

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Friday, November 06, 2015 - 6:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
I fell asleep before the show ended. Worst season in a long time. Boo boo.

Panda

07-15-2005

Friday, November 06, 2015 - 6:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
I was less than wowed by Ashley's win as well.

I agree with the above poster who said Candace and Edmund were more polished through the whole season. Oh well.

Texasgirl

07-14-2013

Friday, November 06, 2015 - 8:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasgirl a private message Print Post    
I completely forgot the finale was last night! So Ashley won? That's disappointing, to say the least. But I knew from her lack of negative comments in the second to last episode that was probably how it was going to end. Thanks for letting me know it's not worth watching, it'll save me two hours of my life.

Susieqok

07-20-2010

Friday, November 06, 2015 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Susieqok a private message Print Post    
Felt it was a "fix" also. Candice's stuff to me either did not fit properly or the pieces looked "matronly" the word that was taboo from the get go on this season.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, November 06, 2015 - 9:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I did like Ashley's mix of color but that Romper and those shorts were crawling up the girls crotch. I also thought Ashley and Kelly's designs were the most unique. I think Candice choked and Edmonds were too mainstream( except the toilet paper dress)it seems the weirder, the better in the world of fashion these days.

Azriel

08-01-2000

Friday, November 06, 2015 - 10:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Azriel a private message Print Post    
I liked the toilet paper dress

I just can't believe that plus size women have been waiting for a designer that would dress them in see through lace, bare midriff revealing clothes with glued on flowers and granny panties showing.

I noticed that Ashley wasn't sporting clothes with a bare midriff.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, November 06, 2015 - 10:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I would just like to note that the "plus sized " woman did not look all that fat to me, for runways it usually means they are size 16 maybe 18, I remember reading about one plus sized model that was a size 14, I would love to be a size 14 again, heck I had a nice midriff baring two piece I wore at size 14 to the beach and got many flirtatious remarks when wearing it. Ashley was plus pus sized and did not dress well for her size.
I am sure she is a nice person and can dress people, I just didn't like the looks, heck I did not like most of the looks and all those different skirts that were see through, no one on the street or even the evenings dress like that.

Alisons

01-10-2003

Friday, November 06, 2015 - 11:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alisons a private message Print Post    
I thought that this was a great season right up to the finale, but I think that the finale collections of the three runners up all went somewhat awry. I think that the judges did explain pretty clearly what went wrong - when you give someone a short time and a focus on what to make, you see the potential, but sending them off on their own meant the person with the most consistent vision ended up winning.

I think that the seeds of Candice's vampire bordello collection were evident all season long and I made the point earlier that when you view one thing at a time, it is cool, but put it all together and it looks like a vampire funeral.

Edmund's best looks all season looked pretty off the rack to me. And the ruffles looked pretty derivative as well.

I love Kelly and her looks but I think the collection came across as very junior. I think she will probably end up with a mentor out of this at least and I think she will do well.

I think Ashley almost won by default. If any of the others had knocked it out of the park, I don't know that she would have won. But she did have a specific vision and all season long emphasized that she was more ready to wear - and that she was never able to wear the kind of clothes that she wanted to. I thought that her collection was good and I think would have been generally better received if people were more used to looking at plus sized models. The same collection on regular models would have looked more competitive with the other collections.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, November 06, 2015 - 12:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I'm a plus sized woman and I wouldn't wear anything in Ashley's collection (except maybe that blue dress that had the mesh bands - but that is a big maybe). Of course I am also too old to wear those clothes but I don't think I would have been wearing them when I was younger either.

And that finale dress - satin with glued on flowers - that thing would put POUNDS on women who don't need the pounds.

I loved Candace's clothes but think she should have maybe used a lot less of the red. In my imagination I would wear all of Candace's clothes and rock them...LOL!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, November 06, 2015 - 3:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I agree, that last dress made that girl look huge! plus it was glued! It was nice kkarma seeing the girls that had dismissed her at the beginning of the season sitting in the audience.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, November 06, 2015 - 9:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Uggggh

I've been Team Kelly all season and I just think she is so unique and growing and growing and they just felt they had to make a statement with Ashley.. no detracting from her but, oh.. I'm not plus size now and never was Ashley's size but certainly plus for many parts of my life, starting with the dreaded "chubette" section when I was a pre teen and as an adult I don't think I'd be attracted to her designs. I was happy with her being final two but I just wanted Kelly from the Deli to win all that stuff and I think she'd have gotten more out of it, too.. I love how hard she works, how matter of fact and not dramatic.. personifies "make it work"..

I agree that it WAS good that the dismissive girls, mostly were in the audience but after that there were weeks when I frankly thought Ashley could have gone home and was kept.

And most of the models.. plus size models are really not plus sized for the most part. My cousin was Miss Vermont and 9th place in whatever national pageant and was signed by Ford and ended up being a plus size model which was a JOKE. She wasn't the least bit plus, just not emaciated (as models were back then) and she did print modelling but at times they wanted to pad her and she finally just didn't think it was worth it and felt like it was a lie to portray her as plus size as if some of the clothing would really be flattering to a real plus size woman..

I DID think some of her models were more legit plus size but not even close to Ashley's size, for instance.
I agree about the glued on flowers... I was pretty stunned when that walked down the aisle as her finale...

Anyway it was a pretty good season and I didn't loath..

I also like Candice's more than they did.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Friday, November 06, 2015 - 9:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
The glued on flower skirt and cape looked like a lamp shade I'd find in my grandmother's house. All they needed was a lightbulb in the crotch to make it complete.

I also thought Kelly's was the best, and I say that as someone who has liked Edmund's stuff all season. In the finale, though, he fell kinda flat and Kelly's work looked like the natural evolution of her journey. I hated hated hated her hideous extensions, though. They made her look like a trashier, less inspired version of Amy Winehouse.

The only things I really liked in Candice's collection was the print dress, which is the most un-Candice like of all the pieces. I just find her stuff so severe, it almost looks like a parody of fashion design.

Oh, while I'm being nasty, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention that hideous jacket Edmund wore. Those shoulders! And the flaps! And the American flag...scarf? Sash? Whatever it was...it was terrible.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, November 06, 2015 - 10:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Oh, Tisha!! Can I say how happy I am to see you posting?

I almost wish they'd let Tim go do a makeover on some of the designers.. I'd like to see what he'd have done with Kelly and her hair!! Ashley too. Candice probably wouldn't let them touch her oh so severe hair and well the flag.. yeah..

And Candace was wearing one of those skirts she included a few weeks back that had the stupid thick band below the waist and while she is really slim, it didn't look good on her, either.

I hope Kelly does get a mentor.