TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 09, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: General Discussion (Various Shows): ARCHIVES: Archive through October 09, 2015 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, July 24, 2015 - 5:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I know Chieko, I thought so too but I can't find it, LOL.

Sammi

03-31-2008

Wednesday, July 29, 2015 - 1:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sammi a private message Print Post    
What has happened to "Biggest Looser"? haven't heard or read anything about that show lately.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, August 03, 2015 - 11:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
American Idol fans, and specifically Constantine Maroulis fans from season 4....Has anybody seen him in the new Lazy Boy furniture commercials with Brooke Shields? It's pretty funny.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, August 22, 2015 - 10:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
why has no one told me about America's next weatherman!
this reality show is hysterical, if it is a reality show, not sure, that contestants are so cartoony, and the various people on stage - ridiculous newsman, pretentious judges giving Paula Abdul like advice - move your hands from your center to the outside, that way you are a big man and can reach outside yourself.
The test are beyond ridiculous, I love it! TBS on demand and on Saturday night
see who can smile for the longest even if there is a bad fart in the room, or stand in a box under hurricane winds.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, August 23, 2015 - 2:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, Sadiesmom, I meant to come here last week and talk about it then, totally forgot until I saw it again last night. It is so bad that I can't stop watching it.

It is on at 11pm here which tells me how much TBS thinks it is going to go for another season. The premise is hysterical and their tests crack me up.

Did you see the hurricane one? I was dying laughing.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, August 23, 2015 - 4:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I don't know if much can top then having to smile when the guy was hammering a nail into his nose , then pulled it out and licked it!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 1:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
the americas next weatherman - someone pointed out it was from Funny or die, so I am thinking this is not a reality show.
from variety
TV Review: Funny or Die Presents ‘America’s Next Weatherman’
Building a spoof element into a reality-TV competition seems fraught with peril, but “America’s Next Weatherman” pretty deftly navigates those currents, with Matt Oberg (“The Comedians”) playing a weird, off-kilter host while almost everyone else appears deadly earnest about what’s transpiring. If not as inspired or elaborate as, say, “The Joe Schmo Show,” the approach does deliver some laughs, thanks largely to the puzzled reaction shots and absurd stunts the contestants must endure. That said, it’s another matter whether anyone sober enough to get the gag is apt to see it, scheduled as it is at 11 p.m. Saturdays.

On face, everything about “Weatherman” looks like the usual made-for-TV competition, with the candidates vying for cash and a shot on CNN, and two veterans of the Los Angeles TV market, Johnny Mountain and Jillian Barberie, on hand to assess their work. That’s playfully undermined, however, by Oberg’s deadpan lines as the host, at one point referring to himself as “sexually nonthreatening,” and later portentously telling the players that the loser of an elimination contest will be “gone … with the wind.”

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 2:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
hahaha, well that explains why it is so bad, LOL.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, August 30, 2015 - 3:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I caught up on "Weatherman". How fun and silly! LOL
I recognized the comedienne playing the crazy producer in the headset. She also did an episode of "Drunk History". She was the drunk story teller and boy did she get smashed.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, August 31, 2015 - 10:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
If anyone misses Simon Cowell and the X Factor, this year's X Factor UK is airing the day after UK broadcast on a channel called AXS. (The channel's new to me but might have been a round for ages.)

Episode 1 and 2 have aired and are now repeating, new shows are Sunday and Monday. Also if you really get into it it has a side show called The XTra Factor, which is also airing day after broadcast.

There's an amazing act in Episode 2, so it might be worth watching that one on rerun.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Sunday, September 06, 2015 - 7:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
We found America's Next Weatherman by accident while we were in a hotel. Total spoof and great fun.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, September 06, 2015 - 8:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
It is pretty funny, I happened upon it again last night, LOL.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, September 09, 2015 - 9:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Okay, I could have sworn I started a thread for Stewarts & Hamiltons a few weeks back when the show started. Can't seem to find it now. I thought it would be under Family Shows, but it's not there. I really enjoyed this show. Amazing the relationship between George and Alana after all these years. It actually made me almost like Kimberly Stewart, too.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, September 09, 2015 - 10:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I wondered about it BJ. I guess I'll have a chance to watch BC I'm sure it will re play a few thousand times. Did it get picked up for a second season?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, September 11, 2015 - 3:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
No idea, Lakecat. I can't imagine that many people were watching it. I did enjoy it. It was a refreshing alternative to those nasty Kardashians. I'm so tired of them.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, September 14, 2015 - 12:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Did they not do the next top designer show this summer on HGTV or the one that Ellen Degenourous did on furniture design?

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Monday, September 21, 2015 - 5:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Baby max, I've watched Stewart's and Hamiltons...they are the modern day blended family, of sorts. I liked the show well enough.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, September 23, 2015 - 8:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Reality series "Starting Over" from a number of years ago was mentioned in another thread. First year (best?) the house was located in Chicago. On one of the excursions, they took housemate Nyanza Davis to an Easter Seals center in the 'burbs. The center hoped she would do legal work for them, but Ny wasn't interested in that -- she wanted to work with children.

I did then and still do live just a couple blocks from the center. Many many years ago when the center was in another location in town, I did volunteer work (office) for them. I also interviewed at the current location for a paying job. Didn't get it.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, October 06, 2015 - 3:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Does anybody know where I can find The 90 Day Fiancé tbread?

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, October 06, 2015 - 3:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Never mind.

Peapod

01-31-2004

Tuesday, October 06, 2015 - 5:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Peapod a private message Print Post    
Starting Over---sigh--- still miss this show. RIP Mo

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Tuesday, October 06, 2015 - 9:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
Peapod, I liked that show too. I was in touch with Teresa for a little while.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, October 09, 2015 - 10:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I went on True TV to see if there is a new fake off and wandering into a punk show by David Spade - I am always amazed at how people think he is talented, I find him just annoying, so I thought give it a chance, The show was labeled 108, like they had 8 previous shows, but only one out there, I can't believe it got past the first show, it was abut punking people with fake tv competitions. and it just was tedious, if I were't so tired, I would have gotten up and used the clicker to shut it off, but I was half asleep, so let it be on. It is called fameless, just avoid it, and I watch bad reality shows, this was the pits.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, October 09, 2015 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
LOL...that's funny the way you described it. On the other hand, one sleepless night I clicked on something about nail salons - and these were some SERIOUS nails (can people really worked with all that bling on their nails...and how much does that stuff cost?). I've almost been tempted to try and remember which sleepless night it was on so I can watch it again (and it was a back to back to back to back...marathon).

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, October 09, 2015 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Roxip, it was probably LA Nail, on We channel.