TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
MasterChef Junior (Season 4)

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Cooking Shows: MasterChef Junior (Season 4) users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through January 16, 2016Kookliebird25 01-16-16  11:07 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, January 16, 2016 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yes, and his presence and demeanor can be very intimidating, so that just rattles them more.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Saturday, January 16, 2016 - 12:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
This was the first time I've seen this show and I enjoyed it a lot. I am in awe of those young children being so disciplined and self assured of themselves as young chefs. They all did a fantastic job at preparing those meals.

I look forward to the finale.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Friday, January 22, 2016 - 7:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Not surprised to see Addison in the finale. She will probably win. Avery is reallyg good, too.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Friday, January 22, 2016 - 10:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Pigs ears? At 12 ? I've never eaten let alone made pork belly, but I've heard of it, seen it made in tv comp shows. But pigs ears? Not buying it!

Granjan

05-10-2011

Saturday, January 23, 2016 - 1:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
I thought it was pretty mean to have pig ears in the competition, compared to the other cuts.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Saturday, January 23, 2016 - 8:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Avery might take this. She's quiet, but cooks so well. Either one winning will be good.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, January 23, 2016 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Aside from being great cooks, I can't get over how intelligent these kids are and their ability at such a young age. They're probably good at everything they do.

This is a fun show to watch!

Rvon

12-11-2003

Saturday, January 23, 2016 - 9:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
Not surprised Addison is in the finals, as I have thought she would be the winner right from the very beginning because she got so much face time.

I didn't watch this episode but I'll be rooting for Avery.

Rubyroo77

08-12-2005

Saturday, January 23, 2016 - 10:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rubyroo77 a private message Print Post    
Granjan, I agree with you. That was so unfair!

I thought it was wrong to send Kia (sp) home last week, too. I thought the little girl with the glasses and long dark hair should have gone. She was a mess at Gordon's house. She was also on celebrity masterchef with Addison and Zach this week, she looked like she didn't know what to do.

I can't believe that a thin pigs ear that was braised for 40 minutes and then cut up and deep fried was not cook all the way. Sorry, I don't buy it.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, January 23, 2016 - 11:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I really thought Zac and Addison should have been the final two.

I don't think they should have these comps with the kids that encourage them to sabotage the best competitors.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Saturday, January 23, 2016 - 1:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
I haven't been able to put my finger on it, yet, but I do not care for Addison. Will not be hoping she wins. I liked Zac and think he did an amazing job all season.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, January 23, 2016 - 3:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I'm not fond of the advantages that are used to target the better chefs.. the winner can say they made it to the endzone due to offensive and defensive players who helped them clear the field but they cannot say they are the best cook, just maybe the best or luckiest manipulator.

Of course they are playing by the rules set up, so play they will.

This sort of teaches kids that friendship must be cast aside in order to win and loyalty may take you down.

I think Addison hoped to go against the youngest girl and thus gave her what seemed to be the easiest cut of pork but that didn't work out for her. I'll be rooting for her opponent.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, January 23, 2016 - 3:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I have to agree. It doesn't bother me as much with adults, but it really bothers me when they teach kids that the way to get ahead is to put obstacles in other people's path.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, January 23, 2016 - 3:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Even the kids, for the most part, seem to be bothered by it and mention that so and so is my friend. Not so much the older kids and certainly not the adults.

I just think final four was NOT the time or place for that kind of crap.

Maybe that is why Addison is a bit grating.. all season she has stressed that she MUST win to open up her restaurant. How about continuing with childhood for a few more years at this stage of her life? At least she didn't just give herself the easiest cut of meat but chose to challenge herself a bit.

Florin

08-27-2006

Saturday, January 23, 2016 - 3:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Florin a private message Print Post    
I was rooting for Addison and Avery. My 9 year old granddaughter is also named Avery. Although I liked all of the final 4 and would have been ok for any of them to make the final 2. I did like how Gordon did tell Zac what he needed to do so that the pig ears would have been done. That he needed to bread them which would have had required longer cooking time.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Saturday, January 23, 2016 - 11:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I kind of thought Addison gave Zac the ears because she thought he'd be able to handle them more so than the girls.

I think she is a very mature team spirited kid and has always seemed supportive of the others. Yes she wants to win to open her bakery but they all want to win.

That said I totally agree that they should throw out the advantages in the Junior edition. I would have preferred to see them all cook the same cut.

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 8:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
This season was set up for a girl to win, Zac didn't have a chance. Hence the Pig ears....

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 11:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Jasper, her confessional said something about how much she liked him, but that he was her biggest competition, so that's why she gave him the pig ears.

And that's just why I think he and Addison should be in the finals, because they were the two best consistently throughout the season.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 12:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
See, I though Avery was the underdog all season and was glad to see that she rose to the challenge.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 4:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Jasper I heard what Kar did.. nothing about him being able to handle them.. just that he was her biggest competition, thus the pig ears.

I am not blaming her. The advantage is set up to be used to help eliminate, so she used it. I fault production for the advantages and the pig ears.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, January 31, 2016 - 8:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Well, that's a bummer.. I really wanted Avery to win. As soon as Gordon said something about the future of cooking, I knew she had won. Funny but I'd rather eat in the past, I guess.

Also just liked Avery's confessional so much more.. she didn't say she HAD to win like Addison did and said she'd be proud either way.

But of course pretty darned impressive what each of them did, for sure.

I will miss Graham on this show so much.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, January 31, 2016 - 8:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I was happy with the Addison win. She's an impressive young lady!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, January 31, 2016 - 9:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I haven't seen it yet but I'm sure that I'll be happy with Addison winning. I agree that she is an impressive young lady. Of course, I liked Avery as well. These kids are bright, fun and wonderful.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, January 31, 2016 - 9:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Well they each did amazing things on the finale. Three courses.

Florin

08-27-2006

Monday, February 01, 2016 - 12:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Florin a private message Print Post    
I would have been happy with either of them winning. Although since my granddaughter is named Avery and also 9 I was rooting for her. LOL For me I really enjoy watching kids cook. They really do try and help each other and are not jealous of each other. They are more fun to watch then the adults.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Monday, February 01, 2016 - 11:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Addison showed great leadership skills. Avery fantastic too. Both parents should be proud.

Starr

07-09-2005

Sunday, February 07, 2016 - 12:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Starr a private message Print Post    
Just saw Addison on Home and Family this past week, she was telling the story of how she almost didn't make it on Masterchef Jr. Just before taping, she was at home cleaning an immersion blender, reached in without unplugging it and chopped a finger pretty good. I thought she said 28 stitches?! Lesson learned, of course, always unplug your appliances!

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Monday, February 08, 2016 - 10:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Those immersion blenders are a great help in the kitchen but are very scary.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, February 08, 2016 - 2:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Just what every 9 year old requires, I guess.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Monday, February 08, 2016 - 2:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
I probably use mine more than any other small appliance. I make the best omelets beating/whipping my eggs.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: