TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 23, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Fashion Design/Modeling/Pageant Shows: Project Runway Season 14: Archive through October 23, 2015 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, October 16, 2015 - 2:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Hiding any results, since I just started watching the show..

Merline make me crazy.. she sees in 3D.. well yes, most of us with depth perception do. Maybe she means she hallucinates..

Back..I was so worried Tim might use hid save on Merline.. whew.

I liked Edmond's and Candice's a lot.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, October 16, 2015 - 2:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Ashley does seem depressed.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, October 16, 2015 - 2:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I would also pick Edmond, Candice and Kelly as final three but also think Tim is saving his 'save' for Ashley if she is sent home.

I feel sorry for the more established designers like Edmond and Candice because this season has shown a real shift from the usual designers, many of whom have already established a clientale for themselves in their own cities/regions. This season, IMHO, they seem to have gone more for the self-taught home-sewing designer. Not saying they don't have talent but there is definitely a lack of knowledge.

I remember a season where the designers needed to know how much fabric they would need, the cost, what it could sell for, etc. and the majority of this group (with the exception of Edmond, Candice and Swapnil) would have been so lost.

Earlier this season, I was blaming the selection of designers on Mondo. Now I think the producers intended to go this route all along considering the lower budget we've seen signs of.

For Candice and Edmond, this is still a great stroke of publicity for the businesses they have already established in their hometowns and you never know who might want to hire them.

I love all these designers as people! They are all so nice and yet there's plenty of suspense and tension! Love it!

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, October 16, 2015 - 6:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Nappy, I told a friend early this season that Mondo had too much input in choosing this cast.
Tim Gunn has insisted that the designers sew (although there was a lady who just pinned garments once) they were going to have sewing help in the beginning and Gunn managed to stop that nonsense. I think I read that in his book.
I think part of the problem is the sponsors they have anymore. Remember the Denny's old icky uniform challenge? I wasn't impressed with the 3D stuff this week.
I did like it when the designers were able to create their own fabric. Not that they were all pretty, interesting or turned out well, but I thought it was cool.
Wonder what would happen if in addition to showing a few samples of their work and a book if they made the designers take a basic skills sewing test? Asked them some questions about fabrics, techniques and time management.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, October 16, 2015 - 8:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
there has to be a limit on the save, really, I think it is too late in the show to use it.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, October 16, 2015 - 11:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
It seems like it would be late for the save, but they haven't said it is dead yet.

And of course we know the top 6 actually did collections anyway, so it is more about who officially was in contention.

Spoton

09-16-2005

Friday, October 16, 2015 - 11:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spoton a private message Print Post    
I think Ashley is just a quiet person, especially compared to most of the others. I don't see depressed or that she has given up. Liked her joking about how she thought her 3d looked like egg slicers - ha! And I totally did not get the whole 3d thing. None of the dresses would have suffered if that had been left out. Well, maybe Candice did use it well. I liked her red dress, but I could not get Jessica Rabbit out of my head when I looked at it.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, October 18, 2015 - 12:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
It was just product placement for those printers.. and they are very expensive and cool. If any of them had been familiar with them they might have designed and produced jewelry for the outfits.

I didn't think any of the outfits was terrible and in fact thought they were mostly pretty good.

It would help Merline to learn sewing and tailoring..

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, October 18, 2015 - 10:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I definitely noticed no hug for Swapnil when he left Uncle Ricky. Tim didn't seem to care for him. I've never seen Tim speak as harshly with any other designer from any season.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, October 20, 2015 - 9:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Why was Tim Gunn's face so blotchy and red either this week or the week before? It looked like either a bad sunburn or that he had a cold and had been blowing his nose so much that his area beneath his nose and around his mouth was irritated and pink.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, October 20, 2015 - 10:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Roxip, he has "acne rosacea". He talked about it on that doctor talk show:

http://www.thedoctorstv.com/videos/tim-gunn-s-skin-question

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, October 20, 2015 - 11:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Oh okay. I was wondering because he usually has such nice skin.

Idolworship

05-07-2003

Tuesday, October 20, 2015 - 2:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Idolworship a private message Print Post    
I've often been tempted, but am always too lazy, to actually count the product references, placements, and commercials, on Project Runway. Each episode must certainly have 75 to 100...and yet, I still love the show;).

Texasgirl

07-14-2013

Thursday, October 22, 2015 - 7:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasgirl a private message Print Post    
I predict that Tim Gunn will use his Tim Gunn save.

I really like Kelly and I hope she or Edmund end up winning. I like Ashley, too. Candice just rubs me the wrong way, and her dress was so boring!

Well darn it, I'm sad Edmund left. His dress was awful though. Still rooting for Kelly!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, October 22, 2015 - 8:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Didn't Tim use his save on Edmund? I can't believe he would be eliminated!! Show is coming on here in about 45.

Roblover

05-17-2011

Thursday, October 22, 2015 - 8:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
I thought Tim would use the save on Edmund too but unless they are trying to fool us, the previews for next week do not show Tim visiting Edmund's home. May just be misdirection though. I cannot believe they would let Edmund go. Up until this week I have loved what he created. If he is not saved by Tim, I want Candice to win.

Texasgirl

07-14-2013

Thursday, October 22, 2015 - 8:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasgirl a private message Print Post    
I did think it was odd that Tim didn't say goodbye to Edmund at the end of the show, sending him off to the work room to pack up his stuff. They always seem to end with the dramatic light switch. He probably was saved.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, October 22, 2015 - 9:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Best Western Hotels.....doesn't seem like a "red carpet" sponsor, LOL.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, October 22, 2015 - 9:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Tim didnt say good bye because next weeks ep will open with Tim saving him

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, October 22, 2015 - 9:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LMAO at the scene with the girls sewing and Kelly just talking on and on, it had me laughing so hard.

And I can't believe they are still showing this Rachel Zoe show!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, October 22, 2015 - 9:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ashley's dress looks great even with the strap, love the fabric.

Kelly's is a nice jumpsuit but I can't think of any red carpets where it would work.

Candice's dress is very pretty but I don't think it is anything new or special, just a fancy black dress.

Oh, I actually like Edmond's dress it would work perfect for the MTV or one of those type red carpets.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, October 22, 2015 - 9:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Pamy I am sure that is what will happen.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, October 23, 2015 - 6:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I agree. I thought Edmond's dress was unbelievably tacky and cheap looking but still think he will get the save. What happened to him? His black dress of a couple of weeks ago was much better than this thing.

I loved Ashley's dress, even with its flaws. Candice's dress was safe but it was beautiful. Kelly's dress didn't fit what I think of normally as red carpet but I can see where it would fit into a more edgier event (although my daughter pointed out that there was no way Katy Perry could fit into it - her "girls" are way too big!).

Idolworship

05-07-2003

Friday, October 23, 2015 - 6:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Idolworship a private message Print Post    
Jumped the shark, they did.;) I figured the Tim Gunn Save would be used, but dropped the thought, after Heidi officially auf wiedersehen-ed him.

Edmond will probably win the whole thing. His clothes are beautiful.

Granjan

05-10-2011

Friday, October 23, 2015 - 9:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
There could still be a save for Edmond. I remember one season, Tim used the save after the person was gone.