TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 09, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Fashion Design/Modeling/Pageant Shows: Project Runway Season 14: Archive through October 09, 2015 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, October 02, 2015 - 1:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thank you Kappy, I can't believe how easy it is to tell whose collection is whose!

Reader234

08-13-2000

Friday, October 02, 2015 - 2:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Some of those are horrible! Bibs?! Lol
Fanny Packs? Seriously? Just. No, not on a runway!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, October 02, 2015 - 5:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
If by "bib" you are referring to the constant extra piece of hanging fabric, I am so with you!

For anyone who doesn't want to be spoiled, the numbered lists above (1: swapnil, 2: merlene, etc.) are simply relating to the collection of photos given from Fashion Week and have NOTHING to do with scores! You're safe!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, October 02, 2015 - 6:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Pretty bad..

Roxip

01-29-2004

Saturday, October 03, 2015 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I just don't think of Kelly in the same terms as "high fashion." I think she has a unique style but I think it is much more juniors than it is for grown women. Ashley will have an amazing career as the designer of trendy clothes for larger women (I'm in that category although her clothes don't suit my style). What I like about her clothes is that she doesn't make them skin-tight, which so many designers do for larger women. The last thing I want is for my fat rolls to be featured!

I think Edward and Candice are much more "high fashion" type designers. I like Merline but I think her designs fall into the "quirky" style more than what you see on the runway...unless you follow Kanye's style. I think every once in a while she hits on something extraordinary but she isn't consistent.

Swapnil's clothing can be beautiful but it is too ornate for my personal taste. I notice that Indian women tend to prefer beautiful, rich fabrics and very decorated clothing so I suspect that is what he is comfortable in designing. I don't know how that would transfer into the American market - I think it would be better for an older classification of buyers rather than the "younger" styles shown in American fashion. But I'm not a fashionista so I might just be talking out of the top of my head...LOL!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, October 03, 2015 - 7:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Candices dress was awful!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, October 03, 2015 - 7:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I don't think of Project Runway in terms of high fashion most of the time but some of them this season seem pretty untrained..

Roxip

01-29-2004

Sunday, October 04, 2015 - 12:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I liked Candice's basic top but what was she thinking with that scarf collar? And that extra ruffle on the skirt was horrific...who would want that around their hips? What is that old adage...remove something on your way out? She didn't remove anything!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, October 04, 2015 - 12:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Roxip, I agree on Candice's. I guess when she decided to take away the peplum she felt like she had to add something, and that wasn't helpful.

If only they knew this challenge would be won by something so basic..

There really is no one of this bunch who makes my heart sing seeing their creations .. and in the past there have been such designers.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, October 04, 2015 - 5:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Tish usually posts the pics from a site that tells us who they are. I think its Tom & Lorenzo but I dont see any new fashion week pics there yet

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, October 05, 2015 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I have to give Ashley credit - she went from having a hospital gown to having the cutest outfit out of the group. And it was also very "basic." Some times these designers really overthink and over-complicate their designs.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, October 05, 2015 - 4:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Ain't that the truth. candices outfit.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Thursday, October 08, 2015 - 8:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Project Runway tonight - I'll admit, I was cheering Tim Gunn - tell it like it is! It sure seems like Candice has been almost coddling him, she confuses me, she seems all over the place -

and I really thought the judges had it right (I forget which one, was it Heidi, or Nina) That Ashley was getting overwhelmed (and of course now i completely drew a blank with the words they used, and it has been what I've been thinking, she's so young, that I think she is letting others get in her head)

Her outfit - why does she keep choosing such prints? and always purple - it matches her hair, but not her client! I really thought they would send her home, and Tim Gunn would use a save on her (at least she's getting some experience on the show? With deadlines, work etc)

Roblover

05-17-2011

Thursday, October 08, 2015 - 9:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
Reader, I think the judges said Ashley choked (which is the same as froze). I think she did because she knew they would say this was her challenge to win. Felt for her as I used to have a tendency to also choke when I was younger playing sports.

I really like how Candice handles herself and her compassion for the other contestants. It must be confusing for them because they are always being told to "step it up" "go for it" but when they do, they are criticized for doing too much.

I was confused about Zac's response to Swapnil tonight. At first Zac was very hard on Swapnil with his comments but then I thought I saw Zac appear to be teary eyed when Swapnil was upset. I will have to watch it again. Maybe something was said that was edited out?

I want Edmond to win. Like him and like his designs.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, October 08, 2015 - 9:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, " I am praying to all my 10,000 gods", Swapnil made me laugh.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, October 08, 2015 - 10:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I am laughing at you guys, you have really good comments and then no one says who won and who went home, LOL.

Normally on this challenge they get criticized for not being themselves, and doing what the client wants. This time it seems like they tried to put themselves and their clients wants into the designs, so they got criticized for that.

I didn't really see any outfits that I liked, oh wait, I did think the overalls were pretty cute.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, October 08, 2015 - 10:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ahhh, so Kelly won for the overalls. Edmond and Merline are also in.

So now we have Ashley, Swapnil, Candice in the bottom.

Hopefully it will be Swapnil leaving tonight.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, October 08, 2015 - 10:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Swapnil is out! And they kept Ashley and Candice.

That was a close one.

Good comment about Ashley's clothes matching her hair, I hadn't realized that, but so true. She needs to branch out on her fabric choices.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, October 08, 2015 - 11:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I thought Merline's was terrible as well. All they talked about is how changed the crew member looked and that was because of her hair - not the outfit. Ayeee - frustrating to listen to the judges at times.

I liked Edmond's raincoat after he made the adjustments. I think he blew it by making a dress to go under it instead of pants and a top - something she could ride her bike in.

I noticed Kelly left off her bright lipstick and wore beige instead. Is that why Nina commented that she had toned things down as in not just her design but in her own appearance as well?

I agree about Ashley's prints - I have yet to like one she has picked.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, October 08, 2015 - 11:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Without even reading first, the minute Ashley picked up that print I was thinking WTH? It was worse than last week's print! and what was she thinking with the way she handled someone who is her designated customer?

Swapnil just seems comatose much of the time, checked out.. and it showed. He's fast but he was off the mark.

Merline had to be beaten about the head and shoulders, not once, but twice, by her model to finally get a marginally decent top, though it wasn't finished, really. And she tried hard to ram the football linebacker shoulders onto that woman.. but luckily she just wasn't buying it. So annoying.

And Candice is better than that dress..

Kelly really rocked this comp!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, October 09, 2015 - 6:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I liked the dress Ashley made first for the client (yes, even with the horrible print) better than the one she sent down the runway. I thought it flattered her client a lot more than the peblum (and I personally have peblums - so much so I'm not even sure I'm spelling the word right!).

I detested Kelly's overalls but understood why she won the challenge (I just personally thought they were impractical and ugly but if the woman liked them then who am I to say?).

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, October 09, 2015 - 8:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I think Swapnil deliberately tanked himself because he did not enjoy the whole show. YOu could see how much each thing annoyed im.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, October 09, 2015 - 9:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I don't think Swapnil was enjoying himself and I do feel like he gave up.

Granjan

05-10-2011

Friday, October 09, 2015 - 9:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
Basically, the whole thing was a train wreck. Just my opinion.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, October 09, 2015 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I was very surprised that this deep in the season there were so many fails. I think this assignment really caused them a great deal of stress...they wanted to please people that TPTB really wanted to please and yet they were supposed to show their own design aesthetic. I never thought about it but working with models must be so much easier because they simply do not care because they get paid to wear the clothes.