TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 02, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Fashion Design/Modeling/Pageant Shows: Project Runway Season 14: Archive through October 02, 2015 users admin

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, September 19, 2015 - 12:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Its taken me a few years to get really comfortable on Twitter. Ironically, I learned how to use it at Reality Rally. Cowboy from Beauty and the Geek was so patient with me and explained how the # works.

That's my fav part of twitter. you search by the # and then see all the posts regarding that. It's like having a TVCH thread, of course TVCH threads are way better!!

During BB this year my main search was #BB17. You can see people commenting and talking about BB. You can see fans like us and past HG posts.

Last week on Fear the Walking Dead, someone said a line that I found funny. I thought let me put that line into twitter and see if anyone else is posting about it yep! LOL

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, September 19, 2015 - 2:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yep, Twitter is good for that IMO, more than just looking at your own Twitter with all you follow.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, September 19, 2015 - 6:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
OK, next week I am going to see Justin LeBlanc at a gala next weekend and some of his stuff is up for auction. If you want me to put in a bid for you, let me know.
If you want pictures of his dress on display, let me know.
http://www.inclusionproject.org/justin-leblanc-designs-at-the-champions-gala/

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, October 01, 2015 - 8:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
My VCR ate my tape of last weeks show, so I am watching it now.

I am always amazed when I realize there are many people in the world who haven't seen a play. I took my sister to see Book of Mormon last year, she was 48 and had never seen a play before and really enjoyed it.

Much like some of these designers.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, October 01, 2015 - 9:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, that outfit Kelly made was terrible, LOL.

Don't like Candice's either. Ashley's is ok, but she is really not doing that well lately.

Laurie, this is very nice, love the skirt, not so much the top. Who is the fab girl anyway.

Oh, Edmond's is nice, but I think they will say it has been seen before.

LOL, no highs and lows since they all disagreed so much.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, October 01, 2015 - 10:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh good, Nina doesn't like Kellies either, LOL. And she killed cookie monster, hahahahaha.

Nina not fond of Candice's top with the double scarf, but thinks she might be able to make it work. But I bet it is not commercially viable.

Merlin's is odd as well. Oh, her theme was romance. Heidi doesn't like it because of the construction.

Ashley...girl next door....Oh my, Heidi really likes the look...Zach doesn't like it, he and Heidi argue. Nina only likes the jacket. One of the guest judges loves it, the other one doesn't and now they took the jacket off. and they all really love it, the top is really cute in the back

Edmond...Zach says the dress is already out there, in a million versions, Edmond defends it. Heidi likes it and so does Nina, they both comment on the fact that it is very commercial and would sell online.

Laurie...modern classic...Heidi is unhappy because the top is so see-through, Zach doesn't like it. Nina says you can't shop it online.

Swapnil...bombshell....his dress is leopard print. LOL, Nina didn't like the butt flap, hahahaha. They really don't like the little jacket thingie. One judge loves the dress and the jacket and says the jacket won't sell.

Everyone seem to like the dress without the jacket.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, October 01, 2015 - 10:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I think the winner will depend on who the heck the fabgirl is, is this a site for teens or young adults? Ashley's will work for teens, Swapnils for the older girls, I can totally see the K=girls wearing that dress, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, October 01, 2015 - 10:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Zach has had it with Swapnil, the ladies say Laurie or Merline should go.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, October 01, 2015 - 10:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Edmond wins for the red bandaid dress.

They admonished Swapnil.

And Laurie is out!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, October 01, 2015 - 10:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
And I think that Tim is saving his save in case something happens to Ashley, JMO.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, October 01, 2015 - 10:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
AND OMG, what is this hot mess that RAchel Zoe is trying to do. Is this supposed to be an alternate to fashion police?

And why does RAchel have to make up strange words, I just can't deal with her anymore. I used to like her show on styling, but now I can't deal with it.

I swear I want to start being picky, like please cut your hair and start talking normally. Use your words, LOL>

Roblover

05-17-2011

Thursday, October 01, 2015 - 11:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
Dipo, I have also been catching up on the shows. Looks like Edmond, Ashley, and Candice will be the final contestants. Next week Swapnil gets into it with Tim Gunn....thinking Swapnil wants to be eliminated :-).

Since tv was on after Runway and I was doing other stuff I had Rachel Zoe's new show on in the background.....that show is embarrassingly bad. I have had no desire to see her other show based on the previews of it I have seen. She comes across to me as being very shallow and immature. Sometimes I wonder how certain people become famous.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, October 02, 2015 - 12:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think Tim might also save Kelly.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Friday, October 02, 2015 - 6:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Good job Dipo!

My thoughts on Ashley - she has no confidence in herself, tonight I was reminded on how she was picked last for the team - and she just has seemed so quiet since then. I did like when she stated she wants to design for the Big Woman. Would like to see that! Tim's critique was the pattern she picked out did look like a hospital gown (as I've been having tests, I thought the same thing!)

Edmond - wasn't he the one that has tried out for PR 14 times? I love that he won, but I agree Dipo - bandaid dress, but it was more Kardashian worthy - - I mean I liked the criss cross pattern he attempted, but it didn't work out when they did a close up!

So far I think Tim has agreed with who goes home - and Swapmnil I was glad they put in Zach's comments about Swapnil - and Tim also talked to him about his design - that he has done it before...

I can't believe there are only 6 left! I don't think Ashley has the confidence to pull off a runway show - but I hope she does! Kelly, she's all over the place - but I do see Edmond taking it!

ITA with Rachel Zoe's show - so cheesy when she gave them those plaque cards trendy or not... or whatever words they used. I mean please did they really have to talk about 'Mom Jeans'??? SO BAD!

Susieqok

07-20-2010

Friday, October 02, 2015 - 7:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Susieqok a private message Print Post    
i am so glad to see everyone is thought the same thing of Rachel Zoe, just a bad show and why in the world his her husband sitting so far away all I can say it is awkward!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, October 02, 2015 - 8:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Edmond's dress is a dead ringer for my daughter's dress that she wore to homecoming (except it was black but it was available in red or royal blue). The straps on top were a little different but the dress itself was identical...and I paid $27 for it at JC Penney. I guess that means it is sale-able but it definitely has already been done!

I want Candice to go to Fashion Week. To me she has been consistently good if not excellent pretty much the entire season. She knows what her style is and she is consistent.

I have never seen Rachel Zoe's show before but watched a bit of it last night. Whoever thought she had enough charisma to carry out a show? She isn't very likeable.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Friday, October 02, 2015 - 8:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I think Edmond dress was perfect for the challenge. Glad he won. Perfect piece to be mass-produced. I think Ashley could have won but I see why she didn't. They would have to mass-produce all 3 pieces. Edmond's was more bang for their buck. In another challenge with different parameters he would not have won.

Who do you think Tim has his meltdown over??? I'm guessing Swapnil.

I think Tim is saving his save for either Edmond or Ashley... and frankly I hope Edmond wins. I love his story... he's tried out for the show since Season 1... I really love him.

I love Ashley as well... and I do think she'll be there at the end.

Rachel Zoe... TRAGIC! Seriously WHO talks like that??? I can't believe a woman her age uses the word "Tots" as in totally... UGH. Her show is so bad it's comical... I agree... why DOES her husband sit on the sidelines????

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, October 02, 2015 - 9:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I just assumed that Swapnil, Candace and Edmond would make top three. But I also agree that Swapnil wants to be eliminated. A few weeks back, I almost thought he was daring them to keep him because his piece was so bad.

Having seen Swapnil's portfolio, I think he is disappointed with how things were run for this season. The budget is beyond cheap and quite a few of the designers are no where near his level if you have looked at his portfolio.

Many lack not only training but 'taste' and style as well. In past years Nina would have shred them for that but this season it's almost as if the judges realize they are dealing with 'home-grown-sewers' more then actual designers. I'm not putting these people down because I love Kelly and Ashley to death and think they can be extremely creative but I don't think either are any where near the level of designers that have competed in the past.

I do think it was Laurie's time to go. If you have to be told more then once to cover the boobs and you actually blame the model for not providing the right bra, it's your time.

There're at a point in the competition where they will all show at fashion week ~ they just might not be in the running to win.

As for the Zoe show ~ her drab monotone reminds me of Sheldon's 'map of the world' shows and the kind of thing that SNL would do a skit on. It's terrible!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, October 02, 2015 - 9:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
SPOILER ALERT ~ Fashion Week has already happened so here's a link to a sneak peek of one designer who showed. They don't say who the designer is but it's easy to figure out.

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/fashion/new-york-fashion-week-project-runway-show-season-14-finale-article-1.2357084

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, October 02, 2015 - 9:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
SPOILER ALERT ~ Here's a site with photos of the final six collections shown at Fashion Week.

http://bloggingprojectrunway.blogspot.com/2015/09/project-runway-season-14-finale.html

I love seeing the collections ahead of time because you still don't really know who the final three are and it's fun to guess who might win. No matter how much I'm spoiled, I still never miss the finale show as the pieces are so different when shown with the models actually moving in them.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Friday, October 02, 2015 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Kappy!!! Thank YOU for posting the link. I was just thinking this morning that someone should be posting the designer's collections soon.

My guess... 1: Swapnil, 2: Merlene, 3: Edmond, 4: Ashley, 5: Kelly, 6: Candace.

Panda

07-15-2005

Friday, October 02, 2015 - 10:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
I agree with your guesses!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, October 02, 2015 - 10:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Those headdresses are horrible!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, October 02, 2015 - 10:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
That's exactly the same as my list! Gosh we are smart people...LOL!

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Friday, October 02, 2015 - 11:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
I dislike the bib collection.