TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 16, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Talent/Variety Shows: America's Got Talent: ARCHIVES: Archive through September 16, 2015 users admin

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Wednesday, August 26, 2015 - 5:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
I have missed the entire season except for last night. I was SHOCKED and THRILLED to discover that Oz Pearlman has: a) auditioned for the show; and b) made it as far as he has!!

I know him from the other part of his life as a long-distance runner, specifically in the 100-mile event, which is my favorite. Later this year he will attempt to finish the Chicago Marathon in under 2 hours and 20 minutes, which will qualify him for next year's Olympic Trials and which should place him in the Top 20 of the people who finish the race in Chicago.

He is an amazing magician/mentalist AND an amazing long-distance runner and is quite simply one of the best ambassadors of our sport!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, August 26, 2015 - 9:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
That's fun for you, to know someone, Uncle Ricky! I hope he progresses to the final.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Friday, August 28, 2015 - 9:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
You and me both, Kitt! It's so bizarre to see Oz wearing something other than running clothes. He is an intensely driven person. I fully expect him to get the result he's after at the Chicago Marathon in October where only 20 or so runners will finish ahead of him and over 40,000 runners will finish behind him!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 10:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
They mentioned him running this week, Uncle Ricky! I threw him a few votes :-).

Other than that, I just voted for Siro-A and the final singer.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 9:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Drew Lynch made it through. And Oz and Ben Blount.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 9:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
And Derek Hughes! 5th was the Craig Lewis Band. Singers aren't getting much love this season.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Thursday, September 03, 2015 - 10:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
I was going to say that I can't believe Oz made it through (because people I like never advance as far as I want them to - isn't that always the case for most of us?).

Anyway, in addition to being thrilled he's in the finals, I'm also pretty sure that he has a pretty solid voting army behind him. He's been promoting himself heavily on all the high-traffic running websites. I have no doubt he's gotten a ton of votes from people who otherwise don't watch the show. He's been able to tap into millions of potential voters who will vote for him simply because he's a fellow runner.

Runners are a pretty tight-knit community and, for the most part, genuinely care for one another, especially ultramarathoners -- we feel each other's pain acutely because of the long distances we run and are therefore never anything less than encouraging of one another, regardless of skill level.

It's going to be very interesting to see how high Oz finishes!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, September 03, 2015 - 2:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I think he is amazing Uncle Ricky, I'm always wondering how does he do it. My final three would be him, Derek Hughes and Paul Zerdin. I'd go see a show with those three in it.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Thursday, September 03, 2015 - 6:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
I agree, Jasper. I think Oz's bookings are going to go through the roof (if they haven't already). And, Kitt, I forgot to say thanks for voting for Oz - every vote helps!

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Sunday, September 06, 2015 - 7:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Yay for the magicians/mentalists.

We were very surprised that Siro-A was cut.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, September 08, 2015 - 9:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I think Howard was sincere tonight when he told Paul Zerdin he would probably win it all. Zerdin was almost in tears. Yeah, I think he could.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 8:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Rope tricks? tsk tsk tsk

Rvon

12-11-2003

Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 10:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
They could leave the Human Regurgitator home. I don't care for his act at all. Not my cup of tea.

Nessietessie

02-03-2007

Wednesday, September 16, 2015 - 7:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nessietessie a private message Print Post    
Derek Hughes blew it with the rope trick last night. He was so much better than that. I hope Oz wins, I would pay to go see his show. Based on last nights show:
1. Oz
2. Paul Zerdin
3. The rest, not so much.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Wednesday, September 16, 2015 - 8:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
i agree - most under performed last night compared to past acts... I think Oz was great - and Drew will be in contention too - I even thought Paul wasnt totally up to par last night but still good - and hello PIFF - i TOTALLY saw the shadow when you switched the dog - NOT good at all.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, September 16, 2015 - 8:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Although we all saw the dog change, I don't think that spoilt the act because part of the joke was that the dog he was doing stuff with wasn't Piffles. His trick was what he did with the card, the rest is all his shtick. I like his shtick, but his magic isn't always that good.

Derek Hughes definitely blew it. I didn't think Drew's piece was so good this week. They were mostly solid but no one spectacular. I sprinkled my votes around quite a few, rather than just sticking to a couple.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Wednesday, September 16, 2015 - 8:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
Nessietessie, I agree with your assessment.

Oz for the win!

Paul Zerdin should have saved last week's act for the Finale. This week's was good because he showed his ability to work with four personalities in his act, but I did not think it was as funny as last week's act.

I really liked The ClydeLewis Band but don'think they will win.

All of the rest of them.......meh.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, September 16, 2015 - 3:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I bet it will be Oz. He is a real "go-getter".

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, September 16, 2015 - 6:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Such a disappointing finale. I was so disappointed in Derek and Paul. Oz and the regurgitator were the best acts of the night for me. I wonder if Drews stutter gets worse because he's nervous or if he lays it on because in his package it was barely noticeable.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Wednesday, September 16, 2015 - 6:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
I will absolutely scream if the Regurgitator wins tonight!!

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Wednesday, September 16, 2015 - 6:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I really hate singers on this show! I don't care how talented they are, there are singing shows to go on.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Wednesday, September 16, 2015 - 6:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
Have they done any of the results yet?

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Wednesday, September 16, 2015 - 7:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
I'm on vacation in Boston so I'm able to watch the finale live and an hour has gone by and not a single result has been announced. Talk about a BLOATED finale - very frustrating!

Hoping Oz takes the crown! He's got a lot of stiff competition!

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Wednesday, September 16, 2015 - 7:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I really hate singers on this show! I don't care how talented they are, there are singing shows to go on.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, September 16, 2015 - 7:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Top 5

Oz
Paul Zerdin
Drew Lynch
Professional Reg . . . .
Craig Lewis Band