TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 26, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Talent/Variety Shows: America's Got Talent: ARCHIVES: Archive through August 26, 2015 users admin

Nyeratheart

09-03-2010

Tuesday, August 11, 2015 - 7:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyeratheart a private message Print Post    
Loved Siro-a and the ventriloquist (Paul?). He was funny! Did anyone hear who had to leave the competition and the young mariachi girl took the spot? I heard she replaced someone but didn't catch who.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, August 11, 2015 - 11:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
This is what I found:

Despite being in the Top 7 of their respective Judge Cuts shows, crossbow master Silvia Silvia and non-dating aerial act Duo Volta are no longer in the competition, absurdly replaced by Alondra Santos (who I though deserved to advance even though Mariachi ain't winning this thing) and DADitude! (who I ranked 10th in their group).

from a rather irritating link at http://www.buddytv.com/articles/americas-got-talent/americas-got-talent-live-blog-57241.aspx

I thought Drew Lynch was great tonight, particularly the bit about people talking to his dog. Strangely I don't remember him from the previous rounds. Must have been multi tasking or something.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Wednesday, August 12, 2015 - 2:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Drew was the first to be sent right to the live show so wasn't in the judges cut rounds.

I thought it was a fabulous show almost all around. Most definitely stepped up big time.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, August 12, 2015 - 4:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
As I said upthread, this is the first season I've watched all of the shows. I'm truly enjoying it. Wish I had watched all in previous seasons. Judges' personalities make a difference. This is a good group. Sorry Howard is leaving.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Wednesday, August 12, 2015 - 10:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
This has been a good season because they didn't make us sit through too many of the really really bad acts.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, August 12, 2015 - 10:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I was happy with tonight's results. Was holding my breath about Drew Lynch and Paul Zerdin. They both went through. I don't know that Drew would end up winning this season, but I hope he does end high up in the finals.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, August 12, 2015 - 10:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The trouble with them taking out the "at risk" ones in the beginning so that we can vote is that the remaining decisions are all pretty predictable.

The other problem is that nobody but East coast (and Central?) can actually vote, which is rather annoying.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Thursday, August 13, 2015 - 6:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Kitt I thought they said that if the other time zones wanted to vote they could use the AGT Facebook Page or other social platform so I guess FB will say which three are in jeopardy and then you can vote.

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Thursday, August 13, 2015 - 9:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
LOL....I love Stevie Starr, the Scottish regurgitator.

It takes a heck of a lot of practice, talent and commitment to be able to do what he does, plus I find it incredibly entertaining.

His show is akin to what a magician does...it always leaves you wondering..."How'd he do that?"

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, August 13, 2015 - 9:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
They did, Roteach, but then what's the point of watching the show, if you've seen the results online three hours before?! Takes all the fun out of it.

I just don't understand how the regurgitator can do what he does. I like it in general but couldn't watch the last one with the razor blade.

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Thursday, August 13, 2015 - 9:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
I hear you, Kitt...but there must be a knack or secret to how they are able to do it.

We obviously believe that they must be cutting themselves to pieces but that can't be true or they would only be able to perform their show once! lol

I've seen him perform before, quite a few years ago, so he's been at it for quite a while. They obviously have some amazing ability beyond the average person, even f it is only sleight of hand.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, August 13, 2015 - 10:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I didn't think of it as sleight of hand at all before, until the razor blade, that just seemed impossible. But I kind of think he still did it, just don't know how!

He has a huge scar down his belly which he claims is from a stunt that went wrong, but I guess could have been anything, and the stunt part makes it a good story.

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Thursday, August 13, 2015 - 3:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
Well, after reading about him, I'm now thinking of him more as a magician, though a very talented one.

There has been mention of the fact that he could have Zenker's Diverticulum, which features a pouch or sac at the back of the throat...who knows?

zenkers

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, August 14, 2015 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I'm fascinated by Stevie Starr as well.

I'm really enjoying this season . Ditto on Howard leaving. I wonder why.

I also wonder why if Duo Volta left that they didn't bring the other two hand balancers in in their place.

I found Alessandro's act way too busy for me and ended up ff through it. Piff was meh. And while I loved Matt Franco on his season he wasn't very slick with his trick tonight.

I absolutely adore Paul Zerdin and his act. But I do not get the effusive praise about Drew Lynch. Yes stand up is tough and really tough with a stutter but I didn't find much of his material all that funny. A couple of jokes yes and frankly if not for the stutter I don't think he would have gone thru, it seems more about his heart.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, August 19, 2015 - 12:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Did anyone watch last night? The show seemed off last night, I don't know what it was, the tempo, pace whatever seemed akward. I couldn't hear the singer with the band nor most of the girl who sang opera. The background and band just drowned out any vocals for me.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, August 19, 2015 - 2:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Didn't see all of it. Lengthy interruptions for weather updates. Was kinda bad last night. Ultimately nothing happened in this immediate area. We didn't even lose electricity. Crawler on screen said it will be aired again Friday evening.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, August 19, 2015 - 9:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Before I forget, they said there were just 450 votes between the top two of the "vote to save" group, and that was 1/3rd of a percent of the vote. That gives the total number of votes to save as 135,000 which isn't many at all.

I didn't notice anything off last night. Going through tonight were:

Uzeyer (Ladder guy)
Arielle Baril (girl singer)
Craig Lewis Band
Sharon Irving (older singer)
Derek Hughes (magician)
Ira (vote to save)
3 Shades of Blue (judges' choice between them and Freckled Sky)

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, August 19, 2015 - 9:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I think there were no particular stand-out talents this week so made for a not-so-exciting show Tuesday night.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, August 20, 2015 - 4:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Too true Colour it was lack lustre. Everything just seemed rather flat and off kilter. There seemed like a lot of akward pauses and weird spacing. I was wondering whether it was my tv for a bit when the background music was overloading the singers.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, August 20, 2015 - 4:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
They go on about the groups having an act. The ladder guy to me couldn't have a whole act to himself. Part of a variety show yes but a stand alone?

Jmm

08-15-2002

Friday, August 21, 2015 - 7:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
For those of you who watch America's Got Talent (or not) I would like to ask a favor. Would you please go to the link below and give a vote to Johnny Shelton? He's the son of a friend from high school and is a wonderful singer. You don't have to register or sign up to vote, and from what I can tell you can vote daily, just click the link and choose Johnny Shelton. Thank you so much.

AGT Vote - Johnny Shelton

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 8:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Allegedly the swallower is a fake.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 8:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
The best tonight -- Daniella Mass, Oz Pearlman, Freelusion.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 10:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I only voted for three tonight, the regurgitator, the dancers at the end, and the blind dancer. I thought it was a pretty bland show.

The secret to the regurgitator - which is not confirmed so is more like a possible secret of the regurgitator - is in the spoiler box below:
Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
He has an uncorrected cleft palate, which is a split in the roof of his mouth, and he can hide objects there. Nothing is swallowed as such, it's just stored in the little pouch back there. Apparently on some close ups of when he swallows larger things you can see it peeking out the back of his mouth.

Then a lot of the rest is sleight of hand, so for example with tonight's ring trick he does the sort of thing a magician would do, there are two locks, he uses distraction to give himself time to put the ring on one lock while Mel is showing everyone the other lock is sealed without the ring on it. He 'swallows' (see above) the ring and both locks, then regurgitates just the lock with the ring on it.

It's certainly a talent and a show, just not quite as described.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Wednesday, August 26, 2015 - 3:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
i wonder if that is why the judges kept making such a big point of calling him a magician. i think he is entertaining, but not sure he could sustain and hour long show.