TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 04, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Fashion Design/Modeling/Pageant Shows: Project Runway Season 14: Archive through September 04, 2015 users admin

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, August 28, 2015 - 8:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Amanda's dress immediately made me think of the nursing tops I used after my son was born where one side would lower to breast feed.

I really liked Gabrielle's original idea but it was her own fault in the fabric selection for the dress. That's where knowledge and experience start to play in these comps.

I loved Ashley's dress but I guess it was too 'safe'. I also liked Merline's but I hope she doesn't keep using those flat pieces that hang down.

Joe should have been in the bottom as well. Candace should have won hands down.

I still can't believe that barf of a dress won! There's going to have to be a lot of photoshopping to make that work in a magazine.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Friday, August 28, 2015 - 8:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Shocked that Blake won.....his dress was puckered which I found distracting. I assumed that Candice or Swapnil would win.
Did I miss Swapnil and Candice being "runners up ", they knew to leave the stage with Blake ?

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, August 28, 2015 - 9:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Yes, they were told after Blake's (undeserved) win that they were safe and could leave the stage.

Merline should have been in the top 3 in my opinion, and I think Candice thinks she was robbed.

I can't believe that sequined dress was safe. Seriously?

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Friday, August 28, 2015 - 4:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
I love it when Heidi gets her digs in ["Look at this! It looks like I did the stitching!"], but poor Gabrielle really did deserve to get the boot.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Saturday, August 29, 2015 - 3:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I was surprise about the sequined dress as well, Roxip. I thought he would be in the bottom.

I could not believe Blake won either! It really was a parachute.

I liked Swapnil's and Candice's the best. I would have definitely given the win to Candice. I loved her whole look. Great with the blouse and great without.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, August 29, 2015 - 4:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
If I was a contestant on this show, I would be thoroughly confused by the judging this week. Granted, Gabrielle's dress was a mess but what was that sequined thing that walked down the runway. It was just a sequined shift mini-dress that took eight hours to make.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Saturday, August 29, 2015 - 4:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
I'm pretty sure the crack pipe was handed out to the judges before the runway. The judging this week was all sorts of messed up.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, August 29, 2015 - 8:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Jimmer...Gabrielle was eliminated. :-)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, August 29, 2015 - 1:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The winner's outfit was crazy and why is it okay suddenly that it is poorly constructed .. Nina liked the creativity. Hot Mess, IMO.

And the loser .. they uncovered the white dress and said it was the worst constructed ever.. so you win with poor construction and you lose with poor construction. In the same episode.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, August 29, 2015 - 5:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I liked Blakes dress and he was so thrilled to win. It's a given Swapnil,Candice and Ashley are the best and will win other challenges. I think it was good for his self esteem and maybe the judges wanted to recognize him.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Saturday, August 29, 2015 - 5:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I don't see the judges ever boosting someone's ego with an undeserved win.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, August 30, 2015 - 9:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Well maybe not there self esteem,but I do think sometimes they reward the person who took a bigger risk even tho their design may not be the best.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, August 30, 2015 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I think it was a middle finger to Mary Kay as they're now stuck using it in an ad.

The amount of time spent on the Mary Kay sessions has increased while the amount of time given to the designers to create and sew has decreased. They used to have two days at least to create for each challenge and that is now cut down to one. Either the producers are taking a higher cut or the sponsors have really cut back on their end.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Sunday, August 30, 2015 - 11:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
that was the weirdest judging ever! I was so confused! I certainly heard the judging negative comments on the back of that dress - but Heidi really felt he "pushed the envelope"

so I agree with everyone else -- 1 day? Whats up with all the 1 day time lines?

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Sunday, August 30, 2015 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I think the 1 day challenges come down to the budget set for the show...

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, September 03, 2015 - 7:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
It's obvious they aren't spending as much money on production this season but with the amount of commercials going on within the show, somebody is taking money to the bank. Very disappointing Heidi and Tim!!

As for tonight's show, LOVED Swapnil's and Edmond's pieces!! Both could go down the runway tomorrow! Actually I liked most of the boy's + Meline's looks. Congrats fo them for working so well together!

So glad Amanda was eliminated. And that denial act as if it wasn't her fault she made what she did. Good riddance!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, September 03, 2015 - 7:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yeah on Amanda going home!! Can't wait to watch the show.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, September 03, 2015 - 8:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
not to mention multiple in show advertising, really nails? I doubt the mean girls will recognize themselves, so nice the two people on the bottom was the one who wanted to help the other get to the top. How silly to just throw stuff at the fabric with no ideas, I think I would have stolen and hid some of the white because of the idiots.
Yes, let us just throw things without a thought in our head first because then we will be doing something, what ever.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, September 03, 2015 - 9:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So I understand wanting to help each other but when did this turn into a team sport. You still need to make sure you do your own creation.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, September 03, 2015 - 9:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Good grief, is the show 90 minutes so they can have more commercials than normal!

And what the heck do nails have to do with designing clothes!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, September 03, 2015 - 10:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, How can these girls say "I think we pulled this off". Those are the worst looking dresses I have seen in a long time. Surely they could have salvaged some of the other fabric.

Oh well, Heidi was right, their picking strategy was really stupid.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Thursday, September 03, 2015 - 10:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
It was sad as it was set up to ignore Ashley. They picked her last, then when the girls were trying to come up with a concept (really how hard is that? I mean, how come not once in the planning stages did they not come up with "where is our girl from? or some such nonsense? Until of course they found they were the losing team, then suddenly she was from San Francisco!

I so wanted Ashley to stand up for herself, but she just melted the whole time - at some point she just made clothes, but as they were defending their looks, I wanted her to say, I was going to design this, or this, but the team.... I wanted to be a part of the team... something.. I did love in the room when the guy sitting next to her encouraged her to speak up now... and of course Kelly Osbourne figured it out pretty quickly - at least in the end it went with design, and the "team of girls" couldn't outsmart the judges by throwing Ashley under the bus!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, September 03, 2015 - 10:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I am glad that Laurie spoke up and told the truth about how the team worked. At least there was that.

And OMG, Amanda's dress was awful and it was practically the same as last week.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, September 03, 2015 - 10:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Bye, bye Amanda. You deserved to leave.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Friday, September 04, 2015 - 9:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I'm just starting to watch the show...

The girls were stupid... Candice picking Amanda to "lift her up" was insane!!! It's a competition not girl scouts!!!! Obviously Amanda's been in the bottom for a REASON!!!!

And the guys not picking Ashley is equally baffling!!! They picked Jake and Joe over Ashley??? And Blake... what a waste... engage in the challenge for crying out loud.