TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 27, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Fashion Design/Modeling/Pageant Shows: Project Runway Season 14: Archive through August 27, 2015 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, August 15, 2015 - 10:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, we want you to deduce it from our coded messages, LOL.

David went home.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Saturday, August 15, 2015 - 10:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Jimmer ~ David was eliminated this week. Thanks for taking care of the update!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, August 21, 2015 - 11:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
My entire post from last night seems to be gone. Cyber Twilight Zone . . . .

So this was Team Challenge Week. Ashley and Candice did a piece for Venice that won them both immunity for next week. On one hand I liked it but I also thought there too many attached pieces of fabric that were too much.

Swapnil and Laurie worked on a piece for India and it would have looked perfect on the guest judge Tracee Ellis Ross. They were a close 2nd.

Lindsey and Jake had Hong Kong and were also in the top three. Wow she is difficult! Not to defend him completely but I do understand why he shut down. They seemed to talk more then draw which is why they seemed so stifled in ideas - JMHO.

Kelly and Blake worked well together and I really liked their piece for Greece but they came in 4th - safe.

Amanda and Gabrielle had the south of France and while they worked great together and I thought they were headed in a good direction, what came down the runway surprised me. It wasn't as bad as others but it was lacking. Bottom three - a warning more then anything.

Joe and Merline were paired with St. Petersburg as their destination. He took complete charge without letting her speak at all and even after Tim had warned him it was way too matronly, Joe's reaction after Tim left was "so we're on the right path". Mind boggling! He should be gone soon.

Edmond and Hanmaio were in the bottom and he had immunity so Hanmiao went home. Thank you! She came up with the idea of them both doing their own sketches and then blending the two ideas into one. Sounds great right?! Then she said her sketch wasn't really her idea because she only drew what she thought he would draw. ??? Communication only got worse from there.

I still don't understand how she got on this show to begin with. Her boxed dresses remind me of the paper dress fad that lasted one week back in the late 60's.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, August 21, 2015 - 11:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Good synopsis. I too was glad that Han Maio went home - I thought that yellow thing she made the first week looked like a Home Ec project from the 70s. I liked Lindsey and Jake's dress - it was my favorite and I was surprised they were in the middle. I liked Ashley and Candice's shirt for the most part but I didn't think any of the pieces went well together. The pants were of a weird fabric, the striped top was unflattering, the back of it was too long and that jacket didn't match anything else. I'm not surprised the judges liked it because I obviously do not understand fashion but it was weird to me. I did like how well they worked together though.

I was glad Merline didn't pay the price for Joe's domination over her. What a total arse. I am surprised she didn't fight back more though.

I rather disagree with you about Lindsey and Jake. I understand she has serious control issues but he contributed absolutely nothing to either the design or the process as far as I could see. She kept throwing ideas at him and he kept telling her no but didn't come up with anything else. The only decent thing he did was give her full credit for the design. I actually loved the fabric that she used and thought it worked amazingly well considering that it was green and red!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, August 21, 2015 - 12:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Roxi ~ I agree Jake didn't seem to contribute much and I don't mean to excuse him for that. I think their biggest problem was in throwing out verbal ideas and not actually sitting down and drawing something to show the other what they were thinking of. They were both so stuck on being verbal. Fashion is VISUAL. Why the heck weren't they arguing over sketches, LOL!

He at least did have a point about kimonos which I don't think she was getting. Her piece was beautiful but I suspect she lost first place because it was too literal for Hong Kong.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, August 21, 2015 - 1:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
A lot of control issues in this show, a lot of people who I doubt could work with anyone, let alone the people they were trying to work with.

I am trying to deal with someone like that now - Don't want to talk about it now, I will do it ,later,, later, don't worry about it, don't push me - total shut down as they go to their room and shut the door.

I understand not talking while you are thinking, but you can't think in your head while trying to work with someone. I think Han knows this and thus her exit interview. Tje design sucked for both of them, but individually, they could have come up with something better, but if you can't work with other people, you can't hold a job.

I think other choices of fabric could have gone well in the Hong kong outfit. the contrast could have been used as trim.I saw none of the trim that a friend from hong kong has on all her outfits. I think I like the indian outfit the best, but I thought there was a little bit of control and sabotage with Tim with the fabric between them.

I rarely like the winning look, I guess edge is foreign to me. I can live with that. I will never like the winner of this show, my favorites will always be eliminated for not being daring enough.

Well off to have a door slammed in my face again.

Kmm

10-07-2005

Saturday, August 22, 2015 - 8:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kmm a private message Print Post    
I love Ashley and Candice, but I didn't really like that winning look. I liked Kelly and Blake's the best...though I can't stand him! I was on Lindsey's side...Jake seems like a jerk! Glad the one that left is gone...she was an odd duck!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, August 22, 2015 - 4:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So what is the deal with only one day to do the challenges? Are they running out of money for production?

I have always said I would rather they have more time so I can see excellent design, than the panic they cause with shorter time and crummy garments.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, August 22, 2015 - 4:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Boy Hanmaio sure is obstinent. She would cut off her nose to spite her face.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, August 22, 2015 - 4:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I kind of like the panic and chaos of a one day task but I would like to see a couple of tasks with a time limit of a few days.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, August 22, 2015 - 5:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Candice and Ashley I like the cape the bets, the rest of the outfit so-so.

Swapnil/Laurie. OH, I love the colors, and it is fun once the scarf comes off.

Lindsey/Jake. hmmmm, seems kind of overwhelming with all those patterns and colors.

Joe/Merlin...Seems pretty dull to me, And very simple, what area is she supposed to be from, and where was the change from day to night?

Han/Edmond. Wow, the suit really is awful, I like the skirt...too bad she wouldn't listen

Amanda/Gabrielle...hmmmm, seems kind of dull to me, and I don't see the day to night part.

Blake/Kelly... Wow, I really do like this jumpsuit, it is really pretty, but once again, no day to night change.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, August 22, 2015 - 5:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I really feel like Edmond took one for the team to get Hanmaio out. Her outfit last week was awful as well, I don't have a clue who it is she thinks she is designing for. Not even clear on how she made the show.

She was going to be problematic in any group comp, so it is good she has moved on.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, August 22, 2015 - 5:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I mean she wouldn't even listen to Tim either.

Panda

07-15-2005

Sunday, August 23, 2015 - 6:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
Telling him to Shut Up a few times was not going to go well either.

Haven't they all watched the show before? You should mentally prepare yourself for a group challenge.

Merline/Joe's was supposed to be St. Petersburg - their outfit didn't show it was from anywhere, dull!!!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Sunday, August 23, 2015 - 7:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
They haven't gone to Mood yet either have they?

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, August 23, 2015 - 8:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
there was some mood stuff in the room. does that count?

Peeper

06-14-2004

Monday, August 24, 2015 - 6:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Peeper a private message Print Post    
I know Hanmaio was hard to work with but Edmond knew he had immunity. When they could not come to an agreement he should have let her take control because she was the only one who could be out. The skirt he made was awful. She tried to tell him the color was bad. He told her to make a swimsuit but she tried to tell him the material was not good but he would not listen. The judges remarked that the material should not have been used to make a swimsuit. I wish she had left on something that was completely her creation. They should have said you do the skirt I will do the top and hopefully they will match.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Wednesday, August 26, 2015 - 11:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I think Swampnil should have won the last 2 challenges.
What was up with Ashley's hair for the last runway show? It looked like she mugged Aunt Bea and stole an old lady flower hat.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 7:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
SERIOUSLY?! This was an important challenge considering the reward and there were some good designs tonight. What a disappointment!

No wonder Lifetime isn't letting viewers rate the runway after each show this year! Maybe this is their way of saying Mary Kay is a mediocre sponsor so they're giving them a mediocre dress to use in their ad?

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 8:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Edmund had an awesome look, he should have been in the top, I cant believe that parchute won!

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 9:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
Blake's design was hideous! And he won! I don't get the judges at all. I thought Candice should have won! Way more detail and design and excellent workmanship.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 9:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, that Blake dress is awful. I liked the little top and pants. Also Joe's was ok, Oh, much better from the back.

Lindsey's outfit is nice. Ashly's dress is really cute as well.

Laurie, nice outfit. Hmmm Jake's is really a party dress. Amanda's ok, kind of looked maternity to me.

Swapnil dress is really cool. Merline... very nice, it does remind me of NY.

Gabrielle, ok, the coat sleeves are weird.

Candice, Oh I like that little vest thing and the dress is really good too.

Edmond Very nice.

So the only awful one is Blake's. How could they call it the winner.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 10:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
hahahahaha, the judges agreed with me on Amanda's dress, that is a first.

They sure did seem harsh on all the other people and didn't even comment on Blake's lack of construction.

Candice's leather dress was the best one, I think, for the competition, even the judges said it was very Mary Kay.

How in the world did Blake win this? Did the judges have too many cocktails or something?

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 10:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
No, the right person went home, that outfit was horrendous, and the hem, they don't hem only cut. what a mess, so many unfinished edges and it looked lie there was some problem with the back as well, I just didn't care enough to look at it.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 10:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So they couldn't send their "return girl" home so they sent Gabrielle off.

This was really weird judging.